CapillusUltra Mobile Laser Therapy Cap for Hair Regrowth - NEW 6 Minute Flexible-Fitting Model - FDA-Cleared for Medical Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia - Great Coverage
- IF HAIR LOSS RUNS IN YOUR FAMILY, the CapillusUltra (formerly known as the Capillus82) laser hair growth therapy cap may be right for you.
- CLINICALLY-PROVEN TECHNOLOGY & FDA CLEARED, Capillus is as a safe and effective treatment for hereditary hair loss (identified by overall thinning hair, a receding hairline and pattern baldness). Now, you can grow your hair at home or on-the-go with the laser devices previously available only through physicians.
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE JUST 6 MINUTES EVERY DAY. With 410 mW total energy output, comfortably treat your scalp with the flexible fitting CapillusUltra in the time it takes to drink your morning coffee.
- RECOMMENDED BY OUR NETWORK OF PHYSICIANS to grow thicker, fuller hair. Can be used in conjunction with topical hair loss foams, prescription medications, or before and after hair transplant surgery. Not all laser hair regrowth products are created equally. Unlike some gadgets, the medically prescribed CapillusUltra cap features laser only technology with no LED lights.
- ASSEMBLED IN THE USA for quality assurance, this device is ISO13485 certified and safe to use. Our US-based customer service & support are available to answer any questions.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Laser Therapy Hair Regrowth Cap for Treatment of Hair Loss & Hair Thinning
The CapillusUltra laser therapy cap manufactured in the USA* and FDA cleared for both men and women, provides you with a safe and easy-to-use method to prevent hair loss progression and restore thinning hair due to genetics. The CapillusUltra features 82 5mW laser diodes that provide great coverage in just six minute daily sessions. This non-invasive low-level laser therapy comes with a long-lasting, rechargeable lithium-ion battery for hands-free operation while receiving treatment for healthier-looking hair.
*Manufactured in the USA from foreign sourced raw materials.
- 6 Minutes Daily
- FDA Cleared
- Clinically Proven Technology
- US Manufacturing
- US Customer Support
- Recommended Physician Network
- Laser Only Technology
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH CAPILLUS
Keep in mind that it takes time for hair to grow. You will not notice results immediately as it takes time to restore follicle health and then for the new strands of hair to grow. We recommend you take pictures of your scalp before you begin treatment, so you can effectively keep track of results.
The following is a general guideline of what to expect in your hair restoration journey.
0–3 Months: The first thing you may or may not notice is an increase in shedding. If this is the case, don’t worry. Initial hair shedding is actually a sign that the treatment is working – indicating that new anagen hairs are pushing out the older hairs to make way for healthy new shaft of hair. Some itchiness might be experienced at this point in the process as the arrector pili muscles linked to the follicle contract.
3–6 Months: Next, you will begin to notice a decrease in hair loss. After the first few weeks of using your device according to the instructions, you will notice that hair is not shedding as much as previously. Do not be discouraged if you don’t see significant change. Keep in mind that preventing progression of hair loss is in itself a success. You may notice that your hair is slightly fuller in the areas that you had noticed thinning.
12 Months: This is the time to evaluate the results of laser therapy. We recommend you take another set of pictures and compare to those you took at the beginning.
24 Months +: This is when you should see the greatest and most impactful results. Expect to see the most you can get from Capillus laser therapy at this point. For as long as you continue to comply with laser therapy, you should maintain a fuller head of hair and reduction of hair loss.
If your hair loss is due to heredity, Capillus laser therapy may be a great treatment option for you.
