Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 18, 2017
Best tights EVER! Just do yourself a favor and order the size above what you expect. I'm a size 10-12, I weigh 170, and I'm 5'8 - I ordered the L/XL and when I looked at the size chart in the back of the package I found I should have ordered an XXL.
116 people found this helpful
on June 10, 2013
The tights are comfortable and look good. I like the transition foot, because I can roll the tights up and wear flip flops going to and from class. The size chart on the package is accurate, but it is different than the standard Amazon size chart for women, so be careful. If you are under 5'2" and weigh less than 130lb, you should get the S/M. If you are 5'4 but weigh 120 or less, than you probably still want the S/M. If you are 5'3" or taller and weigh at least 130lb, than you should get the L/XL. I am 5'6" and 135lb, and the L/XL size fits me fine. It would still fit me if I gained 15 lb or lost 10 lb, because it is stretchy. At a height of 5'6" you would have to be 110 lb for the S/M to fit. There are select styles of XX Large tights for people that are 6 foot tall to 6' 2" and weigh up to 180lb.
I hope that helps.
379 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on June 12, 2017
Let me state that Capezio Ultra Soft tights are made of excellent quality & are the only brand we purchase. The 3 stars given are due to labeling & not being aware of the waist band which is very important to the dancer.

A pair of Ultra Soft Capezio tights were needed . However these had a waist band that is elastic & it rolls. Style 1816 KA14 they were not what was expected being a Ultra Soft Capezio tights.
In comparation to the preferred style 1618 HA16 of Ultra Soft Capezio tights, which has the waist band made of the same material as the tights themselves.
This is the 2nd pair of Ultra Soft purchased from Amazon on behalf of Capezio & both had the same waist issues one being this & the other being suntan transitional
You can see by the photos what I'm referring to.
review imagereview imagereview image
25 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on August 20, 2015
Glad I finally got a pair, they are very comfortable. The waistband might be tight for some, but that's perfect for me since I use them for trapeze and don't want my tights to slide down mid air lol
40 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2015
First, find a capezio size chart before ordering. The light suntan color was a perfect to match her jazz shoes which is why we chose this color. She wore them for a few rehearsals and two recitals and they are still doing well. she had no complaints about the fit.
44 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 5, 2018
I wear these transition tights instead of pantyhose. These are not sheer at all, but they are not totally opaque either. Little bit of shimmer to make legs look good. I like the opening on the bottom of the foot because it keeps my foot from sliding in my dress shoes. I think they are sized right. I'm short, curvy, and a bit on the heavy side and I get a size L/XL. Make sure you visit Capezio's website to see the colors. At this time, they have all the colors lined up so you can see the colors next to each other. So far I can say the light suntan and suntan have a pink undertone. The caramel and dark suntan have a yellow undertone. Overall, I am very satisfied with these tights.
5 people found this helpful
on September 24, 2016
I took a ballet class in college and after jumping and lunging in these, I realized these were the solution to all my hosiery problems. I always destroy tights/pantyhose, and these can actually get a hole in them and not run. I have a pair of pink/flesh toned ones I've worn for 6 years. They have two round holes in the feet, but no runs. They do run pretty small, but it's Ok because you can pull and tug on them to pull them up, and they don't rip. Also, the tightness helps make your booty look extra round. They are a little warmer than regular hose, though. My only complaint is that they stink after one use, but that's expected. I just wish they could find a way to make them less smelly
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
These are super soft and comfy. I always order a size up in tights so they stay opaque and these fit just perfect. I bought these to go with my Children's Author Costume and I was just looking for white tights. I did not know what "transition" meant and I missed that they had a cutout part on each foot. The first time I wore them I just turned the cutout around so it was on top of my foot and wore ankle socks over them with my boots. But when I wore these the other day for about half a day I left the cutouts on the bottom of my foot and did not wear socks and ended up with sore spots on the bottom of my feet. These tights feel so good on that it far outweighs anything else (for non-dancers). I plan to order whatever colors they have that match my other costumes including another pair of white ones. These are so soft that you don't want to take them off, and at the end of a long day standing that can mean the world.
One person found this helpful
on September 1, 2015
I usually don't but tights online for my daughter for dance, but made an exception this time because amazon had a much better price than the local dance shop. I followed the Capezio size guide and these were very small on my daughter. As they are transition tights, she could pull the feet up and use them with her foot undeez, but they were too small to wear over her feet for her other dance shoes. I ended up having to go to the dance shop and buy another pair for recital, but these were fine for practicing. Just...ALWAYS SIZE UP. I know that is common knowledge with dance gear and especially capezio...so that is what I did and they were still too small. Quality was good, price was good, next time I will order larger and way earlier so I can avoid being gouged by the dance shop.
6 people found this helpful
on October 11, 2016
I grew up dancing and wearing Capezio tights, now I work in finance so I live in tights all winter with my dresses. These are my go-to after trying a half dozen department store brands. I've probably worn my current pair a dozen times - with boots, through snow, washing them, etc. and they're still in great shape. I think it's the elastic in them that makes them so resilient. Having the hole at the foot is an added bonus, so I can wear them under pants for added warmth and just roll them up around my ankle. I am 5'5" 130 pounds and the L/XL is great. Tall enough without sagging.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.