Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 30, 2013
The handles are smaller grip than a normal olympic bar which makes it possible to lift even more weight. The gnarling is a good feel as well.

So far so good. I did bent over rows and it felt great. Less strain of the lumbar spine once again to the the weight placement. You can probably fit 4 or 5 45lbs weights on each side as long as they are not bumper plates.

RDLs felt pretty good with this bar as well. Lots of experimenting to do, I will probably update this review later.
32 helpful votes
33 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 14, 2014
I've read other reviews and saw the video which mentions rust and frustrating wrapping for shipping, however, mine had neither. No rust and the welds weren't text book pretty, but they are decent and shouldn't fail. Packaging was thick saran wrap material, easily removed with a pair of scissors. The paint isn't a problem. This is a great bar for the price and is perfect for use in a home, or small gym.

**Update**

After using the bar for a couple of months, I still give it the 5 star rating and I would buy again if I had it to do all over again. The bar hasn't snapped in half due to cheap welds. No rust has appeared. No paint has rubbed off and ruined my other gym equipment (I laughed out loud at that review) My only whiny critique would be the knurling is very aggressive on this bar. I found this to be painful to my girly hands and it was distracting me from concentrating on the proper form necessary to develop a manly physique. To resolve the issue, I used a file to knock down the sharp peaks of the knurling and life is good again.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 29, 2015
I do not know why so many people are making such a fuss about the finish on this bar. It is for weight lifting so who cares.
The welds look very strong and the weight of the bar is balanced very well. Great not only for dead lifts but awesome for building traps and not too bad for doing lunges with either.
Bottom line is do not listen to the people complaining about the finish on the bar it is fine.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on June 22, 2015
Order placed June 17, 2015, and arrived today June 22. Fast! Came wrapped in shrink-wrap plastic and easy to cut out with a razor cutter. Yes, it is spray-painted chrome and had two small rust spots on the welds. Welds are solid and strong. Easy to wire brush the minor rust spots and spray with chrome spray paint later on. Put on two 45-pound Olympic plates, and they slid on easy. There is only one horizontal handle and not two like the other models sold on Amazon.com. No big thing for me. Very happy with the $115 price and Chinese do make pretty good stuff at bargain prices. If you want the fancy chromed deal with two handles and two-legged stand, then pay the $300+ prices.
on February 24, 2015
Received this in 2-3 days. Quick!

Luckily some guy on at another address saw my phone number on the box and was honest enough to call me. UPS delivered it to a completely different street!

When I opened it I immediately noticed the high quality. This bar can definitely support more weight than I will be able to carry. Right now I'm used to three 45's on each side. Take some 45s off and it's also great for shrugs! Love this bar. I should have bought the locking clamps at the same time though. Getting those next!
on February 9, 2017
Packaging was good. I did not see any rust, as was complained about in other reviews. I'm 6'1" 280lbs and this was big enough for me to do dead lifts and shrugs, with plenty of room. Good product, especially for the price.
3 helpful votes
on February 6, 2015
I was little skittish bout this bar cause its cheaper than the rest.its really solid and just feels good.for the $ u cant go wrong.some reveiws they cry bout the finish.who cares.its for gettin down n dirty not bein pretty
3 helpful votes
on January 23, 2014
As some guys already mention it is not chrome plated, but i dont care. I've been using it for over a year and no signs of chips or rust. I remember my old gym back in time when 90% of the iron was all rusty out and beat up ....that was the days when my workouts felt like real battle. Want nice and shiny - buy $200+ barbell, want to get best value for your money- you wont regret buying this one
on January 22, 2011
It's not chrome plated and the silver paint may chip off over time, but you can't beat the price. Worst case, buy a can of spray paint in a year or two. Hex bars are generally a great alternative to straight bars for squats, deadlifts, and shrugs.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on February 11, 2017
Oh, so much easier to dead lift with this hex bar than a regular bar! It has a more natural hand grip which allows me to lift more weight. A nice benefit is I no longer scrape my shins with this hex bar.