Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on October 16, 2015
I'm having a hard time on this review because it really is a mixed bag.

The Good: Customer service.The CSR that took my claim handled it a fast professional manor. I mean it was late in the evening and I was done registering and submitting the claim in about 6 minutes. The box arrived 2 days later complete with tracking information and enough padding to protect it from even UPS' shenanigans. Also the delay from being told we'd be receiving a refund and actually getting it was about 24 hours.

The Bad: It took almost a month after receiving the item before it was decided that the laptop could not be repaired. A month with your computer is a far cry from the 3 day listed, but if you read the terms... they are within their agreement to do so. I repair computers as part of my job, and I'm not sure why it took so long for their technicians to decide they couldn't fix it.

The Ugly: The refund was for the laptop, but there was no apparent refund for the unused portion (33 months or so) of the protection plan and there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer it to the replacement laptop.

Conclusion: I'm glad I paid for the protection plan, but I'm not entirely satisfied in the execution of the plan. It took far longer than it should have to diagnose, and my opinion is that since the new laptop would be a direct 1:1 replacement (same model etc) that the remaining months of coverage should apply to this one just as if it had been repaired.
11 comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2016
I am completely dissatisfied with this service and their customer service representatives are completely unprofessional. I made a claim on my laptop because after one year of normal use it stopped turning on. I call Asurion. Despite the "5 day service guarantee" listed on their Amazon description, apparently that means 5 business days for shipping, each way, plus 3 business days for repair or evaluation at their facility. That's now three weeks without my laptop. As a graduate student, I cannot be without my computer that long, but I agree because what choice do I have? So I send it off to them. I was supposed to get an email notification when it arrived at their facility. I did not. I log in to the claims hub website and they have updated the description to read "do not continue/won't boot/done with troublshooting." Great! Maybe they made some progress. So I call trying to get an estimate of when I'm going to receive either a new computer, a repaired computer or a refund for my purchase. This customer service rep tells me that they have TEN business days to work on my laptop before providing me that answer. So the first rep told me 3 days, the second told me 10, and Amazon lists it as a 5 day repair guarantee. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep puts me on hold for 20 minutes, then she comes back on the line and tells me that her supervisor is unavailable and that she put a note on my account for her supervisor to contact me, and that I should be hearing back from her supervisor withing ONE TO TWO BUSINESS DAYS. They can't even answer my questions in a reasonable time frame! I have no recourse of course because they currently have my laptop! So my computer died 6 weeks before finals and I have to wonder if they'll even have an answer for me before my exams start in a month. This is ridiculous. DO NOT buy this product. Find another insurance plan.
on January 19, 2018
This company is secretly ripping us all off! Bought laptop for $719, paid for Asurion 3 year ADH warranty for $158. Sent in laptop for specific software issue. Diagnostics were done with a phone rep who could tell that it was a software issue(screen was perfect). I got it back in a few days and all they did was replace the screen. That used up $346 of my warranty that is only worth $719 (actually only worth $561 but that is too confusing to explain). You will need to ask a call rep how much the repair has cost you. Anyway, charging us $346 for a screen replacement is over twice what it actual costs, and was unnecessary! I could have had the entire laptop restored to a near new condition for that much! I called in and complained and they opened up a new Service Request. I explained to the rep that it had cost me $346 to repair something that wasn't broken. She gave me the response that the repairs were free. Um, there is no service charge but it ultimately cost me $346 out of $719.WHAT A SCAM!!!!! I'm still working my way through call reps and supervisors to get a credit for the $346. There are obviously some repairs that we can get done way cheaper than what they are taking from us so consider that when putting in a claim. They are misleading their customers and making millions off of it. I will never again buy an Asurion warrantee. I will research the cost and value of a manufacturer warranty or one from Square Trade. BEWARE!!!!
on January 8, 2015
My laptop was returned from repair, but the installed Windows8 was not installed as it originally was installed. Canopy installed it on the 24GB SSD drive, not on the 500 GB HDD.
The laptop has a RAID system that uses the SSD for HDD caching. That Feature was disabled.

Also Canopy didn't install the recovery partition that reinstalls windows by the press of just one button.

When the laptop came back there were round markings from some really tough glue, propably epoxy on the outside and the keyboard backlight doesn't work anymore.

Not a very promising first experience with this service.
on September 28, 2017
Pretty poor reliability from a Dell. For reference, I have 2 Dells in my office, and 1 Lenovo. Both the Dell desktops and the Lenovo desktop are ultra reliable, and have given be no errors, with simple updates and maintenance, in the last 4 years. This laptop, however, incurred the interminable hard drive boot error within 8 weeks.

