Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 12 Cans (full case) Yoders Canned Bacon 9 Oz Each
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports

We've used Yoder's canned bacon for several years - mainly for the times when company comes and I don't have fresh bacon handy. We keep a case of it for emergencies too. There's no reason to do without favorites like bacon just because the power is out. They're great to toss in a backpack for camping, and people are often amazed to see that bacon comes in cans.

There are about 50 slices in each can, cooked and ready to eat(we like our crispy, this is more limp), rolled up in paper. The cans will last a decade if kept at normal home temperatures. We pull out the paper and unroll it, then finish crisping up the bacon in a frying pan. It gives off just enough grease to fry eggs, which is great for camping. You can also soak the can in hot water to ease the paper/bacon out of the can.

There's a lot of arguing in the reviews about the pricing of this bacon, but I consider it a good value. Each can contains several pounds (pre-cooked) of bacon, and currently bacon is around $4 per pound at the grocery. Plus being able to store it on a shelf and even eat it right out of the can makes it worth the extra cost.

This canned bacon is a really useful product that we don't ever plan to do without.
on August 20, 2011
i recently bought some of this at a gun show. the seller said it was basically 5lbs of cooked bacon and put in a can. the seller had pieces out on a plate. i already owned a case and was hesitant due to one scathing 2008(?) review on the net of this product. so i tried the pieces and was shocked that it was the same product that came from the can. i then bought a case and later opened a can. the bacon was only slightly greasy but man was it good! i then proceeded to eat the entire can over the period of the day. and of course, it goes great with eggs. one more thing. i paid $5 more at the gun show for this product,so this price will have me ordering from amazon.
We've used Yoder's canned meats for several years, mainly for quick meals when we come home late from the ball field and everyone is hungry. We also keep some on hand for emergencies since the meat is fully cooked and ready to eat without any lengthy preparations. I like that the cans contain only meat and salt, no added ingredients or preservatives. The liquid you find in the can is from the meat itself. I especially like that the cans have a very long shelf life if kept at normal household temperatures.

This variety pack is a great way to try canned meats and see for yourself how convenient and delicious they are. One thing to remember is that the meat has been pressure cooked in the can, so it won't be all firm chunks when you use it. It has recognizable chunks, but some of it will be more like shredded meat. Each can contains 28 oz., which is plenty to feed a large family.

The beef chunks are great in curries and chili. I use the turkey and chicken in noodle casserole dishes, although the chicken also goes well in curry. The pork makes an awesome pulled pork sandwich with the addition of BBQ sauce. The pork sausage is wonderful in omelets, although I usually fry it a little and pour off the grease before adding eggs. I do the same pre-cooking with the hamburger, since it does have a little fat in it. After draining, I use the hamburger in dirty rice or spaghetti sauce.

I can't recommend Yoder's canned meats enough - the wholesome ingredients, the convenience of having precooked, shelf stable meats, and the variety are well worth the cost.
on October 28, 2012
I'm retired and really hate to schlep groceries so I am ordering everything I can on line, coffee, canned vegetables, paper towels and now bacon. The slices are very thin but there are approximately 50 per can. To translate that into real world terms it takes about 5 slices to make a decent BLT. It takes a minute to a minute and a half in the microwave to crisp it up and it is delicious.

I think it's a good value, when you consider the cooked weight of the Yoders against slabs of raw bacon, add in the convenience of home delivery the Yoders wins for me. Guess I'd better think about reordering, I'm down to my last 9 cans!
on April 9, 2013
I just received my order today and I love the fact that I now have a stash of "instant bacon". In fact I bought this with some well rated instant egg mix in addition to some canned bread, cheeses and butter.

The case I got today had the camo labels I've seen in other reviews for this product instead of the ones showing here (not that I'm disappointed).

The bacon was awesome. I snacked on 4-5 pieces and am thinking of many ways to use it for cooking.

The reason for a 4 star instead of 5 is that I was really looking forward to counting out 50-52 pieces of bacon and the can that I chose to open only had 38 pieces in it. I'm not sure if this is just a weight thing our not. They were impressive pieces of bacon. I don't plan on opening any more for test purposes.

You also get 3 sheets of heavily bacon grease soaked pieces of waxed paper measuring about 15" x 9" which I can think of a number of uses for.
review image
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2012
I purchased this to have on hand for emergencies, but we ordered an extra can to "try it out" ... it is a cut above the "pre-cooked" bacon you can buy in the meat department of your local grocery store. We put it on cheeseburgers, my husband ate it for breakfast (just a few seconds in the microwave) ... and I munched on some of it while I cooked. It's good stuff.
on October 15, 2014
I can't believe there are not more reviews on this product. This stuff is GOOD!!!!!! Tender. Tastes good. Long shelf life. Is it a nice rare steak? Nope. Is it good meat? Yup. We have it in our long-term storage, but we ate some just to see what it will be like should SHTF. We'll be eating good! Getting ready to order another case!!!!
on February 27, 2016
I've been ordering Yoder's canned bacon for over a year now.

At first, it was quite good - you could eat the bacon right out of the can. It was great for sandwiches, salads or just a quick and easy snack. The bacon was perfectly cooked and completely drained of all fat.

Lately, however, it is awful. It is completely full of grease and is inedible until you cook it and drain the grease yourself. Basically, someone said "we can make more money by including the grease and shipping less bacon for the same weight." Really dishonorable.

I can find no method to contact the manufacturer.
on January 12, 2015
I really like this product. Even though it's fully cooked before they stick it in the can, heating it makes it taste better. Be sure to fully drain the juice from the can before you use or else it won't taste right. I will continue to purchase this product because it's easy to use.
on June 18, 2011
I have also found this cheaper elsewhere (I'm an Amazon Prime member and buy more from Amazon than from any other retailer but even I know to Google around and comparison shop because Amazon is not always the least expensive source). Now as for the product itself, at least a quarter of the cans in the case came dented but they were all still sealed well. I opened the most badly dented can to test the product and the bacon was wonderful. It is rather thinly sliced, which we like, and partially cooked so finishing it off in the oven (our favorite method) or microwave took very little time. It was absolutely delicious and no one could tell it had come out of a can. I was amazed at how many slices of bacon there were in that one can! This is a must-have for every emergency food pantry or camping trip food supply. I will definitely be buying more and may even start canning my own one of these days.