Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $1250-$1500|Change

Showing 1-10 of 336 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 361 reviews
on May 19, 2015
So far worthless. They haven't managed to send me a return box after two weeks and three calls. I have no idea how long it will be once my pc goes there for repair.
on December 5, 2015
My laptop screen broke when accidentally dropped down the stairs. The screen was seriously broken and the laptop had scratch marks from the fall. Before the break however, the laptop back cover had a tip that was sort of melted (Did not effect laptop performance at all, was just aesthetically broken). Also, the laptop was having issues running simple games like CS:GO and had screen tearing and slow fps (14 fps). I called customer service and was happy with the fast connection to an agent rather than an automatized system. The agent asked a few questions and informed me that a shipping box will be on its way. I was pleased with the claim filing process. I shipped the laptop to Canopy, and yes it comes with a pre-paid shipping label. About a week after I called to check the status on the laptop and the agent informed me that it is on the way and should be arriving the next day. I was surprised at the speed it took for them to fix my computer. After receiving the laptop, I noticed that nothing was done about the plastic back cover, which I made sure to tell the agent about. I started the laptop and I instantly realized the color of the screen was wonky (The black startup screen was more like dark grey). I continued to use it not thinking of it. But then I checked the screen resolution and it was 1600x900. The original screen of my laptop is 1920x1080. I was and am really disappointed with the Canopy protection plan and hope it will be resolved after speaking with them again.
on April 29, 2014
Bad omen: I get an email thanking me for purchasing their product, but it then tells me, "Please note: This is your Canopy contract. You will not receive anything in the mail." This, then, is followed by NO CONTRACT, but rather only a link to another site with FIVE columns, side by side on the same page, with an IMPOSSIBLY small font to read. In fact, you CAN'T read it! One would have to copy it, paste it into a Word document, enlarge the text from what looks like .5 pt to 12 pt, and then try to reformat it before being able to read it, let alone to save it. YUK! If you're going to charge me this much, but not really give me the terms and conditions in a separate email, or snail-mail, then I don't really feel like you care about me or my purchase all that much! Who dreamed up this initial presentation to a new customer?!!

Terrible hint of bad Customer Service correspondence to follow. Talk about feeling only bad news is to follow "in the small print," as they say. !! All I can say is, YUK!
on July 6, 2016
Everything I would expect in a 1st tier repair service. I didn't take any action until I managed to break my Chromebook LCD. I was able to register the service contract after making the mistake of trying to use the purchase order number for the laptop. Once I changed the purchase order information to the service program, everything went through (hiccup one)
When filing my claim, I kept getting an error, so I ended up having to call the company direct. It turns out that they can't use a P.O Box as a shipping address (hiccup two). Once I used my physical address the process went through without a problem. After making the claim, 2 days later the box arrived. I sent the unit back over the 4th of July weekend, it was finished within a week and I'm now writing this review on it.
on February 10, 2016
It's hard to write about a service that you purchase. On the one hand, I'm extremely glad I purchased the extended warranty on a HP laptop as I've had to send the computer in 2X. The first year, I assumed HP fixed the laptop although it was sent to the same location as I would have sent it using the extended warranty service. So, presumably the same people work on it. They forewarn you to back up important files &/or programs as they might be lost during repair. Little did I know they'd remove the entire OS when they repaired it an returned it to me. It was hours on the phone trying to figure out what happened and then they had to send recovery discs ultimately get it working again. Files, pictures, and many programs installed had been removed and needed re-installation which took considerable time. I just sent the laptop in again and it was promptly repaired and returned. As in the first case, they recommend 'backing up important files' before sending it in. Once again, I did this. Only this time, before sending it in, I/we specifically asked that they not remove the OS and leave any files, etc on the computer. They didn't remove the OS but when the computer was returned (with the keyboard fixed) they sent it with a Windows 7 OS that hadn't been updated. It took over 2 hours for Windows to download all the 'updates' necessary to make it current. They removed my Norton Antivirus software which I had a subscription to. It took 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Norton to get this software re-installed back on the computer. All of the other programs that were installed with shortcuts placed on the desktop were removed and needed 're-installation'. I'm glad we had the protection agreement as I'm sure in both repair cases it has paid for itself. However, in using this service, there were numerous frustrations and it required an inordinate amount of MY time to return the laptop to our personalized version.
on March 14, 2016
I purchased a Chromebook in April of 2015 at Amazon and included with my purchase the Canopy 2-year Laptop Accidental Protection Plan. This plan was to cover drops, spills, anything and everything you could think of. This Chromebook was a touch screen and I had a stylus inside it when I closed and moved it out of my way. I had placed it on the couch for a few minutes where my dog jumped up and laid down on top of it. Had the stylus not been closed inside it would have been fine. I ended up with a cracked screen which, after a short time, ended up useless. I couldn't decipher anything. I called Canopy and after telling the associate exactly what happened he said I would get a full refund in the form of an Amazon gift card. I had them send me a shipping label because my printer wasn't working. I was asked to package everything I had recieved with the item (I still had the original box), attach the label and drop it off at the nearest UPS store, which I did on a Tuesday. The following day I recieved an email with a number to add to my Amazon account. No problem. I highly recommend this product. No hassle, courteous service and almost immediate refund. Amazing. Keep in mind, though, that you need to provide your policy number, the serial number of the covered product and the purchase date.
on April 8, 2016
My initial problem which I sought to have repaired was a cracked screen on my laptop. Pretty simple, shouldn't be a problem. The actual claim process went fine, got the box and label quickly enough, and sent it to them. When I received my laptop, the screen was no longer cracked, but in their 'repair' process they also scratched up the top of my laptop and the brightness on the screen did not work. The little slip they send with it claims it passed quality assurance, but I've got a little bit of a doubt about that. Either way, I send it back to them to fix these problems. I get it back again and the issue of the scratch was not resolved, the screen hinges were loose and messed up, and the screws on the bottom were not matching and were not even properly screwed in. So, I dealt with their customer service for a while and finally negotiated for them to fix the problems and give me a full refund. I'd definitely say I'm not satisfied and I would not recommend this to anyone. I'll give their customer service an A for effort though (Though not for quality overall).
on July 21, 2016
First, it took about 3 weeks and several angry messages before I even got an email from asurion confirming my purchase and providing me with instructions on how to register my product. Imagine my surprise when I go to register and asurion's system has made it impossible to do so. I go to create an account and I see that the fields for entering my name are shaded out and I am unable to enter anything in those fields. I proceed to enter my address and other contact info, but when I go to create the account, I get an error telling me that I need to enter my name. How? I can't! Reattempted from a different browser and different computer with the same result. What happens if I actually have to file a claim? I can't even create an account! WORST SERVICE EVER!
review image
on August 8, 2016
I got the protection plan, but when it came to actually getting my computer repaired, getting any sort of response on how to go about doing that was impossible. I sent several emails and was never responded to. Waste of money. You are better off to find a friend that can fix computers for cheap.
on June 22, 2016
Do not buy this plan go with a different one. They will tell you we cover accidental drops and then tell you because of the way you dropped it its not covered. You heard right drop the wrong way its not covered. Then tell you since you don't agree they can have a supervisor call you back in two days. RUN to square trade I had the same issue with them and with in a few days I had a new computer. Square trade or nothing for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.