Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 5, 2015
My laptop screen broke when accidentally dropped down the stairs. The screen was seriously broken and the laptop had scratch marks from the fall. Before the break however, the laptop back cover had a tip that was sort of melted (Did not effect laptop performance at all, was just aesthetically broken). Also, the laptop was having issues running simple games like CS:GO and had screen tearing and slow fps (14 fps). I called customer service and was happy with the fast connection to an agent rather than an automatized system. The agent asked a few questions and informed me that a shipping box will be on its way. I was pleased with the claim filing process. I shipped the laptop to Canopy, and yes it comes with a pre-paid shipping label. About a week after I called to check the status on the laptop and the agent informed me that it is on the way and should be arriving the next day. I was surprised at the speed it took for them to fix my computer. After receiving the laptop, I noticed that nothing was done about the plastic back cover, which I made sure to tell the agent about. I started the laptop and I instantly realized the color of the screen was wonky (The black startup screen was more like dark grey). I continued to use it not thinking of it. But then I checked the screen resolution and it was 1600x900. The original screen of my laptop is 1920x1080. I was and am really disappointed with the Canopy protection plan and hope it will be resolved after speaking with them again.
12 people found this helpful
on May 19, 2015
So far worthless. They haven't managed to send me a return box after two weeks and three calls. I have no idea how long it will be once my pc goes there for repair.
23 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2016
Everything I would expect in a 1st tier repair service. I didn't take any action until I managed to break my Chromebook LCD. I was able to register the service contract after making the mistake of trying to use the purchase order number for the laptop. Once I changed the purchase order information to the service program, everything went through (hiccup one)
When filing my claim, I kept getting an error, so I ended up having to call the company direct. It turns out that they can't use a P.O Box as a shipping address (hiccup two). Once I used my physical address the process went through without a problem. After making the claim, 2 days later the box arrived. I sent the unit back over the 4th of July weekend, it was finished within a week and I'm now writing this review on it.
5 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2016
I purchased a Chromebook in April of 2015 at Amazon and included with my purchase the Canopy 2-year Laptop Accidental Protection Plan. This plan was to cover drops, spills, anything and everything you could think of. This Chromebook was a touch screen and I had a stylus inside it when I closed and moved it out of my way. I had placed it on the couch for a few minutes where my dog jumped up and laid down on top of it. Had the stylus not been closed inside it would have been fine. I ended up with a cracked screen which, after a short time, ended up useless. I couldn't decipher anything. I called Canopy and after telling the associate exactly what happened he said I would get a full refund in the form of an Amazon gift card. I had them send me a shipping label because my printer wasn't working. I was asked to package everything I had recieved with the item (I still had the original box), attach the label and drop it off at the nearest UPS store, which I did on a Tuesday. The following day I recieved an email with a number to add to my Amazon account. No problem. I highly recommend this product. No hassle, courteous service and almost immediate refund. Amazing. Keep in mind, though, that you need to provide your policy number, the serial number of the covered product and the purchase date.
on July 1, 2017
So, it's been awhile since I've sent this company my laptop. The first time I sent it in was just for my webcam, and it came back with the mouse and the webcam not working. I sent it back in, and the mouse half worked, the webcam worked for about a week and then went out again. I sent it in a third time, and it came back with the mouse only working in the top left corner, and the keyboard messing up. I believe I sent it in one more time, and when I got it back it was working for the most part but after about a month it went kaput. Now, I am an artist. I don't destroy my items, and I treat them fairly well. I didn't throw my laptop around, and I kept it in a fairly padded area when it was not in use.

My point on this is, for the most part, is that I sent it in to this company to get fixed and it came back worse each time. You're better off going to Best Buy and getting The Geek Squad on your things, because at least then they have to look you in the eye to lie to you. I don't know if this company used to be better, but this was about a year-and-a-half to a year ago. It was a long bumpy road that ended up with my laptop committing suicide.

