Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: Medium|Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on March 15, 2017
I don't think I needed to size up quite as much as I did. I agree that parts of the leo run a bit tight, but I sized up, & mine is big mostly everywhere.

I'm-- eh, I have no idea what I weigh. Call it 135 pounds or under, 5'4'', with broad shoulders & a butt. Hour glass shape, muscular-- trapeze swinger. :P I think I'm about 34-26-36. The reviews said this thing ran tiny, so I bought a Large, when size chart indicated I could be a small or medium. It's not falling off, and I didn't return it, because it's not so far off as to be ridiculous (they're stretchy, so obviously even a big leo is going to fit okay unless the length is way outta whack). But the back of the leo has airspace between my mid-back and butt-- the fabric isn't hugging. Definitely have room in the waist. And I have some of the dreaded crotch bagginess going on. That said, the shoulders fit pretty snug. And the thigh openings are comfy, for once, when I typically expect ballet-leg openings to cut off circulation in my thighs. :P

Overall, yes, the shoulder area is short/slim, so you should size up if you're bulky there. But the rest of it either runs true to size or is not as large as everyone is saying. I should have gone with the top-end of my usual size, rather than going a full-size up from there.
on July 8, 2016
I am becoming incredibly brand loyal to Capezio. Just like their other cotton blend leotards, I love that they're soft and breathable, and in the darker colors are definitely flattering. I like that Capezio's camisole leotards don't feel like they're going to fall off my shoulders, like some other brands do.

I'm 5'1" and generally an American size 2-4, but my broad shoulders and rib cage often mean that I need to go up in size in some shirts and dresses and have it taken in at the waist. This leotard seemed simple yet elegant, with a splash of character in the crisscrossing back design. On the model-- who looks to have a tiny rib cage -- this is beautiful! On me, the crisscross is.. well, a little less elegant, hence knocking off a star. If you have a narrow(er) rib cage, this will probably look lovely on you. I'm still going to wear the leotard -- it fits according to the size guide (measurements-- always measurements!) and the design doesn't look bad, just not what I expected. You can certainly take a chance on this leotard but be aware that the design may not look quite like it does on the model.
on May 7, 2017
I am 5' 8, 120 lbs and i ordered a small. I love the material and the design. Fits me perfect. I would recommend this!
review image
on September 17, 2013
Going by the size chart on their website, I ordered a size Large. I have a 33.5 high bust, 36 full bust, 30-31" waist, and 42" hips, and I'm a rather proportional 5' 9". The large is supposed to fit 36-38 bust, 28-30 waist, and 39-41 hips. It was much too small in every way (nothing raises the self esteem like trying on a too-small, very tight leotard!). The leotard was too short-torso'ed for me, and it was way too tight each measurement. The underarm area was the most unfortunate part of this, but the hips and the back cutout were a close second/third.

Olympic gymnasts apparently have an average height of about 5' 4", and I'm definitely hippier and pear-ier than their size chart intends, and it showed. So if you're built like me, go up at least one size.

Four stars, because this seemed to be of the highest quality. The fabric wasn't too thin or transparent, the seams were tough, and it generally was well-made. But I rely on the size guide, and it let me down. I sew a lot of my own clothes, so I take honest, accurate measurements, but the size chart is definitely not correct. Or maybe it's correct for somebody built like a gymnast, who's a Size Large of pure muscle, but oh man, not for me.
on March 27, 2014
As others have said, this leotard runs small - and moreover, the sizing chart is WAY off. I did some sleuthing through reviews and decided to try out a Large (I'm 5'7", 122lb, and typically wear a size 0 pant, 2-4 dress, but am larger in the chest). This NEARLY fit me, but compared to another Capezio leotard (the Princess Camisole Leotard: http://www.amazon.com/Capezio-Womens-Princess-Camisole-Leotard/dp/B002XZMEKO), this one was a bit tighter in the chest and felt like it dug into my shoulders a bit more than the Princess Camisole cut. There's a very fine line between "fits just right" and "too small" with leotards, and I opted for the Princess Camisole Leotard in Large. However, if you're similar sizing, I would recommend you try out the large cause it was more or less a toss up between the two for me.

As I really liked the style of this leotard, I also tried on the X-L and it was a little saggy in the bum and not tight enough around my torso.

Great price, though, looks to be good quality, and the back detailing is lovely.
on May 5, 2015
Just a heads up, I'm a tall lady. 5'9", and about 135lbs and I ordered a large. As much as I love this leo and the beautiful back, I probably won't be buying Capezio anymore. Though they are marketing to adults, I think you have to be short for these to fit right. Length wise, from crotch to shoulder, it fits okay. It is a little tight, but loosens while you dance. It's big in the waist, though. It doesn't hug my curves at all, and makes me look boy shaped. These are probably just the gripes of all tall people and leo's everywhere. Washes great, can't complain about that. Does excellent on the silks and lyra if you're an aerialist - the tissu will not eat this guy! It can handle all the drops you can. Hope this helps!
on June 22, 2016
Eh! I always wear small for everything so I got a small for this one too. But shoulder straps hurt me and there were lines after a ballet class. It's not impossible to wear and dance but not that C comfortable. Be aware that this brand sizing is smaller. But I love the color and design on the back. The size is the only issue.
on October 16, 2016
This leotard looks great on and I've gotten compliments on it. Fits my curves well and I did not think the shoulders were tight like some people have mentioned. I nearly purchased a medium, but after reading reviews I went with the large and I'm glad I did. Normally I buy clothes in a size small. For reference, I am 5'5" and a size 4 in pants, 2/4 in dresses. This runs very small! Buy a size larger than you think you need.
on May 18, 2016
Lovely leotard! Cotton, yet stretchy. Bra shelf will support if you buy a size that's snug. I'm 5'6"", 113 lbs. and the M fits perfectly. The back design with the cross straps is classy yet very contemporary. My only disappointment is that the legs aren't cut higher. Bought in several colors.
on September 5, 2016
Very nice quality as always with capezio but it runs small. It will work but it's a tad too tight in the top. I am 5 foot 6" and weigh 100 lbs, if I had a chest to even put in this leotard I wouldn't be able to even get it on. For whatever reason they didn't make the straps adjustable. I would go up a size with this one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.