Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder and Thermal Carafe
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10-cup coffeemaker with built-in conical burr grinder and stainless-steel thermal carafe
- Fully programmable; digital control panel with clock and timer; brew-pause function
- 5 grind settings from coarse to fine; 5 brew amounts; 3 strength settings; 6-ounce bean container
- Brew mode with or without the grinder; 2-hour auto shut-off for safety; charcoal water filter included. Measures approximately 9-4/5 by 9-1/2 by 15-1/2 inches.
- Please review the trouble shooting steps manual under product details and video under the image section for any set up/ usage related problems.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder and Thermal Carafe
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||APlusSaving||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 9.75 x 15.5 in||8.44 x 10.67 x 16.25 in||12 x 9.8 x 17.5 in||13.5 x 10 x 15.5 in||12.5 x 16.5 x 8.25 in||8.5 x 12.5 x 16.25 in|
|Item Weight||9 lbs||9.92 lbs||11 lbs||9.5 lbs||14 lbs||16.1 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Not Applicable||Stainless Steel|
Capresso - CoffeeTEAM TS
Coffee Maker / Grinder Combination
Featuring a built-in conical burr grinder and a stainless steel thermal carafe, the Capresso CoffeeTEAM TS 10-cup Digital Coffee Maker is the most compact and convenient coffee maker/conical burr grinder combination on the market.
Feature and Benefits
The CoffeeTEAM TS features a stainless steel thermal carafe to keep your coffee perfectly hot for hours, without reheating. Stainless steel accents throughout the machine make this the most sophisticated Coffee Maker / Burr Grinder combination on the market. The innovative direct-feed technology allows the coffee filter holder to stay inside the machine during the grinding. As a result, aroma is maximized and mechanical movements within the machine are reduced. The compact footprint is a function of direct-feed technology and smart design; the carafe and GoldTone filter are placed under the control panel, and the 6-ounce bean container is tucked into the top back corner. Only the CoffeeTEAM TS lets you program the amount of coffee you want to grind: choose from 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups and select mild, regular or strong. You can even program two completely different settings, one for manual operation and one for automatic operation. This way you always enjoy exactly the same coffee taste. The CoffeeTEAM TS uses solid steel conical burrs. The slow grinding of the burrs imparts minimal heat preserving more aroma than blade grinding. It also allows a finer and more uniform grind than combination machines with a blade grinder. Five fineness settings for light to dark beans let you adjust the grinder to your preferred beans (the darker/oilier the bean, the coarser the setting). The bean container holds up to 6 ounces of coffee. Detachable see-through cover lets you check the flow of the ground coffee and makes is extremely easy to clean the grinder channel AM/PM Programmable Clock/Timer lets you set the time when to grind and brew automatically. The display shows the time, the strength setting and for how many cups the grinder is programmed. Two Mode Settings: BREW (for pre-ground coffee) & GRIND/BREW (for whole bean coffee). Easy to read illuminated LCD display. 10-cup Stainless Steel Carafe. GoldTone Filter (size 4, flat style) included. The CoffeeTEAM TS can also be used with size 4 filter paper. Charcoal water filtration with electronic indicator shows when to replace charcoal water filter. Removes up to 82% of chlorine and other impurities from tap water. Over 200 degrees F brew and up to 180 degrees F coffee temperature in the thermal carafe directly after brewing. Drip Stop and Stop-and-Serve lets you remove the carafe while brewing to serve a quick cup.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the negatives:
- It is definitely loud and long in grinding, as other owners mention. The burr grinding process is wonderfully consistent compared to blade grinding, but it seems to take forever and the noise is enough to wake up the ... sleeping.
- It doesn't have a way to dump out the unusued coffee beans if you want to change blends to another bean (though you can still put pre-ground coffee in the basket while there are beans waiting to be ground.)
- The carafe does tend to make a sort of "cracking" sound when it sits on the hotplate sometimes.
I have owned some of the most popular, and some unusual, grind & brew machines in the past 30+ years, including a very different Capresso long, long ago. There are some models/brands that only have a single grind possibility (no settings), some that require constant cleaning of parts, some that fall apart within the year and don't have even that much warranty, and one that was going to cost an extra $65 to replace the faulty super-recessed lid switch, which died after 4 months, without which it was totally unusable. There's only one of those previous coffeemakers that I'd buy again by choice, and they stopped making it over 20 years ago.
This Capresso is well made, nicely packaged, and has all the features I want:
- Fineness of grind is controlled with 5 possible settings
- Amount of beans ground (from the hopper that holds approx. 2-3 pots of beans) is settable in 2-cup increments from 2 to 10 cups.
- "Aroma" (i.e. darkness & flavor) is controlled with 3 settings, which in combination with other controls seems designed to yield every possible preference for "perfect" coffee.
- It has automatic shut-off. (One of the much-lower-priced grind&brew machines doesn't have this feature, which I think should be mandatory on coffeemakers considering how many fires are started by overheating appliances.)
- It has drip-trip, which is critical as I often don't want to wait for the full pot to brew before I take a cup in the morning.
- It's completely programmable. Not only can you set a start time, but you can associate specific settings with the programmed time that are not the same as the current settings.
Other pluses that are less quantifiable:
- It doesn't seem to cause me to spill water all over the counter in filling it, like the last one I had. I have no idea what design elements affect this, I just know that it happens with some coffeemakers & not others.
- It takes some parts in common with the other-brand grind&brew that I last had, which started leaking when brewing. The charcoal filters and basket, at the least, seem in common with many other brands.
It cost quite a bit compared to some of the more popular models but, frankly, I'm convinced it's worth the extra investment.
ADDED 11 MONTHS LATER:
I had problems with my coffeemaker (not dripping, though the grinder was fine) just under a year from purchase. I contacted Capresso -- pay attention to their website advisory that Monday morning is the worst time to contact them! Despite the fact that I thought it was just past the warranty expiration, when actually it was just before the end-date, they were very helpful in getting it repaired at no charge, and they paid all shipping both ways.
Two weeks later, I now have a like-new or new (I'm not sure which) coffeemaker. I have to admit that I had no idea just how hooked I was on the quality of coffee I can make so easily with the Capresso. But in the interim, everything else has been tasting like dishwater by comparison.
I'm not only thrilled to have my coffeemaker back, but I'm happy to report that Capresso stands behind their products so amicably and thoroughly.
P.S. The noise was not really a factor as so many found. Not really louder than our blade grinder but maybe the hour of morning matters. The LCD is bright but can be a nice night light in kitchen or you can put a piece of aluminum foil over it at night. Better yet, buy another machine that works!