Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on October 16, 2015
I'm having a hard time on this review because it really is a mixed bag.

The Good: Customer service.The CSR that took my claim handled it a fast professional manor. I mean it was late in the evening and I was done registering and submitting the claim in about 6 minutes. The box arrived 2 days later complete with tracking information and enough padding to protect it from even UPS' shenanigans. Also the delay from being told we'd be receiving a refund and actually getting it was about 24 hours.

The Bad: It took almost a month after receiving the item before it was decided that the laptop could not be repaired. A month with your computer is a far cry from the 3 day listed, but if you read the terms... they are within their agreement to do so. I repair computers as part of my job, and I'm not sure why it took so long for their technicians to decide they couldn't fix it.

The Ugly: The refund was for the laptop, but there was no apparent refund for the unused portion (33 months or so) of the protection plan and there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer it to the replacement laptop.

Conclusion: I'm glad I paid for the protection plan, but I'm not entirely satisfied in the execution of the plan. It took far longer than it should have to diagnose, and my opinion is that since the new laptop would be a direct 1:1 replacement (same model etc) that the remaining months of coverage should apply to this one just as if it had been repaired.
45 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 10, 2015
They promise that they will fix your laptop within 10 days. They had my laptop for 41 days now and every time I call for status they tell me that they had to order new parts. They have ordered parts 4 times so far and what is crazy is the laptop only had cosmetic damage and all they had to replace is some covers and trims....

The people that answer the phone do not have any update information from the service center that they work with and they cant call them. Updates has to be done via email and it takes 48 hours and most of the time they dont call back.

Dont get it. It is not worth the frustration and phone calls. I really hope amazon will dump them and find someone better
14 people found this helpful
on November 16, 2016
I am completely dissatisfied with this service and their customer service representatives are completely unprofessional. I made a claim on my laptop because after one year of normal use it stopped turning on. I call Asurion. Despite the "5 day service guarantee" listed on their Amazon description, apparently that means 5 business days for shipping, each way, plus 3 business days for repair or evaluation at their facility. That's now three weeks without my laptop. As a graduate student, I cannot be without my computer that long, but I agree because what choice do I have? So I send it off to them. I was supposed to get an email notification when it arrived at their facility. I did not. I log in to the claims hub website and they have updated the description to read "do not continue/won't boot/done with troublshooting." Great! Maybe they made some progress. So I call trying to get an estimate of when I'm going to receive either a new computer, a repaired computer or a refund for my purchase. This customer service rep tells me that they have TEN business days to work on my laptop before providing me that answer. So the first rep told me 3 days, the second told me 10, and Amazon lists it as a 5 day repair guarantee. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep puts me on hold for 20 minutes, then she comes back on the line and tells me that her supervisor is unavailable and that she put a note on my account for her supervisor to contact me, and that I should be hearing back from her supervisor withing ONE TO TWO BUSINESS DAYS. They can't even answer my questions in a reasonable time frame! I have no recourse of course because they currently have my laptop! So my computer died 6 weeks before finals and I have to wonder if they'll even have an answer for me before my exams start in a month. This is ridiculous. DO NOT buy this product. Find another insurance plan.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 2, 2015
Purchased as insurance for an Acer laptop on Amazon for my college bound son. 12 months in, hard drive crashes, laptop no longer working. Contact Canopy, get box sent return the laptop and away we go. Unfortunately, the "service" is now three weeks into the repair and when I call to get clarification on the status of the repair I don't get any update. When I ask to escalate the issue, I'm told that I'll receive a f/u call from a supervisor within 2 business days. The review takes 2-3 business days, the repair 3-5 business days, the ordering of parts who knows, cue the Jeopardy theme music as time marches by.
Bottom line, the $100 insurance plan isn't worth it if it takes a freaking month to replace a hard drive. That's like waiting 4 hours for a slice of pizza, call me very unsatisfied and an unhappy client.
10 people found this helpful
on September 28, 2017
Pretty poor reliability from a Dell. For reference, I have 2 Dells in my office, and 1 Lenovo. Both the Dell desktops and the Lenovo desktop are ultra reliable, and have given be no errors, with simple updates and maintenance, in the last 4 years. This laptop, however, incurred the interminable hard drive boot error within 8 weeks.

