Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 28, 2017
I am a dance studio owner and also a Mama of a 5 year old tap dancer. The reason I chose Capezio over the Bloch tap shoe is the toe box shape. My daughters toes are more straight across from big toe down to pinky, meaning they don't taper much downward diagonally. She does not have a wide foot but the Bloch shoe is so curved at the toes that it pinched her 4th and pinky toes. This Capezio tap shoe is more rounded in the toe box and gives more wiggle room for toes that are more boxy or do not taper down drastically. My daughter is big on comfort and the shape of the Capezio shoe provides that more spacious feeling. The shoe is not gaping or too big, it just isn't cramped in the toes.
If you have an extremely narrow foot with tapered toes, the Bloch would fit fine. Otherwise, everyone else will like the Capezio!!

Sizing: the dance store website says that this shoe should be ordered same size as street shoe. In our case, both times I ordered half size up and it worked for us. Half size up gave her a teeny room to grow. i didn't want to have to buy another pair in two months when her foot grew. As a dance teacher, a little extra room is fine but you don't want the foot sliding around. Kids can also wear socks to fill up the extra room for a while and when they grow into the shoe more, don't wear socks anymore.
145 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 14, 2014
I ordered a 10W for my almost 4 year old based on the reviews here. I think we should have gone with the M width. My daughter's foot is average width & the shoe seems to gape a bit at the sides. We wear them with tights. She wears a 9 street shoe (recently measured at shoe store), and ordered the 10 based on Capezio's recommendation to order 1 size larger than street shoe (for this particular shoe). The length is a good fit. Hope this helps!
83 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2017
Nice shoes, good quality, but fit is incredibly narrow, and that's on the medium size. My daughter is petite and doesn't have particularly wide feet. At 23 months, she only wears size 5 or 5.5 regular shoes, sneakers in a "W" (wide) are too wide on her.
I sized these up to size 6 as that was the smallest size they had and the length was OK but too narrow and snug, I don't want to stunt her feet. She's taking dance class purely for fun, and what with ttoddler feet developing, narrow shoes are unhealthy for normal foot growth / development. They don't offer size 6 Wide so I had to size up to 6.5. Still ridiculously narrow for the medium size, not sure why they make them so narrow when they offer this shoe in Narrow, Medium and Wide. If they had a wide size 6 it would have fit her perfectly. So this is still too tight, and the 6.5 brand new pair arrived with a noticeable scuff on the patent leather at the heel. So I'll have to try another size up just to get a wide, or else try a different shoe.
Other than that, gorgeous shoes, she loved them when she tried them on, unfortunately I couldn't let her keep them as they're so tight.
If your child has narrow feet or if you can get the wide size, they're lovely shoes.
4 people found this helpful
on November 30, 2016
These shoes are sized very small. My 4-yr old daughter wears a size 8 and has pretty narrow feet. The size 9N were more narrow than I expected & would have really cramped her toes. She said they hurt. I exchanged for a size 10M (was refunded minus a small restocking fee & then placed a new order) and they work great, even with socks on. The elastic under the bow is too loose so we have to tighten the bow to get the shoes to fit across the top of her foot. The shoes seem very well made & work great for her dance class. I do wish the elastic were tighter so she could put these on herself & I didn't have to tie the bow every time for her class & could just use the bow for performances.
6 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2016
My daughter used the same kind of shoe last year and the held up pretty good. She was not allowed to use the lace so I like that they already have the elastic. The elastic hold the foot in place without slipping off. I do recommend using the size chart & go up a half a size so that they are not too big but have a little growing room. The size is not exactly the same as a regular shoe.
on September 27, 2017
I ordered two pairs in two sizes for my 4 and 6 year old daughters. Upon reading reviews that said to order a size up, I decided to order a size and a half up to give some growing room since I don't want to re-buy these in six months. I got the wide size and I think they're still about the width of a "regular" shoe - although I typically buy wide for their everyday shoes.

Naturally, a size and a half is a bit long for them, but I just have them wear thick plushy socks, which works well because the shoes look like the "breaking in" process would be uncomfortable. So, while the shoes get broken in, they can wear thicker socks and when their feet grow, I'll give them thinner socks to wear with the shoes.

The shoes look nice. I'm not a tap expert, but they sound good to me. My 4 year old was a little skeptical about the tapping sounds upon first trying them on, but she tends to be cautious with new experiences, then follows my 6 year old on whatever they're doing. I'm sure she'll get used to it and enjoy it.
2 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2015
I bought these tap shoes for my daughter, as her ones from last year are now too small. The ones from last year held up really nice, with minor scuff marks on the toes. The scuff marks are to be expected when a three year old is learning how to tap dance. These have an elastic over the top of the foot and the ribbon/bow can come off. It's more there for decoration. My daughter is wearing a 9.5 shoe size and I bought these in a 10.5 so that they'd last all year. She has a decent amount of room left to grown into them, but they're not too big that they're falling off.
on May 17, 2018
These are our first pair of tap shoes so I don’t have anything to compare them to however they seem great and my 3 yo loves them! They run very narrow! I ordered the 9.5 m first and couldn’t get her foot in. I sent them back and got the 9.5 w and they fit perfect with a tiny bit of room to grow. Her teacher said everyone always buys them too big to have rooms to grow and that it’s really bad for them so I went with a proper size. She’s 3 years and 3 months, wears a size 9 in most shoes with a bit of room to grow so that’s why I went 9.5. For comparison her are pictures next to a size 8 in converse (which run large) size 9 in Toms (which also run big and she has plenty of room to grow in) and a size 9 in sketchers which fit her perfect and just a tad to spare right now.
on January 27, 2017
Delivered today. Shoes came in a different box than Capezio and only one tap shoe had the lace. Disappointed I paid $22 for that.
review image
on September 13, 2017
Some of the reviews said to go up a size in the tap shoes, but that was not my experience. My daughter wears a 12 in normal shoes, so I ordered a 13, well, the 13 was huge and not something she could dance in and "grow into." So I returned the 13 and ordered the 12 and it was perfect. So far so good with the shoes, as long as they hold up the whole season, I'll be happy!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.