Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Captain America: Super Soldier - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 65% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Use Captain America's Shield: Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies
- Capture the Castle, Save the World: Infiltrate a huge castle complex that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn
- Acrobatic Platforming: Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions
- Free-Flowing Combat: Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him
- Face Fearsome Foes: Face off against Captain America's greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Captain America: Super Soldier is a third-person, single player action-adventure game in which players take up the fight, as well as the shield of America's original comic book super soldier, Captain America. The game features an exciting blend of free-flowing combo based combat and acrobatic platforming against the backdrop of an original storyline set in the universe of the major motion picture release of the same name. Additional features include: the full list of Captain America's greatest villains and superior graphics that bring the adventures of the iconic hero to life.
Become Captain America, the ultimate Super-Soldier, in the darkest days of World War II as you face the Red Skull and his army in this epic third-person action adventure. Wield Captain America's legendary shield to take out multiple enemies at once, deflect incoming fire back at your enemies, solve puzzles, and scale walls. Above all, hurl yourself shield-first into the fray, with the superior force of the world's first Super-Soldier at your fingertips. Engage in free-flowing combat and acrobatic platforming to infiltrate Hydra's massive and mysterious castle complex and battle the infamous Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra, and a host of nefarious enemies serving the Red Skull in an all-new Captain America story and adventure.
Captain America: Super Soldier combines an acrobatic combat system with fluid platforming and a highly tuned suite of shield attacks including melee combos. In addition, the completely original story for Captain America: Super Soldier is penned by noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage. The primary writer for the Marvel's Avengers: The Initiative series of comics, Gage has written numerous books for major Marvel characters, including Siege: Captain America, Iron Man, X-Men, Spider-Man, Civil War: House of M, and Union Jack.
Key Game Features
- Become Captain America - Engage in combat against enemies bent on world domination during World War II. Use your abilities as the ultimate Super-Soldier to infiltrate Hydra's Castle and annihilate the forces of evil.
- Wield Captain America's legendary Shield - Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies.
- Capture the Castle, Save the World - Infiltrate a huge castle complex that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn.
- Acrobatic Platforming - Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions.
- Free-Flowing Combat - Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him. Execute punches, kicks, grabs, vaults, and shield throws to unleash the power of Captain America.
- Face Fearsome Foes - Face off against Captain America's greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more.
- Original Storyline Set in the Movie Universe - Experience the stirring tales of Captain America's world with an original story by noted Marvel scribe Christos Gage created specifically for the video games and set in the movie universe.
- Comic Book Legend - Created by the legendary team of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby in 1941, the iconic hero actually predates the Marvel name by 20 years, first being issued by the company's predecessor, Timely Publications. Over 200 million Captain America issues have been sold in 75 countries, and the shield-wielding hero is a key member of the Avengers alongside comic book icons The Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor starting in The Avengers #4 in 1964.
Face fearsome foes.
An original storyline.
Top Customer Reviews
Like any game that's been out long enough, I strongly recommend buying the game used because...uh...it's cheaper and just as good as a new version.
One major complaint that seems to follow Sega Wii games is that the game has a glitch. Unlike the other versions of this game, the Robot Zola boss is unbeatable (at least in my experience and the experience of every other gamer I've found on the internet) and that's a bummer. The good news is that Robot Zola is the second to last level, meaning you can play almost the entire game. If you can beat Zola, good for you- I gave up and still feel satisfied with the game.
Captain America and Batman both make great video games because they have limited powers unlike Superman and Green Lantern.
In this almost kitchsy entry that remains true to the spirit of Captain America's origin, to the film tie-in, and to a feeling of a comic book superhero "Captain America: Super Soldier" fares quite well on the Wii. First off is the graphics on this platform, something that nobody expects to be stellar. Here the Captain is portrayed in bright colors with a strong but slim build from the waist down and an overly developed upper body that lends itself more to a feeling of comic caricature than reality; the developers weren't trying to make this game feel like you were walking through a movie set. The objectives of each of the (9 or 10? I can't remember which) levels are essentially the same: collect stars to unlock abilities, collect some special artifacts in order to unlock game bonuses, and complete the main missions of destroying Hydra weapons and confronting and beating Hydra troops and bosses. Nothing more and nothing less, all wrapped within a compact story narrative that doesn't try to follow the film but could fit within one of it's middle narrative acts. Note: the game does make use of Chris Evans' voice in a limited capacity.
The main baddies that you'll be battling are Madame Hydra (also commonly known as "The Viper" in the Marvel Universe), Baron von Strucker, and a massive Arnim Zola creation. You will come into contact with the Red Skull but the game, as it is a movie tie-in, actually smartly and wisely doesn't make him the main villain or allow you to defeat him.Read more ›
I mention God of War because it is the same melee style, combo based action you find in that series. Enemies surround you and your overpowered hero quickly beats them up like an old Jackie Chan movie. Cap continues to extend his combo ability as he powers up, earning new abilities every so often from experience enemies drop. The combos are generally started by pulling the B button repeatedly as Cap plows his way through the toadies. When surrounded, you will occasionally see "Z" pop above your head. At those times, tapping the button will send Cap into a counter attack, smacking around an enemy that is getting ready to strike from behind.
Not as frequently used however is Cap's shield. In combat, it essentially serves to stun enemies, deflect their bullets or ignite the clichéd big red barrels (side note, when will bad guys finally learn it is always a bad idea to stand next to big red barrels?) Using the shield during combat is clunky, requiring IR aiming which generally takes too long and is imprecise. The shield winds up being used mostly for puzzles.
The puzzles in the game are simple and repetitive like the combat. Unlike the combat though, the puzzles aren't much fun. Most involve stepping on a switch and then using the shield to blow something up, either by throwing it or deflecting bullets. Usually some sort of power switch. Yawn.
Platforming is equally sad with win button platforming.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
wii version better then ps3 version ps3 version too hard and designed like a movie wii version is more like comic book the way it supposed to be ps3 games allways come out too... Read morePublished 13 months ago by geoffrey
This game is good for those who are looking for a breezy, fun experience throwing Captain America's shield. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Gabrielle
Game is great and my daughter really enjoys playing the game. Keeps the kids busy ! She's like the captain amercia movie as well.Published on December 28, 2013 by RJM Inc.