Apparently all of the issues that they caused were not enough to replace my laptop, even though they were the ones causing the dang issues. Again, I started with a camera that was not working... And then I ended up with no mouse, keyboard, no camera. Not worth your money, not even a little bit.
One person found this helpful
on October 25, 2016
Assurion fixed the 2 problems with my sons lap top after having sent it in 3 times. when i received it back the 3rd time, the touch screen didnt work. i spent 75 minutes on the phone with them. after trouble shooting with them for a very long time, they told me that i needed to take it up with HP because it was still under the manufacturers warranty. They broke it! So i got very angry and they told me they would take a look at it. But of course they couldnt just mail me a label so i could use their "green" box. no! they need to mail me a new box that would take 5 days. My son hasnt had his laptop for the first 3 months of school as thats how long it took them to fix the two issues and then break it! I knew i was getting screwed by Assurion and so i thought i should call amazon to see if you could help and surely they did. Assurion needs a spanking. They are terrible. Dont buy insurance from them.
2 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2016
It's hard to write about a service that you purchase. On the one hand, I'm extremely glad I purchased the extended warranty on a HP laptop as I've had to send the computer in 2X. The first year, I assumed HP fixed the laptop although it was sent to the same location as I would have sent it using the extended warranty service. So, presumably the same people work on it. They forewarn you to back up important files &/or programs as they might be lost during repair. Little did I know they'd remove the entire OS when they repaired it an returned it to me. It was hours on the phone trying to figure out what happened and then they had to send recovery discs ultimately get it working again. Files, pictures, and many programs installed had been removed and needed re-installation which took considerable time. I just sent the laptop in again and it was promptly repaired and returned. As in the first case, they recommend 'backing up important files' before sending it in. Once again, I did this. Only this time, before sending it in, I/we specifically asked that they not remove the OS and leave any files, etc on the computer. They didn't remove the OS but when the computer was returned (with the keyboard fixed) they sent it with a Windows 7 OS that hadn't been updated. It took over 2 hours for Windows to download all the 'updates' necessary to make it current. They removed my Norton Antivirus software which I had a subscription to. It took 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Norton to get this software re-installed back on the computer. All of the other programs that were installed with shortcuts placed on the desktop were removed and needed 're-installation'. I'm glad we had the protection agreement as I'm sure in both repair cases it has paid for itself. However, in using this service, there were numerous frustrations and it required an inordinate amount of MY time to return the laptop to our personalized version.
on April 29, 2014
Bad omen: I get an email thanking me for purchasing their product, but it then tells me, "Please note: This is your Canopy contract. You will not receive anything in the mail." This, then, is followed by NO CONTRACT, but rather only a link to another site with FIVE columns, side by side on the same page, with an IMPOSSIBLY small font to read. In fact, you CAN'T read it! One would have to copy it, paste it into a Word document, enlarge the text from what looks like .5 pt to 12 pt, and then try to reformat it before being able to read it, let alone to save it. YUK! If you're going to charge me this much, but not really give me the terms and conditions in a separate email, or snail-mail, then I don't really feel like you care about me or my purchase all that much! Who dreamed up this initial presentation to a new customer?!!

Terrible hint of bad Customer Service correspondence to follow. Talk about feeling only bad news is to follow "in the small print," as they say. !! All I can say is, YUK!
21 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 29, 2017
I bought this protection plan for my almost $800 Dell computer. My daughter accidentally dropped her computer. I did all the process, I called them and apply to get my computer fixed, first I received a special box from Asurion to ship it to them, them I got notifications that my computer was being fixed and then I got it. The computer had a new screen and all broken parts were fixed. I even gave them a good review. When I got the computer back it worked because they had charged it before shipping it to me, but after that I was never able to charge it again. I thought it was the charger so I bought a new one and sometimes it would charge, sometimes it would not and all this time the screen kept falling. I send them two emails but never heard anything back from them.
2 people found this helpful
on June 15, 2016
I wish I could give it zero stars. What an absolute waste of money. I had a physically perfect laptop with overheating/etc. issues. I send it in for repair and they replace my cover with decals with a scratched up one and replace my keys with crooked keys just because the letters were faded a bit. Don't even attempt to address the real issue.

I send it in a second time, and they replace the already bad cover with another bad one and replace the battery. Again they don't even address the issues. So I go on there to send it in a third time, hoping the third time is a charm. Now they're saying my warranty is expired. $100 to have my barely functioning laptop made unsellable because now it looks like I've dragged it along the pavement.
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.