Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 6, 2016
don't know till I kneed it
on March 2, 2015
There's nothing like a piece of mind....worth its weight in gold. Great price for extra 4 yrs of total protection.
on April 19, 2016
Protection just in case.
on June 24, 2016
100z100
on January 11, 2014
I bought it , I have it . It's good. 4 years . Protection you want for your product you purchased.
on December 10, 2012
After repeated attempts, I have been unable to get a hard copy of the insurance policy...or protection plan...detailing what coverages are provided and other such normal information.
Many promises; no action. I would like to cancel this purchase and get a refund if possible. I have lost faith in their ability to provide the protection....whatever it is...in a satisfactory way.
This was purchased as a gift to go along with my purchase from Amazon of a 55inch Samsung TV. I cannot...and will not... recommend this company.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on April 10, 2013
The ad stated I would recieve a paper (hard) copy as well as be able to view on line. After order was complete it stated only an online version was forthcoming. I attempted to download the the online version but each time I only got blank pages. Paper or hard copy is important as in four years many things can happen to computer storage and the like. It's really not ethical to advertise one thing and not deliver. Bill Bruder
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 15, 2012
Product: Canopy Protection Plan - 4 Years

I purchased a refurbished Panasonic Plasma from Amazon and needed a protection plan. After comparing prices and terms among various competitors, I decided on Canopy for several reasons, as outlined below.

1. Customer Service - You will receive a call from Canopy several days after purchase ensuring your satisfaction. In addition, they will answer any question you have regarding the terms and conditions of the purchased plan.
2. Applicability to Refurbished Items - After speaking with an Amazon Rep, Square Trade and Canopy seem to be the only competitors available. Unfortunately, Square Trade is currently unable to provide a protection plan more than 2 years for refurbished items. Canopy provides up to 4 years with the sole condition that the refurbished television include a manufacturers warranty (most manufacturers will still provide warranty to refurbished items, albeit at a shorter term).
3. Terms - The terms are significantly more practical and useful than other protection plans. Canopy will attempt to fix your television, and if unable to do so within a particular price range, will provide a check in the amount of the protection plan range.

Overall, Canopy seems to have professional customer service. I will update and/or change this review if/when I begin a claim.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on October 5, 2012
Part 1 - I ordered this as my last HDTV went out inside of 3 years so I thought I would purchase some added protection this go around. The offer came up in conjunction with my purchase... I could have easily declined it but thought otherwise. I got the contract terms shortly after and now have my new HDTV and the assurance of knowing it's gonna last me longer or else.

Part 2 - Sure enough, two years in, one of the HDMI ports on my HDTV dies so I call Panasonic technical support which basically tells me it most likely needs to be brought in to an authorized repair facility to replace the electronic board to which the ports are soldered. I call Canopy to register a claim but they tell me they will come to my house and fix it?! I tell them what Panasonic technical support shared with me and their instruction to take it in to one of their AUTHORIZED servicers to order the OEM part and then open the TV and replace the board. I had already brought it to the Panasonic authorized servicer so the Canopy rep says he can't help me... one of their technicians has to come to my house to look at it and repair it. What?!?! I would much rather take my chances with Panasonic's authorized repair and pay for it myself. Lesson learned... Canopy is great at taking my money but not very good at providing any service whatsoever.
2 helpful votes
on September 13, 2012
I know most financial sites will tell you not to bother but I purchased the plan because of the price and the in home repairs for a larger TV. I have so far just received an email from them and won't really know how good it is till I have to use it.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.