Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $1250-$1500|Change

Showing 1-10 of 158 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 172 reviews
on October 16, 2015
I'm having a hard time on this review because it really is a mixed bag.

The Good: Customer service.The CSR that took my claim handled it a fast professional manor. I mean it was late in the evening and I was done registering and submitting the claim in about 6 minutes. The box arrived 2 days later complete with tracking information and enough padding to protect it from even UPS' shenanigans. Also the delay from being told we'd be receiving a refund and actually getting it was about 24 hours.

The Bad: It took almost a month after receiving the item before it was decided that the laptop could not be repaired. A month with your computer is a far cry from the 3 day listed, but if you read the terms... they are within their agreement to do so. I repair computers as part of my job, and I'm not sure why it took so long for their technicians to decide they couldn't fix it.

The Ugly: The refund was for the laptop, but there was no apparent refund for the unused portion (33 months or so) of the protection plan and there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer it to the replacement laptop.

Conclusion: I'm glad I paid for the protection plan, but I'm not entirely satisfied in the execution of the plan. It took far longer than it should have to diagnose, and my opinion is that since the new laptop would be a direct 1:1 replacement (same model etc) that the remaining months of coverage should apply to this one just as if it had been repaired.
on July 10, 2015
They promise that they will fix your laptop within 10 days. They had my laptop for 41 days now and every time I call for status they tell me that they had to order new parts. They have ordered parts 4 times so far and what is crazy is the laptop only had cosmetic damage and all they had to replace is some covers and trims....

The people that answer the phone do not have any update information from the service center that they work with and they cant call them. Updates has to be done via email and it takes 48 hours and most of the time they dont call back.

Dont get it. It is not worth the frustration and phone calls. I really hope amazon will dump them and find someone better
on December 8, 2015
If you buy a protection plan, go with Square Trade. We've had quite a few repairs completed by Square Trade. When I finally needed one from Canopy they won't cover it. Yes, it was willful destruction. The keys were removed from the laptop by my 3 year old. The kids are the REASON we have the accidental damage protection. Maybe it's stretching the terms of the agreement, but it sure was not my intention for the 3 year old to do this. Never Canopy/Asurion again for me.
on November 17, 2014
I purchased this plan along with an HP laptop for my brilliant yet klutzy 8yo, and it was by far one of the best investments I have ever made. I normally don't purchase protection plans as the majority of the time they are not worth what you pay for (Consumer Reports will even tell you this.) However, I had a hunch that this might be a good investment considering his tract record (he inherited his clumsiness from mommy :) ).

I purchased the laptop in May, and in early November, he fell asleep with the laptop beside him on the bed, and woke up to a cracked screen with total distortion, NOTHING was readable. Remembering that I had purchased the plan, I looked up the email that was sent to me (save your email, they don't send paper) and called the 800 number. The representative was very professional and easy to understand, and answered all my questions. He even advised me to hook up the laptop to a TV with an HDMI so I could see the screen and backup the harddrive, in case they had to do work on the harddrive. I backed it up on the cloud with my Norton Security and also to a thumbdrive (which anyone who has ever had computer repair work done knows to do).

I was sent a sturdy box with a prepaid UPS label. The box was very secure and you could adjust the padding to perfectly fit your laptop (which I thought was pretty cool). I then dropped it off at the nearest UPS store. Six days later, six ACTUAL days, not business days, the computer was delivered to my doorstep in perfect condition. It was an unbelievably EASY process, compared to dealing with other companies, such as AT&T, GEICO, the IRS, etc....

I would recommend this product to anyone who purchases a laptop with a value more than they can afford to replace. I wish I had done it for mine that I bought back in 2010 and now has missing keys and damaged sound. You never know what can happen when you have a laptop....coffee spills, dog jumps on it, drop it on the way to the car (all of these things have happened to me and by the grace of God I haven't done excessive damage to mine).

SO to summarize, YES I HIGHLY recommend this and I do NOT work for Asurion, lol !
on April 6, 2014
Saddened is an understatement, so is disappointed. Probably because of the low quality of the laptop but also th lack of vigilance and excellence of their repair service. Purchased the laptop, dropped it, sound not coming out of speakers but only out of earphones. They fixed it. The sound is coming out of the speakers but not out of the headphones. Sent it again, they fixed (replaced broken parts) it and now the battery is not charging - the battery was returned at 28%.Now it is dead.

If you are CONTEMPLATING on getting this insurance, stop thinking and get the manufacturer's accidental protection plan or bestbuy's. They rip you off but you get it back when you mess up your device. I deeply regret purchasing this product. They are legit but they are not one of the best.
on March 29, 2017
The most disgusting excuse for a service plan I have ever come across. Sent in computer and it took 4 weeks to get an update on what was happening, and that was after I called them 3 times - only to be told it was rejected for service. Now they won't respond in regard to returning the computer to me, and it has been 3 more weeks and two phone calls later. Still nothing... no broken or fixed computer in my hands - after 2 months! It appears that this is a subsidiary of Amazon, and like we have noticed with the way they are moving most their business, they are forgetting that it is the customer that is important.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2017
what is the purpose of having a warranty when it's not honored the laptop got damaged from the fair wear and tear of opening and closing the laptop. The computer has been returned over a month ago. I am still out of a computer. What happen to honoring the protection plan. Poor costumer service this is a rip-off
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2013
Sent my laptop in for keyboard replacement and they replaced the hard drive and monitor also. When they replaced the hard drive they deleted the original factory restore and loaded a generic windows OS. This OS didn't have all the functionality that the factory one had and going to the factory website wouldn't allow me to download the drivers I needed. Reply was that the software could only be installed on an Asus computer. The software they installed obviously wasn't set for an Asus. Now I have to reinstall the Product key for Windows every time I update the computer and will need to spend extra money to get the factory install disks from Asus. Other people may have better experiences with this product but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
1111 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2015
since I got this I never had to contact these people until now. I knew squaretrade is good when it comes to extended warranty. But when I bought the laptop I didn't had a option. I had to buy canopy. so for all of you who is planning on adding an extended warranty choose SQUARTRADE over canopy. They are the best.
on November 19, 2012
I purchased the protection plan for my daughters new macbook pro laptop. When ordering her laptop on-line it did not state the accidental protection plan would not apply to her new laptop. The amazon.com allowed us to order it, which it should not have. We have spoken with the company it was purchased from as my daughter was having issues with her laptop, they stated they would try to work with us, as best as possible. It was just very disapointing to find out this should have never happened from the beginning. It is now too late to purchased the correct protection plan.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.