Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 13, 2014
I am not a dancer nor do I have any previous experience with ballet slippers, but I do know a quality shoe when I see one. I wasn't happy with the options at retail stores in my area, so I found these on Amazon for less than what I would have paid in store.

My 3 yr old wears size 8.5 normally, even fits into a size 8--so I read these reviews and ordered up (size 10 D). "D" is the normal width and was perfect. These fit with only a little room to spare, so I think I will actually exchange them for size 10.5 D. They run extremely small.

I ordered both the Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Ballet Pink,10 N US Toddler) and the Bloch Dance Bunnyhop Slipper Ballet Flat (Pink,10 D US Toddler). Please see the pictures for comparison that I posted in the image gallery.

Both shoes are extremely well made and have nice leather flexible soles for movement.

The Bloch Bunnyhop shoes win in my comparison. I wanted a PINK ballet slipper to match the other shade of pink that is sold in most dance shops for leotards, tights, etc. These are perfect!! The lining in the Capezio shoes is nice, and I like the name tag. Unfortunately, they look too "nude" and won't match the pink leotard and tights that we own. And for that reason I will be sending them back and keeping the Block Bunnyhops.

The other reason that I like the Bunnyhops is that the elastic string can be pulled tight in the front, and it cinches up the rest of the shoe all the way around the ankle, for a tighter fit. The Capezios have an elastic string but it wasn't efficient in cinching up the shoe to make it smaller or tighter. It was just for looks.
review imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 489 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2011
Ballet shoes (and even different brands) all have their own strange system of sizing - the sizes do not compare to normal street shoe sizing. According to the Capezio manufacturer, their toddler/little kid ballet shoes are to be ordered one full size up from their current street shoe size. Bloch brand kids ballet shoes are to be sized up 1/2 size. (If you order adult shoes, they're often sized down 2 or 3 sizes...) Any dancewear store will have this information, but unfortunately Amazon doesn't provide this tidbit, so it can be quite confusing as to what size to order. I hope this helps any future purchasers!
66 comments| 1,047 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 17, 2016
These shoes are super cute and very well made. I loved the leather smell right out of the box. They are more of a nude shade. I was so confused on what size to order. My daughter is 2 1/2 and in the 50th percentile for weight and height. She wear a size 7- 7.5 shoe. They were out of the 8.5 so I had to decide between the 8 or the 9 unless I wanted the 8.5 narrow or the 8.5 wide. I chose the 8 regular. When I pulled it out of the box the shoes seemed SOO TINY! I thought for sure they would never fit but to my suprise they fit perfect! I would buy again. I wouldnt say that she has a lot of room to grow into that much, but for less than $20 i dont mind. We should get maybe 6 months use out of them I'm guessing.
review image
0Comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 19, 2018
I gave these shoes two stars not because they are bad shoes, but because the sizing is ridiculous. My daughter consistently wears a size 6.5 shoe (toddler). I ordered size 6.5 which were too small. I then ordered sizes 7 and 7.5; these were also too small! I don't understand how or why I would need to order 1.5-2 sizes bigger than her true shoe size. I finally gave up after ordering three pairs and did not continue to order the next size up to find the size that would fit.
on August 25, 2017
they are really cute, but they are a little bit small. I ordered a 7 narrown hoping they would last a while and thinking it would have been better to order something too big than too small (my daughter wears a 6-6.5), but they fit perfectly right now.
on January 14, 2018
So I ordered this shoe a size up against my better judgement. I figured since most reviews said they needed a bigger size. Well that just isn’t so unless you are trying to get the slipper to fit well into the next dance year. Ballet slippers are meant to fit like a glove. You should order your child’s street shoe size. I didn’t have time to return them so I headed to a dance store(40 minutes away) and the owner said the rule of thumb is to start with street shoe size and more often than not it is a great fit. Sure enough my daughter wears a 13 and the 13 fit leaving her a little room to grow.
on December 5, 2017
Good leather ballet shoe purchased for school program for the children to wear 'inside'. They're so snug we can't get the children to wear them long enough to stretch them out. They all complain that their feet hurt.
on September 29, 2015
they are very cute and the quality seems great too.
BUT... order them bigger. I ordered them the first time 1/2 size bigger than my child's actual size and they were far too small. (hence 4 stars).
Now I am 1.5 sizes up and she has a little tiny bit of space to grow into.

Also, when they say narrow they mean narrow. my kid has very narrow feet and these fit well
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 24, 2016
The shoes look great. . . . but way too small. I ordered a size up from what my kid normally wears and can barely get her foot in them. I thought they'd probably stretch out a bit as they are a soft leather but she wore them for about an hour before she started to complain. Now I have to send them back and I'm not sure I'll get a refund because she wore them around the house. Amazon should be a bit better about sizing info. We are gonna try a 7.5 . . . . she normally wears a 5. Pretty annoyed as this was an xmas present that she was thrilled to get and now I have to take it away.
on January 10, 2018
These shoes run small. My daughter wears a size 8 in athletic shoes, boots and dress shoes and she has extra room. I ordered a size 8 but she couldn’t even wedge her foot in! I ended up re-ordering a different brand and donated the shoes to her daycare for kids that need a pair for whatever reason.