Your Garage Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums iPhone 7 Tile Starting at $39.99 New Salon & Spa Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes CrisisinSixScenes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2011 6:06:15 PM PST
S. Geist says:
Anyone else having problems loading the BD movie disc? My Samsung player spins and thunks for a bit, then says the disc can not be loaded. It does have the most current firmware, and the disc itself is visually OK. I just don't have any other BD players here to test with to see if it really is a player problem, or if I got a bad disc. The special features BD disc plays OK.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:30:19 PM PST
PinkPixie06 says:
I had the opposite problem. The first disc with the film worked fine for my Samsung BD-P2500 BUT the bonus disc would not. It loaded to the main menu where the background video just played on a continuous loop but there was no menu bar at the bottom to select anything. I did some searches and then decided to reset the player with steps I found on a Samsung forum after getting the message that my firmware was already up to date. I unplugged the power cord then held down the power button for 20 seconds. Plugged the player back in and turned on. Once on pressed and held the Fast Forward button until the player shuts off and the language menu pops up. After that I reinserted the disc and it loaded up with the menu bar this time and I could finally play the features. Hope this helps you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 4:39:49 PM PST
VickyNC says:
S. Geist: I am having the same problem. I have a new Samsung Blu Ray Player that CAN play new Blu Ray disks, but I cannot load the two blu ray disks from this combo. The regular dvd loads fine in the Blu Ray player but with the two blu ray disks they try to load and my screen reads "cannot find signal" and continually attempts to load the disc--and then goes back to frame 0000. Amazon.com sent me a second one and it is having the same problem. Neither the BD movie nor the special features BD disc will load. There has to be a technical problem with these BD disks---maybe we need to return the combo to amazon and just order the regular dvd, if it is available.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 4:45:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2011 6:05:33 PM PST
VickyNC says:
PinkPixie06: Thank you so much for this suggestion but it didn't work for me and I went to the Samsung web site too--this is not worth the trouble. I am returning the BR, dvd and digital combo and have asked for a credit and then ordered a regular DVD of the movie that will play in my BD player just fine. This problem is ridiculous--I haven't had problems previously with BD disks and I have a new Samsung BD player.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 5:32:24 AM PST
S. Geist says:
Amazon sent me a replacement disc, and it plays, but with some random audio drops and pixellization. If I back up a bit, the trouble did not repeat, so it's probably not a defect on the disc itself. Not enough to make it unwatchable, but enough to be annoying. I ran a lens-cleaning CD, and that may or may not have helped - hard to say, since the problems have been random.

Cleaning the player did not help at all with the first disc - it still will not load.

I am intrigued at how we all have Samsung players ranging in age from new to two years old, and they're all having problems. I'm keeping this disc as it comes with a standard DVD, and my player does a really good job of interpolating to make a nearly hi-def image, and because sooner or later (probably sooner!) this player will be cast off to Siberia and replaced with one that can handle Amazon Video.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 7:31:46 AM PST
VickyNC says:
S. Geist: I have returned the Blu Ray combo pack to amazon.com for a refund to my visa and then ordered the (regular) DVD of the movie. It saved me $6.00 doing it this way and it is my opinion that Warner Bros. or whoever put this combo disc set out should make sure their disks can run on BluRay disc players. The two blu-ray disks in my combo pack would not load period and I refuse to either be ripped off $6.00 for something that doesn't work or to waste any more time trying to get the disks to load. My Samsung BluRay player plays other new disks beautifully with no problems loading immediately and automatically. Pox on companies that send out products that cause this many problems for customers.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 7:00:20 PM PST
JohnRN says:
Having the exact same problem on my Sony Blu Ray player and my firmware is also up to date. Very frustrating having to watch the DVD when I bought the blu ray.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 11:30:13 AM PST
I have a Samsung BD-C6500 that is just over a year old and I am having the same problem with the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I insert the Blu Ray disk and it spins for about 30 seconds and then ejects it with an error "unable to load the disk. please check the disk". The disk is clean and scratch free. Other Blu Ray disks play perfectly fine and I was able to play the DVD that came with it. I just updated to the latest firmware today and that did not fix the issue.

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 8:52:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2011 8:52:47 PM PST
Emille says:
I have a new Sony blu-ray player and all three copies of the blu-ray Harry Potter 7 pt. 2 skip throughout. Is anyone else having this problem? It's like the picture stutters.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:37:35 AM PST
I haven't the same problem with Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor, XMen: First Class and Lord of the Right Extended Edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 3:41:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2012 3:43:42 PM PST
dgatwood says:
@S. Geist

If it isn't loading at all, it's probably a defective disc. I've seen issues with my Samsung players, but nothing that would prevent it from loading.

Oh, make sure you really have the latest firmware. My BD-P1500 claimed it was up-to-date. Then I went to Samsung's website, and saw that there had been multiple firmware updates that my unit just wasn't seeing. After pulling a new firmware update down manually and loading it via a USB stick, it seems to find new firmware updates correctly again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 3:42:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2012 3:43:20 PM PST
dgatwood says:
@Emily J. Salmon

It stutters on both of my Samsung players, too. I think WB botched something. (It does work fine on my LG player, though, so it's hit or miss.)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 11:46:48 AM PST
I bought the Star Wars 6 disk Blu Ray set and every disk on my Samsung gave an error. I decided to throw out the player and purchased a new one from Samsung and every disk worked fine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers