Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,206 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,256 reviews
on December 26, 2013
I was dubious of this plan, but decided to try it since hard disks fail often. The plan period starts from when you buy the product even though the manufacturer warranty is in effect. If the product fails during the manufacturer warranty period, they tell you to call the manufacturer for service and don't let you file a claim. So your paying, in my case, for a year of service protection that you can't get from them. So now I have to struggle with the manufacturer, pay for return shipping, and hope they will provide a replacement. Not what I thought I purchased. *Egg protection plan is much better.
88 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
This protection plan was advertised after I purchased my product, I figured It's really cheap and I can be protected for 2 years. That sounds pretty good. I instantly got an email from Canopy after ordering the service, telling me to use the order number provided to register the protection plan online. I gave up on this after trying about 10 times. I tried to contact Canopy to make sure I am protected but there was no response. Then If you get really looking into their amazon profile. All of the positive reviews are written in the same slightly broken english, and none of them refer to the service given by canopy very clearly. Call me a conspiracy theorist but they look like fake reviews to me. Also after every bad comment you see the generic. "canopy would like to help you, please call us now" message. Which I am sure you will see after my review very shortly. Anyway I am going to go return this, Decide for yourself, I would look for another protection plan.
88 comments| 283 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2013
In my case I was buying this for a low-cost replacement hard drive so total cost was less than $5.00. But if I had looked at the contract terms and conditions first I'd probably not bought it -- too many exclusions and exceptions. You can read the contract details on line, but they are displayed in a text format that makes them very difficult to print in a readable text size. You can get a readable copy of their agreement by calling 1-866-551-5924.
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2014
I ordered this with a device. I canceled the device, but I had a hard time canceling this coverage. I should have not bought this coverage
on January 22, 2014
The worst customer service ever! I just wanted to call and find out what I was to have coverage on. The woman I spoke to didn't know. The woman informed me that the address was incorrect on my account and since the order was listed under my wife's name she would have to call and change the address. The only thing that had my wife's name on it was the billing address but on the order it clearly states that I am the purchaser. All of this I could tolerate until I noticed their ad says they are N.E.W an asurion company. I have all 6 of my cell phones insured through Asurion and as far as I'm concerned they are a very good company. I then asked a very simple question and that was " how are you associated with Asurion" the answer I got was " we are parents with Asurion". The woman said this was the response her SUPERVISOR told her to give me. So this tells me NO ONE in this company has a clue as to how corporations manage companies they own or partner with. I called Asurion and I was told by a young lady that Canopy is a company they due business with in order to work with Amazon and other such companies. I'm so glad I only lost $5.00 any more and I would be LIVID. The fact that Amazon associates with such a company as canopy gives me pause and makes me wonder if they are lowering their standards just to get more money!
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2013
I don't know about this product. I bought it just in case and it seemed legit, but when you use it, it seems sketchy. The product registration does not seem very legit. I would avoid buying this. Amazon has a fantastic return and replacement system; this is really an unnecessary thing to buy. I won't be making the mistake again. It is also very complicated to set your item up.
on April 28, 2015
I called Canopy just after I just purchased my protection plan and asked them very specifically if they cover damages from drops, spills, dog chewing on the wires, etc. They told me very clearly YES it does. Fast forward three weeks and my keyboard decides to bathe in highly-caffeinated, scalding hot, home-made coffee. In a panic, I called Canopy, hoping for consolation via claim-filing. Fat chance! They told me it doesn't cover that and there's nothing they can do. They seem poorly run and disorganized. I'm going back to SquareTrade.
on June 17, 2016
We bought a Canon printer a year-and-a-half ago, with a Canopy 2-year Protection plan, and the printer just broke, out of Canon's 1-year warranty. Called Canopy (now Asurion, apparently). They immediately verified the validity of the claim and emailed a pre-paid shipping label. We dropped the printer off at UPS yesterday, and the reimbursement email, in the form of an Amazon gift card, arrived today. Applied it to our account, bought a new printer, and bought another 2-year Protection plan (which I hope we won't have to use).
on April 25, 2014
Received the warranty plan today - print is so small I can't read the words in the warranty. What are these people thinking? Why not make the warranty several pages that you can read vs a two page warranty you can not read?

It probably covers everything, but you couldn't prove it by me - I need a magnifying glass to read the very small print!

There is a number you can call to get a warranty in larger print, but why should I have to do that, when its just as easy to send it to me in larger print?

Amazon - you need to change to Square Trade Warranties - you can read them!
on November 19, 2015
There is a pretty decent warranty on most electronic products, and when you buy the extended warranty they are usually that, extended. This takes effect from day one, which means that you are in effect only getting 1 year of coverage beyond the original. Newegg, Walmart, BestBuy, have much better extended warranty coverage, that starts after the manufacturers warranty expires. Amazon, you are on the ball with so many things, but you need to find a different company to do business with when it comes to your extended warranty.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.