Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Captain America: Super Soldier - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 39% off the $49.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Use Captain America's Shield: Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies
- Capture the Castle, Save the World: Infiltrate a huge castle complex that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn
- Acrobatic Platforming: Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions
- Free-Flowing Combat: Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him.
- Face Fearsome Foes: Face off against Captain America's greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Captain America: Super Soldier is a third-person, single player action-adventure game in which players take up the fight, as well as the shield of America's original comic book super soldier, Captain America. The game features an exciting blend of free-flowing combo based combat and acrobatic platforming against the backdrop of an original storyline set in the universe of the major motion picture release of the same name. Additional features include: the full list of Captain America's greatest villains and superior graphics that bring the adventures of the iconic hero to life.
Become Captain America, the ultimate Super-Soldier, in the darkest days of World War II as you face the Red Skull and his army in this epic third-person action adventure. Wield Captain America's legendary shield to take out multiple enemies at once, deflect incoming fire back at your enemies, solve puzzles, and scale walls. Above all, hurl yourself shield-first into the fray, with the superior force of the world's first Super-Soldier at your fingertips. Engage in free-flowing combat and acrobatic platforming to infiltrate Hydra's massive and mysterious castle complex and battle the infamous Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra, and a host of nefarious enemies serving the Red Skull in an all-new Captain America story and adventure.
Captain America: Super Soldier combines an acrobatic combat system with fluid platforming and a highly tuned suite of shield attacks including melee combos. In addition, the completely original story for Captain America: Super Soldier is penned by noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage. The primary writer for the Marvel's Avengers: The Initiative series of comics, Gage has written numerous books for major Marvel characters, including Siege: Captain America, Iron Man, X-Men, Spider-Man, Civil War: House of M, and Union Jack.
Key Game Features
- Become Captain America - Engage in combat against enemies bent on world domination during World War II. Use your abilities as the ultimate Super-Soldier to infiltrate Hydra's Castle and annihilate the forces of evil.
- Wield Captain America's legendary Shield - Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies.
- Capture the Castle, Save the World - Infiltrate a huge castle complex that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn.
- Acrobatic Platforming - Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions.
- Free-Flowing Combat - Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him. Execute punches, kicks, grabs, vaults, and shield throws to unleash the power of Captain America.
- Face Fearsome Foes - Face off against Captain America's greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more.
- Original Storyline Set in the Movie Universe - Experience the stirring tales of Captain America's world with an original story by noted Marvel scribe Christos Gage created specifically for the video games and set in the movie universe.
- Comic Book Legend - Created by the legendary team of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby in 1941, the iconic hero actually predates the Marvel name by 20 years, first being issued by the company's predecessor, Timely Publications. Over 200 million Captain America issues have been sold in 75 countries, and the shield-wielding hero is a key member of the Avengers alongside comic book icons The Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor starting in The Avengers #4 in 1964.
Face fearsome foes.
An original storyline.
Top Customer Reviews
This game was overlooked, for the most part, due to some of the lower budget aspects of the game. That broad statement aside, Captain America: Super Soldier, is a solid PS3 title that uses the trusted formula you may have seen in Batman: Arkham Asylum.
You will find yourself climbing, jumping, flipping, dodging, punching, sabotaging, and throwing your shield through 19 chapters of a story that takes place sometime during the events of the film. Combat, story elements, overall mechanics, look & feel are all very similar to Batman: Arkham Asylum. If you enjoyed that game, chances are you'll like this.
There are a few aspects to Rocksteady's formula that are not emulated very well. This tends to give the game somewhat of an overall dull feel and mechanical flow. The story is interesting, but ultimately simple and something we've seen before; evil scientist is trying to recreate the Super Soldier formula to create his own minion, etc... That said, it's enough to keep you interested and coming back pretty easily. Plus, the game is pretty short, which is fun for me since my time is limited. I liken the story and length to a good 4 part movie. With the action, cinematic sequences, and involvement with the movie (it's a bit of a prequel), it's really just a good time.
I enjoy Captain America, so that may sway me just a bit, but this is a fun, albeit short game; perfect for a rental. Pick it up if you wanna feel like Cap over the weekend and don't need the most polished experience to enjoy a game.
Since I wrote the above, I'll also say this. After a few days of returning the game to gamefly, I have found myself writing a review about this game on Amazon, because I am looking up the price to pick up a used copy of it. It's a really fun game. If you are a Cap fan, it's a really, really, good time.
The one thing that makes this game different than many of the others is the use of counter attacks. When an enemy is about to strike you or shoot at you, an indicator will appear on the screen, and if you time your block just right, you'll retaliate with a vicious blow, or knock their bullets right back at them! I thought that was really cool and I had fun doing that.
Yes, the combat was borrowed from Arkham Asylum, but it was still fun to fight, nonetheless. I do wish they would have tweaked the combat just a bit though, like maybe allow Captain America to jump in the air. Batman and Captain America are the only 2 action games that I know of that does not make use of a 'jump' button. In most games, the jump button is 'X', in this game, that just makes you roll/dodge. If you've played Arkham Asylum, the combat is pretty much identical. If you have not played AA, just imagine a free-flow combat system that allows you punch, kick, and counter; if all timed correctly, can be a thing of beauty. You are also able to use your shield in combat by throwing it at people, which is very fun to do.
The only weapon that Cap uses is his Shield, which is plenty enough. Through upgrades, you'll be able to hit multiple enemies with one throw which will definitely come in handy as you progress through the game.
The enemies in the game can be fun to fight at times, but I wish there were more of a variety. I may be wrong, but it seems to be only about 5 or 6 different enemy types, if that.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really enjoy playing this game. It's entertaining and you can re-enter the game after completing the story, to find all the things missed first time through.Published 1 month ago by Joker
Amazing game and graphics. Absolutely loved it. Definitely a marvel game and worth the money.Published 1 month ago by Chelsea Jepperson
This game is quite fun, a big surprise. Many other reviews talk about that, so I won't dive in to that too much. Read morePublished 3 months ago by AugustFourSeven
Captain America: Super Soldier is an open world game the way Batman: Arkham Asylum is open. Missions progress through several unique areas, but all areas are interconnected and... Read morePublished 7 months ago by K. Stuart
Won't load on my PS3, gets to 75 percent when installing then just sits there, let it sit for 2 hours and just sits at 75 percent. Disc looks fine, no scratches. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Andre LeDoux