Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Capresso 485.05 MT600 Plus 10-Cup Programmable Cof..." and save 41% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Capresso 485.05 MT600 Plus 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless steel housing with fingerprint-proof finish
- 24-hour programmable lcd digital clock/timer
- Safety auto shut-off after brewing
- Reusable GoldTone Filter
- Electronic filter indicator alert for when to change charcoal water filter
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
MT600 PLUS 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
Brewing Coffee at Home
Preparing great tasting drip coffee at home is simple but requires many factors in order to consistently achieve the perfect cup. Fresh whole coffee beans should be ground to a medium sized grind immediately before brewing for optimal full-bodied flavor. Using fresh, filtered water is essential as brewed coffee is 98% water and non-filtered water could leave the coffee tasting flat. All Capresso coffee makers feature high quality heating elements that heat the water to the ideal brewing temperature of over 200 degrees F and brew the coffee in less than one minute per cup for the perfect extraction that is never bitter. Preferably you should enjoy the brewed coffee soon after brewing has finished as this is when the coffee is freshest and has the most flavor.
Features and Benefits of the MT600 Plus
Maximum Flavor in under 10 minutes
Rapid brewing 10-cup programmable coffee maker produces a full-flavored pot of coffee in less than 8 minutes ensuring the proper extraction time for perfectly brewed coffee. The stainless steel thermal vacuum carafe keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hours
- Unique stainless steel-lined heating system eliminates water contact with aluminum and reduces the need for decalcifying
- Stainless steel thermal vacuum carafe with drip-free pouring spout keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hours
- Fingerprint-proof stainless steel housing provides superior strength and style and eliminates fingerprints
- Permanent GoldTone filter is easy to use and easy to clean
- 24-hour programmable clock/timer with easy to read LED display
- Special settings maintains temperature and aroma when brewing only 3-5 cups
- Charcoal water filter removes up to 82% of chlorine and other impurities
- Water level indicator makes filling the right amount of water easy
- Drip stop allows you to pour a cup while brewing
- Automatic safety shut off
How Things Work
Electronic Charcoal Filter Indicator
An internal counter registers how often you turn the coffee maker on. It assumes that it makes a pot of coffee each time the machine is turned on. After 60 pots of coffee the green indicator light starts blinking. Replace the charcoal filter and push and hold the filter button until the green light stops blinking and stays illuminated.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, our (my wife's) requirements were:
1. Must be programmable - the smell of freshly brewed coffee in the air at the moment of waking up (not 4-minutes after waking up)
2. Must have thermal carafe - a glass carafe that can be poured into a thermal carafe is unacceptable
3. Must be decently designed/attractive; it is kept on the counter and never put away
4. Must be <$300 (my requirement)
The Capresso MT600 and a couple others met the above list. Our prior Capresso MTx00 was so good that we decided to roll the dice and knew that we were likely to be disappointed. However, I'd say we love the MT600. Here's why:
1. It's programmable, and we set it up the night before so every morning we wake up to freshly brewed coffee
2. the coffee is always hot, whether it sits for 5 minutes or 35 minutes in the thermal carafe
3. It's good looking, and matches our Wolf range and KitchenAid / GE Profile stainless steel appliances
4. Got it on Amazon for $105
5. We have never had any disappointment, spills or dribbles -- we were prepared for failure but after 1-year we only have satisfaction
Note: We grind our coffee the night before, then set the coffee maker. When we pour, I take the lid off completely and pour into coffee mug flawlessly. My wife pours with the lid still on, turning the lid just enough to allow coffee to come out. She's never spilled a drop, I've never seen a dribble, so can't confirm any issues there. We have never experienced any issues whatsoever with splatters, flow, cold coffee, spills, drainage, leaks, etc.
I love the MT600 because it meets all requirements, and far exceeded my lowered (due to Amazon comments) expectations. I hope future buyers have the same good fortune.
fine....better than the old one...the only thing that is better than the older model. No drips. As long as the heating element holds up, I'll be content. However, the poor fit and finish of the MT-600 plus doesn't give me confidence that it will last as long as my other Capressos. If this unit fails, I'm only out $78, and will have learned my lesson. Then I will proceed to buy a Bonavita. However, will most coffee makers being made in China now, I'm not sure there are many options under $150. Maybe I''ll go back to the future and go back to hand poured brew (Chemex)....I used to love my coffee
cone back in the 1970's. So much for progress.
I'm not sure how long this new unit will last
I returned the Mr. Coffee and got this Capresso, and in my opinion it's as good as the old Capresso we had. The bad reviews are misleading. The coffee tastes just as good, and the redesign of the carafe lid represents an improvement. I am disappointed that the old Capresso lasted only 5 years (the electronics fried at that time), but the coffee it makes is superior for a drip coffee maker.
I'll update this review if our opinions change.
Most recent customer reviews
Can't say anything bad about it, let's hope it stays that way.