Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 2, 2013
This protection plan was advertised after I purchased my product, I figured It's really cheap and I can be protected for 2 years. That sounds pretty good. I instantly got an email from Canopy after ordering the service, telling me to use the order number provided to register the protection plan online. I gave up on this after trying about 10 times. I tried to contact Canopy to make sure I am protected but there was no response. Then If you get really looking into their amazon profile. All of the positive reviews are written in the same slightly broken english, and none of them refer to the service given by canopy very clearly. Call me a conspiracy theorist but they look like fake reviews to me. Also after every bad comment you see the generic. "canopy would like to help you, please call us now" message. Which I am sure you will see after my review very shortly. Anyway I am going to go return this, Decide for yourself, I would look for another protection plan.
88 comments| 285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 26, 2013
I was dubious of this plan, but decided to try it since hard disks fail often. The plan period starts from when you buy the product even though the manufacturer warranty is in effect. If the product fails during the manufacturer warranty period, they tell you to call the manufacturer for service and don't let you file a claim. So your paying, in my case, for a year of service protection that you can't get from them. So now I have to struggle with the manufacturer, pay for return shipping, and hope they will provide a replacement. Not what I thought I purchased. *Egg protection plan is much better.
88 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2013
In my case I was buying this for a low-cost replacement hard drive so total cost was less than $5.00. But if I had looked at the contract terms and conditions first I'd probably not bought it -- too many exclusions and exceptions. You can read the contract details on line, but they are displayed in a text format that makes them very difficult to print in a readable text size. You can get a readable copy of their agreement by calling 1-866-551-5924.
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 31, 2014
I ordered this with a device. I canceled the device, but I had a hard time canceling this coverage. I should have not bought this coverage
11 comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2014
Received the warranty plan today - print is so small I can't read the words in the warranty. What are these people thinking? Why not make the warranty several pages that you can read vs a two page warranty you can not read?

It probably covers everything, but you couldn't prove it by me - I need a magnifying glass to read the very small print!

There is a number you can call to get a warranty in larger print, but why should I have to do that, when its just as easy to send it to me in larger print?

Amazon - you need to change to Square Trade Warranties - you can read them!
11 comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 29, 2015
Received email a few days after purchase. Tried to register a product but it refused to allow me even before receiving my item. Says to contact the support number and when i do all it does is keep ringing. I thought ok 2 year protection plan would be great for my mouse i bought. But sad thing is i can't even register it. I have looked through the review oh thinking the product was great with all the 5 star reviews but by the look of most are just too similar making me think that these are false reviews. I give a 1 star review for lack of support and their website. So i would say save your $4.24 instead of wasting it on this. It aint worth it.
on April 16, 2017
Not recommended! I bought this for my computer gaming mouse it stopped working so I filed a claim,I did everything that was required from me,
paid for the protection coverage, send them the broken mouse, after a few days did not hear anything from them, after 4 times of wasting my time talking to them they haven't fulfill their part of the agreement, every single time they tell me that they already sent me an email with e-gift card for the covered amount and that they will re-send it again but to this day I have not received a single e-mail from them, I will file a complaint everywhere I can and keep calling them, don't waste your time and money with asurion.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2016
The registering process is incredibly stupid. No matter what device I try to register a product under, I am unable to enter my first and last name. It is just blanked out. I have tried registering different products and it won't seem to work. I would not recommend this to anyone.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2018
The Asurion website, while being difficult to navigate at times and frustratingly exhausting to register, provided no solution to my hard drive that failed after just 9 months. The only response I ever received for a claim was "We have received your request and your product information has been updated." That's it. No way to follow up, and repeated claims brought the same answer. And and over: "We have received your request and your product information has been updated." ... For two straight years, until the protection plan had expired. I just found the hard drive, and while still being angry about the situation decided to finally sit down and pen a review. While this plan supposedly has a 4-star review, I sincerely doubt the legitimacy of that aggregate as most of the human responses you see below are full of unfulfilled and exhausting claims.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2017
I purchased a Razer Orbweaver a little less than a year ago. I've always had Razer products and I've ALWAYS gotten them protected via Geek Squad at Best Buy. Any issue (spills, shorted cable, sticky keys, key caps popping off, chroma lighting issues, etc) and they legit just give you a new one no questions asked. However, Best Buy no longer carries the keypads so I've had to purchase this on Amazon. I figured Assurion would be able to compete with Geek Squad in some way. After having some expected issues happen (I'm a competitive gamer so it's only a matter of time before something happens to my controllers) I'll describe my experience thus far.

First and foremost, I thought I was able to fulfill my replacement through Amazon. Unfortunately, after chatting with an Amazon rep they redirected me to Assurion's website. Okay, no problem. After going through Assurion's website to register / file a claim, the automated response was that the issue was covered by manufacturer's warranty and for me to go through Razer to get a replacement.

What was the purpose of me paying Assurion at this point?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.