BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 26, 2016
Don't miss this mystery if you love British characters and locations and a really story to jump into. Well done!
on April 27, 2016
Story was interesting. It covers fascinating part of English history. My problem is with the protagonists. They're just too bumbling for my liking. They seem to be caricatures of women, not women characters. The plot and the denouement were quite good. Overall, I enjoyed the book, but with the exceptions noted.
on April 17, 2016
this book irrfitated the crap out of me. There were no delininations between scenes. One paragraph, you are with Hazel in a bedroom with the housekeeper and the next paragraph you are with Hazel and the deceased's attorney. drove me crazy. The mystery is just ok and the revelation of the murderer was rushed. i have another book by this author on my Kindle but not sure if I'll read it or not. Ho hum.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2016
I'm obsessed with British murder mysteries and this was a delight. While I had guessed at a few secrets I was truly amazed by the solution.
on March 28, 2016
Travelogue or history lesson would better describe this story than mystery, although there are some matter-of-fact evil deeds recounted. Canterbury is visited by two antique cataloging women who run into multiple strange characters in dark and stormy places.
on August 9, 2015
Enjoyed this book and looking forward to reading more from the author.
on March 11, 2015
INTERESTING CAST OF CHARACTERS. The plot was smartly done. I enjoyed reading the book.The two main characters are interesting antique appraisers. That field is interesting.to me.
on May 25, 2014
This is the second book that I have read by this author. I am sorry to say that I preferred his first book in the Belinda Lawrence series – this one is OK, but it failed to keep my interest, which could have been my fault.
on March 22, 2014
The Belinda Lawrence Mystery series is one I've become addicted to. The author always has a great plot and characters you can't wait to read about. His stories are always well crafted and the characters seem to be so real. I hope he never stops writing this series.
on January 28, 2014
I like books set in England. the characters could have been drawn a little better to make them more interesting but I did enjoy it. l will read more in the series and hope to find out more about the characters.the scenery and homes and the history are enough for me to enjoy this book. Can't recommend to everyone but to people who like this type of mystery.