Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on April 27, 2016
Story was interesting. It covers fascinating part of English history. My problem is with the protagonists. They're just too bumbling for my liking. They seem to be caricatures of women, not women characters. The plot and the denouement were quite good. Overall, I enjoyed the book, but with the exceptions noted.
on March 28, 2016
Travelogue or history lesson would better describe this story than mystery, although there are some matter-of-fact evil deeds recounted. Canterbury is visited by two antique cataloging women who run into multiple strange characters in dark and stormy places.
on August 9, 2015
Enjoyed this book and looking forward to reading more from the author.
on March 11, 2015
INTERESTING CAST OF CHARACTERS. The plot was smartly done. I enjoyed reading the book.The two main characters are interesting antique appraisers. That field is interesting.to me.
on May 25, 2014
This is the second book that I have read by this author. I am sorry to say that I preferred his first book in the Belinda Lawrence series – this one is OK, but it failed to keep my interest, which could have been my fault.
on March 22, 2014
The Belinda Lawrence Mystery series is one I've become addicted to. The author always has a great plot and characters you can't wait to read about. His stories are always well crafted and the characters seem to be so real. I hope he never stops writing this series.
on January 28, 2014
I like books set in England. the characters could have been drawn a little better to make them more interesting but I did enjoy it. l will read more in the series and hope to find out more about the characters.the scenery and homes and the history are enough for me to enjoy this book. Can't recommend to everyone but to people who like this type of mystery.
on November 14, 2013
Well written and an interesting story. I'm not sure I completely related to Belinda and the other characters and found them to be more nosey then mystery solvers. Since we had recently been to Canterbury I actually recognized some of the locations mentioned in the story.
on November 13, 2013
I just finished A Canterbury Crime and I LOVED IT! I'm not a mystery reader, but this book was truly worth the read, The murder suspects are many and colorful -- hard to tell "who dun it." Unlike most mystery books, there is no foul language, no sexuality, and no gore -- just a good clean mystery that will keep the reader in suspense. I look forward to reading more of Mr. Kavanagh's books.
on October 23, 2013
Murder was the thing to do in this book. Starting with the murder of Thomas Becket. The book contained many historical reference th Thomas Becket and of Canterbury. But most of the book was in today's Times.