Didn't have the time nor the patience to deal with the Asurion warranty, initially. Finally got around to sending it in. Asurion sent it back, many, many, many weeks later. Plug it in, and the hard drive boot error appears.

I have given up at this point. I admit defeat. Amazon has sold a defective product, from Dell who sourced the cheapest laptop hard drive on the market when building this bottom of the barrel pile of filth.

Time goes by, and I try again. Asurion tells me because it has been 60 days since I received the laptop that they would not warranty their work. So, I had a laptop that worked for weeks...........

More interesting, I just saw them state repairs are good for 3 months, in response to another customer. Are the response teams that mentally deficient?
3 people found this helpful
on January 19, 2018
This company is secretly ripping us all off! Bought laptop for $719, paid for Asurion 3 year ADH warranty for $158. Sent in laptop for specific software issue. Diagnostics were done with a phone rep who could tell that it was a software issue(screen was perfect). I got it back in a few days and all they did was replace the screen. That used up $346 of my warranty that is only worth $719 (actually only worth $561 but that is too confusing to explain). You will need to ask a call rep how much the repair has cost you. Anyway, charging us $346 for a screen replacement is over twice what it actual costs, and was unnecessary! I could have had the entire laptop restored to a near new condition for that much! I called in and complained and they opened up a new Service Request. I explained to the rep that it had cost me $346 to repair something that wasn't broken. She gave me the response that the repairs were free. Um, there is no service charge but it ultimately cost me $346 out of $719.WHAT A SCAM!!!!! I'm still working my way through call reps and supervisors to get a credit for the $346. There are obviously some repairs that we can get done way cheaper than what they are taking from us so consider that when putting in a claim. They are misleading their customers and making millions off of it. I will never again buy an Asurion warrantee. I will research the cost and value of a manufacturer warranty or one from Square Trade. BEWARE!!!!
One person found this helpful
on May 23, 2015
I just had a completed claim with this company. They do what they say, but it was kind of stressful, and they seem to like customers who are wishy-washy. If you need to file a claim don’t wait on them. Call them after 3 days (use tracking, they say they need 3 days to determine what the issue is). Once you call after 3 days then follow up according to what they tell you. If you hold this company to their promises and claims then you’ll be happy. If you sit back and give them a lot of freedom they seem like they’ll take it and delay and possible repairs…
10 people found this helpful
on March 29, 2017
The most disgusting excuse for a service plan I have ever come across. Sent in computer and it took 4 weeks to get an update on what was happening, and that was after I called them 3 times - only to be told it was rejected for service. Now they won't respond in regard to returning the computer to me, and it has been 3 more weeks and two phone calls later. Still nothing... no broken or fixed computer in my hands - after 2 months! It appears that this is a subsidiary of Amazon, and like we have noticed with the way they are moving most their business, they are forgetting that it is the customer that is important.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 8, 2015
My laptop was returned from repair, but the installed Windows8 was not installed as it originally was installed. Canopy installed it on the 24GB SSD drive, not on the 500 GB HDD.
The laptop has a RAID system that uses the SSD for HDD caching. That Feature was disabled.

Also Canopy didn't install the recovery partition that reinstalls windows by the press of just one button.

When the laptop came back there were round markings from some really tough glue, propably epoxy on the outside and the keyboard backlight doesn't work anymore.

Not a very promising first experience with this service.
12 people found this helpful
on April 6, 2014
Saddened is an understatement, so is disappointed. Probably because of the low quality of the laptop but also th lack of vigilance and excellence of their repair service. Purchased the laptop, dropped it, sound not coming out of speakers but only out of earphones. They fixed it. The sound is coming out of the speakers but not out of the headphones. Sent it again, they fixed (replaced broken parts) it and now the battery is not charging - the battery was returned at 28%.Now it is dead.

If you are CONTEMPLATING on getting this insurance, stop thinking and get the manufacturer's accidental protection plan or bestbuy's. They rip you off but you get it back when you mess up your device. I deeply regret purchasing this product. They are legit but they are not one of the best.
31 people found this helpful