Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 9, 2013
You cannot complete a claim without obtaining a mailing label from the company, which they make very difficult.

I've filed claims under two protection plans. The first one, I had trouble obtaining the mailing label but when I finally sent the insured product in, the company was unable to fulfill the contract so they refunded my money and the price of the insured product. I considered it a fair deal, but on my second claim for another product I found the mailing label issue is systemic.

I've been waiting for a mailing label for over two weeks. I was told I would be sent a mailing label upon completing the claim, but it did not arrive. I repeatedly requested to resend the mailing label (by email option to a gmail account where I checked All Mail and Spam folders), but to no effect at all. I also contacted the company via the Contact Us form on their website several times over the last two weeks. I never received a response from them. I have received update notifications via email when I change something on my profile, so I know I am receiving email from the company -- just not when it moves my claim forward.

When I called the company and talked to a person, I was unable to obtain a mailing label on the phone. They seemed to be aware that the website does not produce mailing labels despite the feature being presented. Their representative said something to the effect that they prefer people to call in. Another representative indicated that their website form is not working. But they did not offer to fix it, and although they promised to send a label, they were unable to send one while I was on the phone.

I have still not received a mailing label, which means I cannot actually complete the claim for my insured product.
11 comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2014
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy for my grandson and thought I would cover my purchase with a 4+ star protection plan. It wasn't until after I received the plan by e-mail....10 days after my purchase...(which by the way started on the day I placed the order, not the day I received either the Galaxy or the plan...So, I have already lost days on the plan. The registration was not so easy...and very much time consuming. First, the plan came in my husband's name, not mine. I don't even know where they found his name because he wasn't any part of this purchase. It's not that I mind the plan being in his name, it's just that since the plan holder is say "John," they are going to want to speak to "John" and not his wife, say "Joan." My husband hates dealing with these kinds of things, so that is going to cause a problem if we should need to make a claim.
While registering the plan, you are finally allowed to see the terms and privacy statements. Had I been able to read these exclusions to their "Protection" plan, I would NEVER had spent the $66.78 for the one year of "protection." Right, their 2 year plan won't be activated until Samsung's one year warranty has expired.

Canopy Protection Plan - Privacy and Terms
A. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTIES REGARDING THE SITE, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.

WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT
(A) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
(B) THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, TIMELY, CURRENT, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE;
(C) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE AS REPRESENTED OR MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR
(D) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO SUPPORT OR MAINTAIN THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER THE SITE AT ALL, IN THE ABSENCE OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS.
B. IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OF THE SITE TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTY, YOU MAY NOTIFY US AND WE WILL, AS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, USE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO SATISFY THE WARRANTY. WE WILL HAVE NO OTHER WARRANTY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, AND ANY OTHER CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY FAILURE TO CONFORM TO ANY WARRANTY WILL BE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.

Canopy doesn't even warranty that they will keep their site up and running...that it will meet your needs and/or expectations. It's not written here, but they even state that if they decide to replace my Samsung with another tablet of their choosing, they have met their obligation.

