Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 163 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 177 reviews
on October 16, 2015
I'm having a hard time on this review because it really is a mixed bag.

The Good: Customer service.The CSR that took my claim handled it a fast professional manor. I mean it was late in the evening and I was done registering and submitting the claim in about 6 minutes. The box arrived 2 days later complete with tracking information and enough padding to protect it from even UPS' shenanigans. Also the delay from being told we'd be receiving a refund and actually getting it was about 24 hours.

The Bad: It took almost a month after receiving the item before it was decided that the laptop could not be repaired. A month with your computer is a far cry from the 3 day listed, but if you read the terms... they are within their agreement to do so. I repair computers as part of my job, and I'm not sure why it took so long for their technicians to decide they couldn't fix it.

The Ugly: The refund was for the laptop, but there was no apparent refund for the unused portion (33 months or so) of the protection plan and there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer it to the replacement laptop.

Conclusion: I'm glad I paid for the protection plan, but I'm not entirely satisfied in the execution of the plan. It took far longer than it should have to diagnose, and my opinion is that since the new laptop would be a direct 1:1 replacement (same model etc) that the remaining months of coverage should apply to this one just as if it had been repaired.
on July 10, 2015
They promise that they will fix your laptop within 10 days. They had my laptop for 41 days now and every time I call for status they tell me that they had to order new parts. They have ordered parts 4 times so far and what is crazy is the laptop only had cosmetic damage and all they had to replace is some covers and trims....

The people that answer the phone do not have any update information from the service center that they work with and they cant call them. Updates has to be done via email and it takes 48 hours and most of the time they dont call back.

Dont get it. It is not worth the frustration and phone calls. I really hope amazon will dump them and find someone better
on December 8, 2015
If you buy a protection plan, go with Square Trade. We've had quite a few repairs completed by Square Trade. When I finally needed one from Canopy they won't cover it. Yes, it was willful destruction. The keys were removed from the laptop by my 3 year old. The kids are the REASON we have the accidental damage protection. Maybe it's stretching the terms of the agreement, but it sure was not my intention for the 3 year old to do this. Never Canopy/Asurion again for me.
on November 2, 2015
Purchased as insurance for an Acer laptop on Amazon for my college bound son. 12 months in, hard drive crashes, laptop no longer working. Contact Canopy, get box sent return the laptop and away we go. Unfortunately, the "service" is now three weeks into the repair and when I call to get clarification on the status of the repair I don't get any update. When I ask to escalate the issue, I'm told that I'll receive a f/u call from a supervisor within 2 business days. The review takes 2-3 business days, the repair 3-5 business days, the ordering of parts who knows, cue the Jeopardy theme music as time marches by.
Bottom line, the $100 insurance plan isn't worth it if it takes a freaking month to replace a hard drive. That's like waiting 4 hours for a slice of pizza, call me very unsatisfied and an unhappy client.
on November 16, 2016
I am completely dissatisfied with this service and their customer service representatives are completely unprofessional. I made a claim on my laptop because after one year of normal use it stopped turning on. I call Asurion. Despite the "5 day service guarantee" listed on their Amazon description, apparently that means 5 business days for shipping, each way, plus 3 business days for repair or evaluation at their facility. That's now three weeks without my laptop. As a graduate student, I cannot be without my computer that long, but I agree because what choice do I have? So I send it off to them. I was supposed to get an email notification when it arrived at their facility. I did not. I log in to the claims hub website and they have updated the description to read "do not continue/won't boot/done with troublshooting." Great! Maybe they made some progress. So I call trying to get an estimate of when I'm going to receive either a new computer, a repaired computer or a refund for my purchase. This customer service rep tells me that they have TEN business days to work on my laptop before providing me that answer. So the first rep told me 3 days, the second told me 10, and Amazon lists it as a 5 day repair guarantee. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep puts me on hold for 20 minutes, then she comes back on the line and tells me that her supervisor is unavailable and that she put a note on my account for her supervisor to contact me, and that I should be hearing back from her supervisor withing ONE TO TWO BUSINESS DAYS. They can't even answer my questions in a reasonable time frame! I have no recourse of course because they currently have my laptop! So my computer died 6 weeks before finals and I have to wonder if they'll even have an answer for me before my exams start in a month. This is ridiculous. DO NOT buy this product. Find another insurance plan.
on April 6, 2014
Saddened is an understatement, so is disappointed. Probably because of the low quality of the laptop but also th lack of vigilance and excellence of their repair service. Purchased the laptop, dropped it, sound not coming out of speakers but only out of earphones. They fixed it. The sound is coming out of the speakers but not out of the headphones. Sent it again, they fixed (replaced broken parts) it and now the battery is not charging - the battery was returned at 28%.Now it is dead.

