Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asurion 3-Year Camera Accidental Protection Plan ($150-$175)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 150-$175|Change
Price:$7.99 - $99.99

on September 3, 2012
When I bought my Canon Rebel T3i through Amazon in April, this warranty was recommended. I have owned a couple of pricey DSLR cameras, and I've never had to get one repaired but something told me to sign up for this. The previous reviewer is correct: when you purchase this warranty, the nice folks at Canopy Protection in Quebec send e-mail and also call to make sure you're all set up or if you have any questions. That level of customer service at the point of purchase is really nice, let alone if you have to use the warranty.

Little did I know just 3 months after buying my camera, I would need this. The camera came with a gadget bag that had a faulty latch. When I was out with the camera, I put it back in the bag after taking some photos, the latch didn't stick, and my new camera came tumbling out! When I picked it up to check everything, the LCD monitor on the back was no longer working. I called Canopy the next day and they could not have been nicer. I told them what happened and the nice customer service rep said, "Of course that is covered, let me tell you what to expect next." She walked me through the entire process, which basically amounts to Canopy e-mailing an expense-paid shipping label so the camera can be sent to a repair facility. When the label came, I packed everything up safely and dropped it off at my local UPS.

Once the camera was in the mail, I got periodic e-mails from Canopy telling me the camera had been received, it was being repaired, it was on its way back to me, etc. I was also able to use an order number and check the status on line. Before I knew it, my camera had been delivered back to my front door. (In the meantime, I had also ordered a new camera bag from Amazon, one that zips up tight to protect my camera.)

My camera works perfectly again, and I also got a very nice follow up call from the folks at Canopy, checking to make sure my camera was working and I was satisfied. Again, I never thought I'd really need repairs for my camera - especially so soon after I bought it - but I am so glad that I made the investment with Canopy. The process could not have been easier and they are the best company to work with.
on November 16, 2014
I bought this plan for use with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16.1 MP and I HIGHLY recommend this plan.

Two months after purchasing my camera and several amazing adventures later (snorkeling with turtles and sting rays, visiting cenotes, visiting multiple countries, etc) my friend accidentally cracked my camera's LCD screen. The underwater camera started getting foggy and there were image quality issues (appears the water was getting in).

I called Canopy and explained about my APP (accidental damage protection plan) and they actually submitted my request for a new camera over the phone (and explained how I could do it online/ check on it). A box came for my camera within 3 days. I sent the camera in the box and they refunded me the entire camera amount!

The service was prompt, there were no hesitations or questions. I would (and am) definitely using this company again for insurance (I purchased the same camera again and got the same plan).

Please note: The Accidental Protection Plan does covers a set amount. Once the camera is damaged and this amount is refunded to you, the plan is considered fulfilled. If you want coverage for another camera (even if it's the same one) you will need to buy a NEW plan. Even if your plan is for 3 years (like mine), once the coverage amount is paid out (in my case, two months after purchase), the plan term is considered "fulfilled" and the amount of years no longer matter. In that case, I cannot claim the insurance again.
on October 14, 2012
Haven't had to use this yet, but, I had a pricey accident with a lens recently, so, I decided to get Canopy protection on an Olympus OM-D.

Had followup email from Canopy, and a followup phone call to make sure I received the registration email. Well, I hadn't, so the followup was awesome. Without the followup, I would have to dig into what to do.

This kind of customer followup is fantastic for a pure service item. Thanks, Canopy!
on October 14, 2015
The combination of Amazon marketplace and Canopy Protection Plans from Asurion is awesome. I took this for my Nikon camera lens and desktop not knowing how useful it would be. The Canopy insurance documents arrived with a few days via email.
A few months after the purchase, the camera lens took an accidental fall and broke. Canopy has 24hour convenient customer support, and they guided us through a super quick product return and claim. The piece of mind you get from knowing you are covered (and that it actually works) is awesome. Thank you. Will take this everytime now for my digital purchases!
on August 7, 2016
This "insurance" is difficult to register. Asurion (who changed names on me before I had even completed the registration for the lens I bought) has a poorly designed web site. It indicated that I had a "product unknown" already registered, and when I added the lens fro which the insurance applies it does not indicate any new product. The insurance is actually very expensive and not worthy of Amazon.

UPDATE: Immediately after this review was posted I received an email from Asurion inviting me to call their phone center. I did so and received outstanding, courteous assistance, during which time my lens was properly registered.

LESSON FOR ECOMMERCE RETAILERS: A badly functioning or designed web site only increases your costs because a customer then has to go through the phone center. Outstanding phone reps are let down by poor web site support.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I think this plan might be worth its weight in cameras if I ever need it. I do hope that I never have a use for it but I will know it is there if needed. I just plan to use the GoPro to enjoy myself. I haven't had a need to use it so I can't give it a 5 yet.
on January 24, 2016
Very good plan, and worth the extra cost if you're accident prone. We previously bought a plan and had to use it; it was a very quick and simple process to get credited. Once we bought a new camera we bought a new plan to cover that one as well.
on September 30, 2015
My camera that I protected with this camera got dropped and the screen cracked. I made one quick call to Canopy, and they were amazing! They emailed me a shipping label. I put the camera in its original box and took it to the UPS store. Canopy sent me an e-giftcard to purchase a new one. It was the easiest warranty redemption I have ever had. The associate on the phone was very professional, and very good with handling my issue.
on November 14, 2015
I have had occasion to use Canopy twice. Both times I have had no problem at all getting my refund in a very short time. I feel anyone who buys a product of medium to high cost should buy Canopy. There is no better way to spend your money.
on May 17, 2015
This seemed the best value for my new Lumix. I've had bad experience with cam warranties in the past as it seems companies mostly want to not pay or replace....but we'll see. I had some problems registering online, so called them to register. The operator was reluctant to do so on the phone and wanted to direct me back online, but started into a long discussion of website workarounds. When I pushed, he registered me, not too pleasantly.....is this a forboding of how they deal with people? I hope not.

My last cam was damaged badly (wasn't this warranty company or Square trade), but they said it was "too" damaged to consider (it fell off the car).

Buyer be ware!