Is this even legal? I know for me,it was a shocking disclaimer of any obligation on the part of Canopy and reflects poorly on its 4 star rating.
22 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 19, 2013
I recently sent my Ipad in for repairs after accidentally dropping it onto my garage floor. Along with the fact that the ipad no longer working properly, it sustained a dent in the corner of the pad, which broke the case it was in, as well as six-seven small noticeable scratches on its face of the pad. I went through your claims process and everyone associated with the claim were great. It just so happened that I got a call from your company looking for survey information at the time i got the ipad back. When I opened it I was little more than a little troubled at first because, the corner was still damaged and the scratches were still on the face, and I relayed that to the person on the phone who said that he would pass that information on and have someone call me from the ambassadors department. The concern I expressed was that I sent my wrecked FERRARI in for repairs and you fixed the engine, but you left the body and the windshield untouched. Now I believe that most people who are paying for your three year drops and spills protection would have thought because the pad was sent in, and was in your possession, that all aspects of the damage would be repaired. Today I did have a young man by the name of Casey from the ambassadors return my call and as nice, and as skillfully as he was trained, he went on to say that they are many exclusions that are not listed on the Canopy plan, but that cosmetic things are not covered. He then went on to say "please feel free to have someone else repair it locally. "WELL".. thanks a lot Casey! thank you for giving me your permission to have someone else fix my ipad, especially when I thought I was paying to have you and canopy do that for me. I told him " so what you are encouraging people to do is to slam their electronics on the ground, and make sure it destroyed before you send it in to make sure all is repaired. Well of course he denied he was saying that, but that is essentially what is being encouraged if canopy is not going to finish the job. Canopy has gone out of its way to make that little unknown fact well hidden..... the fact that they consider anything outside of the internal workings to be cosmetic damage. It is quite possible that you will get your valuable electronics back looking like heck on the outside but working fine on the inside.... Good luck with that! all parts of the canopy protection is not bad, this is something that I think we need to know when they chose to use language like they repair damage, defects, cracks, drops, etc...
1010 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2015
This is the first time I have ever bought a protection plan, and I really didn't anticipate needing it, but it turns out I do. My 12 year old daughter dropped her 16 month old iPad mini and really cracked it badly. Now I can't get a response despite repeated attempts regarding the process and service. She's heartbroken, and I think I learned my lesson about buying protection plans.
on October 16, 2015
Bought an IPad on Amazon. Purchased Canopy accident protection with it. Accident later occured & claim was made. Claim was paid with Amazon Gift Card (to be used for replacement IPad). Purchased replacement IPad on Amazon and submitted Amazon Gift Card code. Transaction went through, but the Amazon Gift Card credit did not go through. So, my credit card was charged the FULL amount of the replacement IPad. Called Amazon - they said the redemption code on the Amazon Gift Card was invalid (like I didn't already know that). "The problem is with the 2nd party". But the problem involves an Amazon Gift Card and YOU are Amazon, I replied. "The problem is with the 2nd party." OK - I got it - Amazon was unwilling to step in.
Called Canopy. Canopy had no explanation why the Gift Card code was not honored, but offered to send a replacement Amazon Gift Card. Great, BUT the complete charge (for replacement IPad) is billed against my credit card. Had to call back to Amazon, re-explain the entire scenario & plead to have the replacement Gift Card credited to the replacement IPad transaction... which Amazon finally did do.
Most people would have given up & simply used the Gift Card for something else, which would have drive incremental sales Amazon's way... seems quite convenient. I wonder how many times this same issue occurs with the Canopy claim process? Hmmm... could this be a little slippery?
Bottom line - I had an issue with the Canopy claim & had to spend a great deal of time in order to sort it out - 4 calls (2 to Amazon & 2 to Canopy) & a ton of determined explaining. At the end of the day, the issues has been resolved; however, I had to do all the heavy lifting and it was a painful exercise. So much for quality customer service. Not happy with Canopy or Amazon on this one. I cannot recommend this product.
on February 21, 2015
First time needing to use this ... tried social media registration ... didnt work ... tried normal registration ... fails to find my order ... now to try over the phone.

I changed to 3 stars because even though the website didn't work the phone support was very good and done by a courteous nice person.
on June 16, 2016
I would give 0 stars if possible because I can't seem to get SHIPPING Labels to get my tablet sent in for repair! You see so many 3 to 5 star reviews but once you read them you see that they aren't for the insurance USE, they are for 'Yes, we need insurance on electronics purchases'! I haven't dropped the tablet or cracked a screen, the problem is the updates have caused some serious lag, a buzzing noise with a total stop, then start, bleeding around the edges. So, I started calling Canopy on Monday but was told they have to send the request for labels to ANOTHER customer service, then it is 2 business days to get an email with the labels. Two days go by, I got an email with NO LABELS. I called again to get labels emailed. Again, they tell me I have to wait 2 days for the 'other' customer service to send another email with the labels! After still another wait it is now FRIDAY and I get the email with a tracking number but again - NO Labels attached! I again called and told them all I am missing are labels. BUT! ONCE AGAIN I'm told the 'other' customer service has to send them and it could be 2 MORE DAYS. So, I'm a week into simply getting labels and I'm totally frustrated and it makes me wonder if a) I've wasted $74.99 on insurance because I can't get LABELS to get the tablet TO them or b) if they aren't capable to so much as get an EMAIL WITH LABELS SENT - are they capable of doing repairs correctly? They state that they repair within 3 days if they don't need to order parts and if they can't fix it they will reimburse the $469 that I paid for the tablet. I will update the status after I get the tablet back from them. However, for now, I would suggest that if you were thinking about buying the insurance I WOULDN'T do it from Canopy or Asurion. Amazon has been good for low prices, but I will NEVER give Canopy (now changed to Asurion) another penny of my money. So far, they've lost my trust.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 7, 2017
Don't understand why people are writing a review (much less giving it 5 stars) when they have never used the product.
My tablet simply died. Would not turn or take a charge. Had problems filing the claim online but was finally able to get that resolved and got a mailing label. Over 3 weeks later I get my tablet back (Have no clue what was done to fix it) and seemed ok for about a week. Tablet would just stop and reboot itself and even stop the reboot to do another reboot. Now of course the tablet Is out of warranty so they won't touch it.
So in reality I paid for a 2 year plan that is worthless.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2015
I have this coverage for all three of our family cellphones, and it comes in extremely handy. The three times we've used it over the past several years, the company has been professional and timely in their response. I got it to cover my new iPad mini.
on November 19, 2015
Never purchase a canopy warranty. My tablet kept shutting off and restarting on its own. Their only advice was to do a factory reset. I paid 80$ for a factory reset? They do not replace your damaged item. Only offer to "fix". And then it takes up to 3 weeks to repair. And it does not cover cosmetic damage, so whats the purpose of buying a drop or spill warranty? I recommend using Square trade if available. Their customer service is wonderful and very easy to deal with. Very disappointing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.