Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr, Black" and save 36% off the $120.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100-watt conical burr grinder with 16 grind settings.Watts/Volts/Hertz:100W/120V/60Hz
- Commercial-grade conical burrs ensure maximum coffee flavor
- Bean container holds 8-1/2 ounces; grounds container holds 4 ounces
- Heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing; built-in timer; easy to clean
- Measures 7-2/3 by 5-2/5 by 10-4/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
KRUPS GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder with Grind Size and Cup Selection, 7-Ounce, Black
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Bodum BISTRO Burr Grinder, Electronic Coffee Grinder with Continuously Adjustable Grind, Black
Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Kitchen Kapers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.6 x 14.6 x 7.8 in||7.24 x 4.29 x 10.4 in||4.72 x 6.29 x 13.77 in||7.13 x 10.75 x 6 in||7.1 x 7.6 x 12.5 in||6.25 x 8.5 x 15.25 in|
|Item Weight||4 lbs||3.2 lbs||6.83 lbs||4.5 lbs||—||6.4 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel Grinder||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel|
Capresso - Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
Elegant, timeless and user friendly design
For maximum aroma and flavor retention nothing beats the Infinity Conical Burr Grinder series. Computer controlled special grinding heads cut the angles and shapes of the steel burrs to within 0.1 mm precision (1/250 of one inch). Burrs are produced as matched pairs and are hand assembled in Switzerland for precise fit. The multiple gear motor produces the slowest grinding action (< 450 rpm) resulting in highest precision grinding from Turkish fine to percolator coarse. Lowest noise conical burr grinder.
Features & Benefits
- Extremely wide range from Turkish fine to coarse for all kinds of coffee preparation.
- Clearly marked fineness settings, 4 each for extra fine, fine, regular and coarse. A total of 16 settings.
- Commercial grade solid conical steel burrs with advanced cutting design for high precision grinding.
- Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up.
- Slowest grinding speed in its class creates less friction and heat build up preserving maximum aroma and flavor in any grind setting.
- Safety lock system.
- Upper conical burr removable for easy cleaning.
- Tight fitting ground coffee container (holds up to 4 oz. of ground coffee).
- See through bean container holds up to 8.8 oz. of beans.
- Timer can be set to grind from 5 to 60 seconds.
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop included.
- Heavy duty zinc die-cast housing.
For grinding larger quantities of coffee beans for a coffee-drinking crowd, Capresso's commercial-grade Infinity grinder handles 8-1/2 ounces of beans at a time. Sixteen different settings--four each in the four categories of extra fine, fine, regular, and coarse--let you adjust the grind to the specific blend of coffee and method of brewing. The finest setting is ideal for preparing Turkish coffee, which is a rare feature to find in a grinder. A built-in timer sets the grind for anywhere between 5 and 60 seconds so you can walk away without having to constantly press a button to continue the grinding process. The Infinity has an advanced conical burr design made of steel that is usually only found on commercial grinders. This burr design slows down the gears and reduces the amount of friction and heat to preserve coffee's flavor and aroma. The coffee container holds up to 4 ounces of grounds and remains sealed during grinding. For safety, the bean container also needs to be locked into place for the Infinity to operate. For easy cleaning, the bean container and upper burr lift off so you can clean the grinding chamber with the included brush and wipe down the heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing. The 100-watt burr grinder measures 7-2/3 by 5-2/5 by 10-4/5 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty. --Cristina Vaamonde
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are conflicting reviews, I will provide some data in an attempt to resolve them and help others decide if this is a good choice for them.
Good: Produces a consistent even grind within the range we use (espresso to pour-over). It is quiet. It does not heat the beans. The burrs appear to be heavy steel of good quality. The hopper and bin are relatively cheap plastic and probably need to be treated gently. I think it is a good value for the price.
Due to the design, grounds are retained under the nylon collar surrounding the upper burr, even after tipping the grinder forward and giving it a whap to knock the last of the ground coffee out of the chute. Investigation with different roasts, grinds, and a gram scale showed:
1) with a medium roast, dry bean, retention is minimal, almost nil when starting with a clean chamber
2) with an oilier dark roast, retention was 3 g starting with a clean chamber. The same amount was retained regardless of grind (coarse to fine) and quantity (60 g for pour-over or 15 g for espresso shot both retained 3 g)
3) setting the timer to run the grinder for a setting of "3" after the last beans disappear from the hopper decreased the retention to 2 g
4) after the first shot of 15 g was ground and had 15 g in -> 13 g out, the next shot was full weight (15 g in -> 15 g out)
5) I ground some rice (recommended to clean grinders) in order to visually determine whether the retained material is exchanged on the next grind, or stays put. The rice cleaned the chamber completely. So this didn't work as a way to test whether ground coffee left under the nylon collar is exchanged into the next grind. But it may be, meaning you would get coarser material mixed into your fine espresso grind or vice versa if switching grinds.
Bottom line, should you buy this grinder?
-yes if you want a conical stainless steel burr grinder that grinds at slow speed AND
-you prefer medium-roast beans, which will not be significantly retained OR
-you predominantly use one grind setting all the time OR
-you are willing to disassemble and clean the grinder whenever you switch grinds and sacrifice a couple grams of the first grind after cleaning
-No if your primary purpose is to dose dark roasted beans for espresso and you want to assure minimal retention of ground beans
-No if you frequently prepare coffee by different methods thus switch back and forth between different grinds and don't want to fuss with cleaning each time you switch.
I would expect with dark beans, the grinder would have to be cleaned regularly to continue to function well. Running 15 g of rice worked beautifully, or it's very straightforward to lift off the empty hopper, lift off the top burr, and clean the grind chamber and burr with a brush. You need to invest a couple bucks in a real brush in addition to the small brush provided.
I don't understand the reviews about putting the burrs back upside down and getting them jammed. Either Capresso changed the design since those were written, or those folks need to pay a little attention when taking things apart & maybe snap a pic, because it seems fairly obvious.
I have not experienced the static problems some users described, even with fine grind. I don't know if the stainless steel base reduces this problem.
I would pamper the plastic hopper and timer; don't manually turn the timer off, just unplug and let it run down. I would suggest don't store beans in the hopper as the oil from the beans may change the plastic and make it more brittle over time, plus it's easier to clean the grinder if beans don't need to be removed from the hopper first.
But what really was the final straw for me today was when I got up this morning and the on/off/timer knob disintegrated after turning it on. The plastic cylinder that holds the knob onto the actual switch mechanism broke (see pictures). Considering that the grinder is only 16 months old, that typically means a bad batch of plastic knobs since it's supposed to be ABS plastic. I emailed Jura through the Capresso website and got a terse "You can call customer service". I called them and was told that it'd be $13.50 to send me a replacement knob. $13.50! for a ten-cent piece of plastic, and not even an "I'm sorry to hear that the product didn't perform well". This stands in stark contrast to a recent positive customer service experience I had with OXO where they offered to replace a 5 year old product at no cost.
Overall, the minuses outweigh the plusses with this grinder, and certainly with Jura. I'd recommend looking for a better product and better company to deal with.
Most recent customer reviews
While it is better than my last grinder it has several problems.
1) The grind level changes as you're running the machine.Read more
- Super quiet, compared to other grinders I've had. With the bedroom door closed, this can be used while I'm sleeping without issue.Read more