Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 200-$250|Change

Showing 1-10 of 334 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 359 reviews
on April 13, 2017
So after months we had an accident. Dogs ran by caught the power cord at high speed ( 2 labs). The laptop crashed to the ground and not only sustained physical damage but was drowned in a Big Bubba cup of Ice Tea. Bang dead.

Called Asurion and they were super nice. Unit went in and came back fairly quickly. They had repaired the physical damage but the unit had a constant pixilation that was noticeable on a black screen. The unit would also occasionally shock me when held on the lap. This was fairly low voltage like a bad static shock. Called again repeated word and a nice person apologized and arranged for them to repair it again. Off it went and in a few weeks it was back. This time it went out and was gone a couple of weeks and came back. This time the pixilation was gone but after a hour or two playing video games it would have a line that would form in a random part of the screen and move. The unit would also still occasionally shock me when held on the lap. Called and they set it up for repair again. This time it wasn't nearly as smooth and I had to call 5 times and it took some time to get the shipping box in so I could send it in. The unit went off and after a couple of weeks it came back with a new charger. On this charger the unit experienced none of these problems. The problem was that when running a game (not a challenging one: MechWarrior Online) the game would be very choppy to the point of being unplayable. If I go back to the original charger I still have the same issues as before. With the new charger I cant use my gaming laptop. So the choice is either a laptop that doesn't run or a laptop that malfunctions. For the last time I called and they apologized. The customer service rep looked at the record of how many times the unit had been in and she said to send it in and they would look into sending me a replacement. It went off and a couple of weeks later and it says "sorry we cant duplicate your issue".

So after many months of back and forth and almost half of the year with a non working laptop. I would not buy any plan by Asurian.
on March 29, 2017
I bought this protection plan for my almost $800 Dell computer. My daughter accidentally dropped her computer. I did all the process, I called them and apply to get my computer fixed, first I received a special box from Asurion to ship it to them, them I got notifications that my computer was being fixed and then I got it. The computer had a new screen and all broken parts were fixed. I even gave them a good review. When I got the computer back it worked because they had charged it before shipping it to me, but after that I was never able to charge it again. I thought it was the charger so I bought a new one and sometimes it would charge, sometimes it would not and all this time the screen kept falling. I send them two emails but never heard anything back from them.
on January 16, 2013
I ended up using this service on my laptop when the power connector pin came out. It took 4-5 weeks for me to get my laptop back, and when I did, they didn't even fix everything, saying the damage was aesthetic only (one of the USB ports didn't even work, but supposedly did during their test) For them to have it for so long, I expect to come back at least fixed.
on January 16, 2017
No complaints seems to be pretty good and I called them the good thing was that I got a real person not a bunch extensions in holding on to get nowhere listen to someone or something that don't make any sense thank you James will use again
on December 30, 2013
once my computer was damaged I contacted Canopy, they sent me a link so I can print a return label for UPS, took them a day to fix the problem to print a label. Canopy states "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" and this is not the case, its when the item is received. When I asked the representative about this statement "Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS" she told me that this is not the policy. I spoke to Amazon and of course they were not able to help me in this matter because they are not responsible for a third party vendor, what a joke...... Do yourself a favor, make sure you contact amazon first before you decide to use the protection plan from canopy.....
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2017
So far I have attempted to submit a claim 10 times over a 6 month period and still no return box or contact.
on February 1, 2017
Kill my computer on expiring night. Bad news. No more. Remove from my list.
on March 14, 2017
Never had to use this warranty which is fine with me.
on March 23, 2017
Would never order again. Never had the need arise.
on March 25, 2017
Protection plan is always a good buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.