Didn't have the time nor the patience to deal with the Asurion warranty, initially. Finally got around to sending it in. Asurion sent it back, many, many, many weeks later. Plug it in, and the hard drive boot error appears.

I have given up at this point. I admit defeat. Amazon has sold a defective product, from Dell who sourced the cheapest laptop hard drive on the market when building this bottom of the barrel pile of filth.

Time goes by, and I try again. Asurion tells me because it has been 60 days since I received the laptop that they would not warranty their work. So, I had a laptop that worked for weeks...........

More interesting, I just saw them state repairs are good for 3 months, in response to another customer. Are the response teams that mentally deficient?
on May 23, 2015
I just had a completed claim with this company. They do what they say, but it was kind of stressful, and they seem to like customers who are wishy-washy. If you need to file a claim don’t wait on them. Call them after 3 days (use tracking, they say they need 3 days to determine what the issue is). Once you call after 3 days then follow up according to what they tell you. If you hold this company to their promises and claims then you’ll be happy. If you sit back and give them a lot of freedom they seem like they’ll take it and delay and possible repairs…
on March 29, 2017
The most disgusting excuse for a service plan I have ever come across. Sent in computer and it took 4 weeks to get an update on what was happening, and that was after I called them 3 times - only to be told it was rejected for service. Now they won't respond in regard to returning the computer to me, and it has been 3 more weeks and two phone calls later. Still nothing... no broken or fixed computer in my hands - after 2 months! It appears that this is a subsidiary of Amazon, and like we have noticed with the way they are moving most their business, they are forgetting that it is the customer that is important.
on June 21, 2016
After having and excellent experience with SquareTrade on my previous laptop, I figured that continuing to purchase protection plans was a good course of action with any new and valuable electronics. However, Asurion/Canopy does not live up to standards of my previous SquareTrade Protection plan. SquareTrade allowed me to work with a local technician, with whom I could communicate regularly and not have to wait on shipping.

On February 23rd I filed my first claim with them for a hard drive issue I was having with my Lenovo laptop, and waited for the shipping box. I sent it to their service center (with an extensive write up of the diagnostics I had done suggesting a boot sector issue), where they turned it around in 1 day. Fantastic! However, a couple days after receiving my laptop on March 5th I learned that they had simply reinstalled windows and the exact problems I had previously were unfixed. I contacted them on March 7th, but they failed to send me a new mailing label for a week and a half until I contacted them again on March 17th. I finally was able to get it back to their service center on March 24th, but due to needing parts they kept it for 2 weeks, and I did not receive it until April 11th. During that time I asked them to email me what work they were doing on the laptop for my own records but they did not comply (although they left me a vague voicemail regarding some of what they were doing). Since then I have had new issues with my video cards running hot and crashes with running demanding programs like games and benchmarks (crashes I had never encountered before they 'fixed' it), but not enough of an annoyance to deal with sending my laptop back in.

That is 48 days in which I was able to use my computer for 2 of them, and now my computer is having additional issues. They have not done anything to compensate me for the inconvenience they have caused and they made no efforts to speed the processing. Now, a bezel covering a heatsink broke and I am sending it to them to fix. I asked for overnight or 2-day shipping to help with the inconvenience of being without a computer, but they were unable to give me anything to speed things along. I just called to add an additional issue onto the online record of the service claim (the graphics card failures) but they were unable to add that on since the claim has already been made and the box shipped out. I asked to for a way to contact the actual service center, rather than just the customer service claim, but apparently that is "not their policy" and that I can add it to the paperwork I send in with the laptop.

If they read it and fix my issue, they have the opportunity to have me update this review to a more positive one. However, I will let you know if they let me down once again.

TL,DR: Poor communication, slow repair times and questionable workmanship
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 7, 2016
This company will no longer recognize your account if you bought the warranty while it was still under the name Canopy. I purchased this warranty for my daughter's laptop on June 1st, 2015 when it was still operating under the name Canopy. A little over a year later, her laptop's USB ports suddenly stopped working, so I tried to log back into their website, now under the name Asurion, only to discover that they no longer recognize my account. This is pretty infuriating to me since I spent $262.61 on warranty that has proven to be useless.
on May 25, 2017
Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have 0 start. Buying this insurance is use less, you will call them, and they will ask you to call pc manufacture first, then be careful since if a shipping box is provided, it can have incorrect information. Lastly, neither Amazon nor Asurion, will be responsible for what they are describing in this website. Will never buy this again, will never recommend this to anyone, and I doubt I will buy other laptops thru Amazon, since this was useless.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.