Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2010, 1:22:08 PM PST
jgcole says:
Seems that none of the Harbinger product pages recognize the choices made for size or color which would allow one to add the item to the cart. I have not been able to purchase for this reason.

Posted on Apr 27, 2010, 6:14:02 PM PDT
Irene says:
I can't add any product that require choices: I tried a Totes umbrella and a water bottle. Any advice?

Posted on Jun 12, 2011, 9:46:59 AM PDT
techT says:
I haven't been able to add items to my cart for MONTHS. Amazon customer service kept saying they are working on it and today told me it was fixed. NOT! This is ridiculous and I am tired of it. Time to go elsewhere

Posted on Aug 2, 2011, 3:43:47 AM PDT
Darius says:
I too cannot add items I'm looking at to my cart; only 1-click. This is INCREDIBLY annoying if you want to buy several items at a time. I have found 1 work-around though. I go to my browser's address bar & type http://www.ebay.com & hit <ENTER>. Once I do that I can order everything that I need, many times at better prices. That solves all my ordering problems!

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 2:50:30 PM PDT
efitz says:
try a different browser. I was using Safari and couldnt figure out how to check out so I switched to firefox and checked out in literally 10 seconds.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012, 3:13:57 PM PDT
If my computer is connected (wired) directly to my modem, I can add to my cart. If my computer is connected via my router and adapter, I can"t add to my cart.......

Posted on May 2, 2012, 8:18:35 PM PDT
Vivian Munoz says:
Today is May 2nd 2012 and I can't add items to my cart. When I click Cart, it says 'Your cart is empty'. As Tech T says, 'it's time to go elsewhere'. I will. Most disappointing when I've always got good service from Amazon. Vivien

Posted on Jun 27, 2012, 11:24:20 PM PDT
I can't add any music or mp3 downloads to my cart...how come I can't add any of those things?

Posted on Sep 1, 2012, 11:39:05 AM PDT
I can't add mp3 to my cart. Books and cds are easily added. Mp3s are impossible to buy at all.

Posted on May 26, 2013, 7:09:26 PM PDT
cannot add heelys to my cart. any help?

Posted on Sep 27, 2013, 1:34:13 AM PDT
Brandon says:
I was just having this issue. I switched to WiFi and also used Firefox instead of IE and now it works. Hope that helps.

Posted on Dec 7, 2013, 2:27:11 PM PST
Casey Steel says:
I can't add the Slender the Arrival download to my cart, WHY??

Posted on Dec 7, 2013, 2:28:22 PM PST
Casey Steel says:
I cant add the Slender The Arrival download to my cart, WHY??

Posted on Mar 26, 2014, 8:35:29 AM PDT
Captain Dull says:
If you use a firewall.... or smoothwall or go through a proxy you are not controlling yourself......

The following is from out IT guy who fixed this at our work...

For smoothwall at least, if a program other than IE accesses the proxy, it doesn't pass usernames and passwords, and you see a 407 authentication required error in the logs. Certain Javascripts seem to get 407 errors when sites are accessed. I needed to add this site to the auth bypass group in Smoothwall, so if users try and access sites hosted at *.images-amazon.com they don't need their user account passed to the proxy.

So, if you are passing through a proxy or are at work for example you may need your admins to allow *.images-amazon.com as well as amazon.co.uk not all items on the page are being pulled from a single domain...... we had this issue with any item that had extra choices... so size..or colour for example .. you should see an "error" at the bottom left of the webpage once the issue arises which you can look at (details button) to see the error and get a clue as to which site/domain needs to be allowed. Techy jargon? Yes... but it may help someone....

Posted on Jun 17, 2015, 2:05:30 PM PDT
SOLUTION! On the item page, go to the "Frequently Bought Together" section. Uncheck all EXCEPT "This Item" and "Add To Cart" from there

Posted on Oct 4, 2015, 5:11:22 AM PDT
jal says:
I was able to solve this by adding the item to my wish list and then added it to the cart from there.

Posted on Feb 1, 2016, 8:57:59 AM PST
Sly says:
I cant even add to wish list and there are no frequently bought items

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2016, 2:56:48 PM PDT
book worm says:
That's the most stupid thing I ever heard.

Posted on Jul 12, 2016, 5:51:14 AM PDT
Edna gichero says:
I just got the same problem .I was using chrome but switched to firefox and all is well now :)))

Posted on Jul 12, 2016, 6:04:26 AM PDT
Margaret B. says:
Wanted to do some shopping on Prime day but won't let me put anything in my cart! Why?

Posted on Jul 12, 2016, 9:48:15 AM PDT
Parul Khator says:
I can't add products to my cart--missed out on a prime day deal because of it.

Posted on Aug 2, 2016, 5:58:50 AM PDT
when I want to buy something it says buy with one click and not add to cart? and I have a new credit card and ai need to make changes

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2016, 2:43:26 PM PDT
Quilt I. says:
Any resolutions, I cannot either...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2016, 4:07:07 PM PST
chad g. says:
from a network admin... you have no idea what you are talking about. all you are doing is adding smoke to an existing problem. like the blind leading the blind.

Posted on Jan 2, 2017, 12:07:11 PM PST
Iris says:
I can't add gorillaz shoes to my cart and it's kiling me
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2010
Latest post:  29 days ago