Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 13, 2017
So after months we had an accident. Dogs ran by caught the power cord at high speed ( 2 labs). The laptop crashed to the ground and not only sustained physical damage but was drowned in a Big Bubba cup of Ice Tea. Bang dead.

Called Asurion and they were super nice. Unit went in and came back fairly quickly. They had repaired the physical damage but the unit had a constant pixilation that was noticeable on a black screen. The unit would also occasionally shock me when held on the lap. This was fairly low voltage like a bad static shock. Called again repeated word and a nice person apologized and arranged for them to repair it again. Off it went and in a few weeks it was back. This time it went out and was gone a couple of weeks and came back. This time the pixilation was gone but after a hour or two playing video games it would have a line that would form in a random part of the screen and move. The unit would also still occasionally shock me when held on the lap. Called and they set it up for repair again. This time it wasn't nearly as smooth and I had to call 5 times and it took some time to get the shipping box in so I could send it in. The unit went off and after a couple of weeks it came back with a new charger. On this charger the unit experienced none of these problems. The problem was that when running a game (not a challenging one: MechWarrior Online) the game would be very choppy to the point of being unplayable. If I go back to the original charger I still have the same issues as before. With the new charger I cant use my gaming laptop. So the choice is either a laptop that doesn't run or a laptop that malfunctions. For the last time I called and they apologized. The customer service rep looked at the record of how many times the unit had been in and she said to send it in and they would look into sending me a replacement. It went off and a couple of weeks later and it says "sorry we cant duplicate your issue".

So after many months of back and forth and almost half of the year with a non working laptop. I would not buy any plan by Asurian.

Update 5/27: Unit just came back again and they said it tested fine and there is no problems. Guess what...still has a video issue on games and runs much worse on the game I play than before. Will play this week and see if the same issue keeps popping up like it did again this morning. I am very frustrated.
on July 21, 2016
First, it took about 3 weeks and several angry messages before I even got an email from asurion confirming my purchase and providing me with instructions on how to register my product. Imagine my surprise when I go to register and asurion's system has made it impossible to do so. I go to create an account and I see that the fields for entering my name are shaded out and I am unable to enter anything in those fields. I proceed to enter my address and other contact info, but when I go to create the account, I get an error telling me that I need to enter my name. How? I can't! Reattempted from a different browser and different computer with the same result. What happens if I actually have to file a claim? I can't even create an account! WORST SERVICE EVER!
review image
on July 1, 2017
So, it's been awhile since I've sent this company my laptop. The first time I sent it in was just for my webcam, and it came back with the mouse and the webcam not working. I sent it back in, and the mouse half worked, the webcam worked for about a week and then went out again. I sent it in a third time, and it came back with the mouse only working in the top left corner, and the keyboard messing up. I believe I sent it in one more time, and when I got it back it was working for the most part but after about a month it went kaput. Now, I am an artist. I don't destroy my items, and I treat them fairly well. I didn't throw my laptop around, and I kept it in a fairly padded area when it was not in use.

My point on this is, for the most part, is that I sent it in to this company to get fixed and it came back worse each time. You're better off going to Best Buy and getting The Geek Squad on your things, because at least then they have to look you in the eye to lie to you. I don't know if this company used to be better, but this was about a year-and-a-half to a year ago. It was a long bumpy road that ended up with my laptop committing suicide.

Apparently all of the issues that they caused were not enough to replace my laptop, even though they were the ones causing the dang issues. Again, I started with a camera that was not working... And then I ended up with no mouse, keyboard, no camera. Not worth your money, not even a little bit.
on February 10, 2016
It's hard to write about a service that you purchase. On the one hand, I'm extremely glad I purchased the extended warranty on a HP laptop as I've had to send the computer in 2X. The first year, I assumed HP fixed the laptop although it was sent to the same location as I would have sent it using the extended warranty service. So, presumably the same people work on it. They forewarn you to back up important files &/or programs as they might be lost during repair. Little did I know they'd remove the entire OS when they repaired it an returned it to me. It was hours on the phone trying to figure out what happened and then they had to send recovery discs ultimately get it working again. Files, pictures, and many programs installed had been removed and needed re-installation which took considerable time. I just sent the laptop in again and it was promptly repaired and returned. As in the first case, they recommend 'backing up important files' before sending it in. Once again, I did this. Only this time, before sending it in, I/we specifically asked that they not remove the OS and leave any files, etc on the computer. They didn't remove the OS but when the computer was returned (with the keyboard fixed) they sent it with a Windows 7 OS that hadn't been updated. It took over 2 hours for Windows to download all the 'updates' necessary to make it current. They removed my Norton Antivirus software which I had a subscription to. It took 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Norton to get this software re-installed back on the computer. All of the other programs that were installed with shortcuts placed on the desktop were removed and needed 're-installation'. I'm glad we had the protection agreement as I'm sure in both repair cases it has paid for itself. However, in using this service, there were numerous frustrations and it required an inordinate amount of MY time to return the laptop to our personalized version.
on April 30, 2017
Same company that replaces my cellphone when it gets damaged /stolen etc and I've never had any complaints but I've never used this for my laptop and unless you're really hard on expensive items that need insurance, or unless you're buying a used laptop you won't need this. I'm writing this over two years after purchase and i don't have so much as a scratch on my laptop. This is why I gave 3 stars bc it was a waste of my money and I'd just pay for repairs when and if they come up in the future.
on November 20, 2017
The worst investment I've ever made. I actually had to use the plan, due to a hard drive malfunction on my laptop. They install a base model of windows in your laptop if they have to replace the hard-drive. None of the function keys work. The computer freezes every time I attempt to turn in on, and have to perform manual restart. Do not buy this.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 23, 2017
Would never order again. Never had the need arise.
on July 26, 2016
the site looks a bit shadey but their customer service is the best i have ever witnessed and i will be using them all electronics i buy here
on November 24, 2015
I was unable rto use it but it covers almost everthing for a computer for that low price
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 14, 2017
I bought a 2 year warranty for a DELL Inspiron 15.6 inch screen Laptop. have had this laptop for a since 12-09-2015..I got no software with this product. I needed to use my DVD player for the first time this year 02-04-2017, to load H & R block software. The laptop DVD player did not work. Upon further investigation I found that the DVD was not recognized on this laptop. I also bought a two year warranty on it. I called the warranty people on 02-14-2017. The warranty people referred me to Dell to see if they could send me a supplemental disc for Drivers and Utilities. Dell said the warranty was out on 02-07-2017, and went on to refer me to their out of warranty phone number and told me there could be charges. By this time I gave up and hung up. This laptop should have had software and the DVD player should have worked. Of course if I have the software and the DVD player wasn't working to begin with what good would that do. Very dissatisfied with this purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.