Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 3, 2012
When I bought my Canon Rebel T3i through Amazon in April, this warranty was recommended. I have owned a couple of pricey DSLR cameras, and I've never had to get one repaired but something told me to sign up for this. The previous reviewer is correct: when you purchase this warranty, the nice folks at Canopy Protection in Quebec send e-mail and also call to make sure you're all set up or if you have any questions. That level of customer service at the point of purchase is really nice, let alone if you have to use the warranty.

Little did I know just 3 months after buying my camera, I would need this. The camera came with a gadget bag that had a faulty latch. When I was out with the camera, I put it back in the bag after taking some photos, the latch didn't stick, and my new camera came tumbling out! When I picked it up to check everything, the LCD monitor on the back was no longer working. I called Canopy the next day and they could not have been nicer. I told them what happened and the nice customer service rep said, "Of course that is covered, let me tell you what to expect next." She walked me through the entire process, which basically amounts to Canopy e-mailing an expense-paid shipping label so the camera can be sent to a repair facility. When the label came, I packed everything up safely and dropped it off at my local UPS.

Once the camera was in the mail, I got periodic e-mails from Canopy telling me the camera had been received, it was being repaired, it was on its way back to me, etc. I was also able to use an order number and check the status on line. Before I knew it, my camera had been delivered back to my front door. (In the meantime, I had also ordered a new camera bag from Amazon, one that zips up tight to protect my camera.)

My camera works perfectly again, and I also got a very nice follow up call from the folks at Canopy, checking to make sure my camera was working and I was satisfied. Again, I never thought I'd really need repairs for my camera - especially so soon after I bought it - but I am so glad that I made the investment with Canopy. The process could not have been easier and they are the best company to work with.
on November 16, 2014
I bought this plan for use with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16.1 MP and I HIGHLY recommend this plan.

Two months after purchasing my camera and several amazing adventures later (snorkeling with turtles and sting rays, visiting cenotes, visiting multiple countries, etc) my friend accidentally cracked my camera's LCD screen. The underwater camera started getting foggy and there were image quality issues (appears the water was getting in).

I called Canopy and explained about my APP (accidental damage protection plan) and they actually submitted my request for a new camera over the phone (and explained how I could do it online/ check on it). A box came for my camera within 3 days. I sent the camera in the box and they refunded me the entire camera amount!

The service was prompt, there were no hesitations or questions. I would (and am) definitely using this company again for insurance (I purchased the same camera again and got the same plan).

Please note: The Accidental Protection Plan does covers a set amount. Once the camera is damaged and this amount is refunded to you, the plan is considered fulfilled. If you want coverage for another camera (even if it's the same one) you will need to buy a NEW plan. Even if your plan is for 3 years (like mine), once the coverage amount is paid out (in my case, two months after purchase), the plan term is considered "fulfilled" and the amount of years no longer matter. In that case, I cannot claim the insurance again.
on October 14, 2015
The combination of Amazon marketplace and Canopy Protection Plans from Asurion is awesome. I took this for my Nikon camera lens and desktop not knowing how useful it would be. The Canopy insurance documents arrived with a few days via email.
A few months after the purchase, the camera lens took an accidental fall and broke. Canopy has 24hour convenient customer support, and they guided us through a super quick product return and claim. The piece of mind you get from knowing you are covered (and that it actually works) is awesome. Thank you. Will take this everytime now for my digital purchases!
on November 19, 2015
Sorry for the 2 stars review. Wished that I would have known that their warranty only covers personal items and not for business use. Price is reasonable though.
on June 16, 2016
We bought a canon camera 2 1/2 years ago and bought this warranty. After awhile, the telephoto lens started sticking and wasn't operating smoothly so videos were choppy and you could hear the zoom. So we contacted the warranty company Asurion (previously Canopy) and they immediately emailed a prepaid UPS label. We sent it in and 5 days later we got a Amazon gift card for the full purchase amount, maybe even $10 more! I was thrilled because newer cameras are already better and cheaper.
on September 30, 2015
My camera that I protected with this camera got dropped and the screen cracked. I made one quick call to Canopy, and they were amazing! They emailed me a shipping label. I put the camera in its original box and took it to the UPS store. Canopy sent me an e-giftcard to purchase a new one. It was the easiest warranty redemption I have ever had. The associate on the phone was very professional, and very good with handling my issue.
on May 14, 2017
good
on April 10, 2017
nice to have
on May 23, 2016
HAVEN'T HAD TO USE IT. WILL UPDATE IF I DO AND MY OPINION CHANGES.
on March 11, 2017
I bought my grandson a lot of ghost busting equipment and I just found out he's too scared to use it. Perhaps when he gets older.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.