Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 7, 2013
I had heard some decent to good reviews for this film-to-game translation and so eventually got around to trying it. I am an easy fan of Captain A but I wondered how a cherished comic book superhero icon would translate from the silver screen to a video game as so many have fared poorly in doing so?

In this almost kitchsy entry that remains true to the spirit of Captain America's origin, to the film tie-in, and to a feeling of a comic book superhero "Captain America: Super Soldier" fares quite well on the Wii. First off is the graphics on this platform, something that nobody expects to be stellar. Here the Captain is portrayed in bright colors with a strong but slim build from the waist down and an overly developed upper body that lends itself more to a feeling of comic caricature than reality; the developers weren't trying to make this game feel like you were walking through a movie set. The objectives of each of the (9 or 10? I can't remember which) levels are essentially the same: collect stars to unlock abilities, collect some special artifacts in order to unlock game bonuses, and complete the main missions of destroying Hydra weapons and confronting and beating Hydra troops and bosses. Nothing more and nothing less, all wrapped within a compact story narrative that doesn't try to follow the film but could fit within one of it's middle narrative acts. Note: the game does make use of Chris Evans' voice in a limited capacity.

The main baddies that you'll be battling are Madame Hydra (also commonly known as "The Viper" in the Marvel Universe), Baron von Strucker, and a massive Arnim Zola creation. You will come into contact with the Red Skull but the game, as it is a movie tie-in, actually smartly and wisely doesn't make him the main villain or allow you to defeat him. None of this is too challenging and after you complete the game you can increase your difficulty level if you want to replay it. Cap's acrobatic animations and in-game fighting styles and movies really didn't get old. His spinning "helicopter" kicks, his boot stomps, his superman punches...there was a wide variety of fun beat-'em-up moves and they were nicely animated so that you could enjoy them even amidst the button-masing and Wii thrusts. (The game is rated "T" and would probably stir up particularly young boys to act out the moves so it may not be a good one for the tots; I wouldn't let my four-year-old watch it which bummed him out.)

I had a lot of fun with this game. I wouldn't be surprised if I got around to replaying it again in the future. I'd give it an overall solid 4 stars.
on May 7, 2017
don't usually give bad reviews but I was very upset with this game. My son went to put it into our Wii and there was a disc error so he wasn't able to play it. It was for Christmas and he had been wanting it for awhile. I will say though that the company let us return it and gave us our money back.
on August 14, 2012
Despite being a huge comic book fan and an American, I've never took much of a shine to Captain America. Having said that, this game is one of my favorite "superhero" games for the Wii. Unlike Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Fantastic Four, the controls are really easy to become accustomed to, making gameplay instantly enjoyable. Throwing the shield is very similar to throwing a bat-a-rang in some Batman games (Batman: Brave & the Bold; Lego Batman 1 &2; etc.) The graphics are pretty dark, so I recommend adjusting the brightness. If you are amused by Nazis talking goofy trash about America, then you won't be disappointed. Additionally, you get to beat up the Nazis after they spout their silly rhetoric.

Like any game that's been out long enough, I strongly recommend buying the game used because...uh...it's cheaper and just as good as a new version.

One major complaint that seems to follow Sega Wii games is that the game has a glitch. Unlike the other versions of this game, the Robot Zola boss is unbeatable (at least in my experience and the experience of every other gamer I've found on the internet) and that's a bummer. The good news is that Robot Zola is the second to last level, meaning you can play almost the entire game. If you can beat Zola, good for you- I gave up and still feel satisfied with the game.

Captain America and Batman both make great video games because they have limited powers unlike Superman and Green Lantern.
on January 17, 2013
My son loves Captain America the movie and when I saw this game I had to get it for my son. He got several other games for Christmas but this is the one he wants to play the most. He is under 10 and he can do most of the things that the screen tells him to do with Cap. but he does get frustrated when some of the directions are not really clear. The voice is the Chris Evan's (Cap from the movies) and that is cool! He likes to "beat up the bad guys".
on October 24, 2014
This game is good for those who are looking for a breezy, fun experience throwing Captain America's shield. The fact that the cast of the movie contributes to this game elevates the value.
on March 21, 2013
I actually bought the game for my 4 yr old grandson. He can play it with some difficulty. I enjoyed the heck out of it. It's a shoot em up game with just a little "search for the object" included. Controlling the character isn't difficult.
on March 15, 2016
son loves it
on January 14, 2016
Very happy with item.
on June 22, 2016
Cool!
on December 28, 2013
Game is great and my daughter really enjoys playing the game. Keeps the kids busy ! She's like the captain amercia movie as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.