Hair loss is a serious issue that affects millions of men and women around the world. The most common type of hair loss is a result of your genes: androgenetic alopecia (pattern baldness). It’s a progressive condition (worsens over time) and constitutes 98% of hair loss. If you begin treatment during the earlier stages of progression, the Capillus laser therapy may stop further progression and regrow your thinning hair.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 13.31 x 10.51 x 5.79 inches; 5 Pounds
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- UPC : 853327006527
- Manufacturer : Capillus, LLC
- ASIN : B075SHTXYF
Best Sellers Rank:
#38,572 in Beauty & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Beauty & Personal Care)
- #163 in Hair Regrowth Treatments
- Customer Reviews:
Patent Pending. Capillus and the Capillus logo are trademarks of Curallux, LLC and registered in the USA and other countries. Product is subject to Amazon's Global Store Return Policy. Please review that policy for applicable terms and conditions. For items returned outside of Amazon's Global Store Return Policy (30 days of receipt of delivery in most cases), your purchase will be subject to Capillus’ return policy (if the product is purchased directly from Capillus) and may be subject to a restocking fee up to 25% of item's price for used or damaged returns and up to 100% for materially different item. Please note that purchases from sellers other than Capillus may be subject to a different return policy, including some sellers not offering returns or refunds.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
0-3 months = no visible difference
3-6 months = decrease in hair loss & initial results
12 months = visible results & fuller appearance
24 months = fuller, healthier hair & continued maintenance
- The laser fixture itself is an inset in a regular baseball cap. It can be easily removed and put into just about any other cap if you want to.
- Charge its power supply overnite, then it's pretty plug and play
- Lasers will not emit if hat is not on head, it gives an error/reminder buzz
- The 6 min treatment time is built in, the lasers will shut off by themselves.
- If you have any hair, you probably won't be able to see the lasers on
- Does warm the head a little. The leftover feeling is like a bit of stiff sunburn and that feeling lingers for hours, but it is in no way painful or even uncomfortable (to me).
- Made in USA from foreign-sourced materials
- Comes with a firm shell case w/handle. 4 different types of plugs for different countries, and a shoulder strap.
I looked into this because I'd never seen "FDA Cleared" as opposed to "FDA Approved". The FDA's "cleared" designation is when a new product shows evidence that their product is the same as another product already on the market. It does not mean that the FDA has actually tested the new product. This cap is considered a Class 2 device, which means it does not have to be approved since it's only moderately risky.
There is a 'watchdog' group for claims made in advertising, called NAD. In 2018 NAD referred this product to the FDA because of false advertising claims. Specifically:
1. "Clinically proven to regrow hair" - Capillus ran no clinical trials, but instead used the trials of another laser hair growth device (by another company)
2. "physician-recommended" and "preferred choice of doctors worldwide" - 3 out of the 5 testimonials were for Capillus 272 which is a predecessor to the 82/202/pro, and the 2 other testimonials referred to the general benefits of laser therapy in treating thinning hair. Capillus also has no evidence of any doctor survey being done.
3. "...no known adverse side-effects..." typically that claim requires a study of the actual product. NAD felt that just because no complaints had been reported to the FDA at the time didn't mean there was no potential harm.
The current packaging does include 3 "testimonials" from Doctors, but none of the 3 refer to this product or any of its similar models. It does indicate there has now been a study done but using the CapillusPro and it was only 17 weeks long with no number of participants mentioned.
There is TINY, light grey print with info about skin types. Now I think I know why my noggin feels sunburnt. A couple of the pix are info about warranty (why would they print that so light and tiny you can't see it, I wonder) and "the fine print" regarding skin type classifications. I wouldn't have even thought to check that.
Some of the existing products available now are in the form of a comb. Some products have to be used for 30 mins, every other day. For me, 6 mins a day wearing a hat doesn't get in my way at all. That's a major plus, I have to admit.
Still, I'm unimpressed with the marketing shenanigans. If the product works, they didn't need to do that. Obviously a review for this is going to take a long time, so for now I'm giving it 3 stars based on the older exaggerated claims and all the tiny, light print. I'll be taking "before" and at each milestone pix and updating this.
Don't forget to use the Smile.Amazon.com address - It's an Amazon program where many things you buy every day will generate a small donation from Amazon to the charity of your choice. Info here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_se_rspo_laas_aas
Also I suggest buyers to do online research showing adverse effects on immune system due to LLLT before buying this cap.
I’ve been using the cap for 3 months now and I do see a bit of increased hair growth at my temples (my area of concern) but we’ll see if there’s improved difference at the 6 month mark. I’ve added some before/after. (Skin is darker in afters due to being out in the sun more)
I got it back in October and it is now January my hair feels a little fuller
I can’t tell if it has grown any my daughter that is a hairstylist said that it has
Top reviews from other countries
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.