If you are CONTEMPLATING on getting this insurance, stop thinking and get the manufacturer's accidental protection plan or bestbuy's. They rip you off but you get it back when you mess up your device. I deeply regret purchasing this product. They are legit but they are not one of the best.
on May 23, 2015
I just had a completed claim with this company. They do what they say, but it was kind of stressful, and they seem to like customers who are wishy-washy. If you need to file a claim don’t wait on them. Call them after 3 days (use tracking, they say they need 3 days to determine what the issue is). Once you call after 3 days then follow up according to what they tell you. If you hold this company to their promises and claims then you’ll be happy. If you sit back and give them a lot of freedom they seem like they’ll take it and delay and possible repairs…
on January 8, 2015
My laptop was returned from repair, but the installed Windows8 was not installed as it originally was installed. Canopy installed it on the 24GB SSD drive, not on the 500 GB HDD.
The laptop has a RAID system that uses the SSD for HDD caching. That Feature was disabled.

Also Canopy didn't install the recovery partition that reinstalls windows by the press of just one button.

When the laptop came back there were round markings from some really tough glue, propably epoxy on the outside and the keyboard backlight doesn't work anymore.

Not a very promising first experience with this service.
on June 21, 2016
After having and excellent experience with SquareTrade on my previous laptop, I figured that continuing to purchase protection plans was a good course of action with any new and valuable electronics. However, Asurion/Canopy does not live up to standards of my previous SquareTrade Protection plan. SquareTrade allowed me to work with a local technician, with whom I could communicate regularly and not have to wait on shipping.

On February 23rd I filed my first claim with them for a hard drive issue I was having with my Lenovo laptop, and waited for the shipping box. I sent it to their service center (with an extensive write up of the diagnostics I had done suggesting a boot sector issue), where they turned it around in 1 day. Fantastic! However, a couple days after receiving my laptop on March 5th I learned that they had simply reinstalled windows and the exact problems I had previously were unfixed. I contacted them on March 7th, but they failed to send me a new mailing label for a week and a half until I contacted them again on March 17th. I finally was able to get it back to their service center on March 24th, but due to needing parts they kept it for 2 weeks, and I did not receive it until April 11th. During that time I asked them to email me what work they were doing on the laptop for my own records but they did not comply (although they left me a vague voicemail regarding some of what they were doing). Since then I have had new issues with my video cards running hot and crashes with running demanding programs like games and benchmarks (crashes I had never encountered before they 'fixed' it), but not enough of an annoyance to deal with sending my laptop back in.

That is 48 days in which I was able to use my computer for 2 of them, and now my computer is having additional issues. They have not done anything to compensate me for the inconvenience they have caused and they made no efforts to speed the processing. Now, a bezel covering a heatsink broke and I am sending it to them to fix. I asked for overnight or 2-day shipping to help with the inconvenience of being without a computer, but they were unable to give me anything to speed things along. I just called to add an additional issue onto the online record of the service claim (the graphics card failures) but they were unable to add that on since the claim has already been made and the box shipped out. I asked to for a way to contact the actual service center, rather than just the customer service claim, but apparently that is "not their policy" and that I can add it to the paperwork I send in with the laptop.

If they read it and fix my issue, they have the opportunity to have me update this review to a more positive one. However, I will let you know if they let me down once again.

TL,DR: Poor communication, slow repair times and questionable workmanship
on August 7, 2016
This company will no longer recognize your account if you bought the warranty while it was still under the name Canopy. I purchased this warranty for my daughter's laptop on June 1st, 2015 when it was still operating under the name Canopy. A little over a year later, her laptop's USB ports suddenly stopped working, so I tried to log back into their website, now under the name Asurion, only to discover that they no longer recognize my account. This is pretty infuriating to me since I spent $262.61 on warranty that has proven to be useless.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.