About the Product
- Use Captain America's Shield: Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies
- Capture the Castle, Save the World: Infiltrate a huge castle complex that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn
- Acrobatic Platforming: Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions
- Free-Flowing Combat: Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him.
- Face Fearsome Foes: Face off against Captain America's greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Captain America: Super Soldier is a third-person, single player action-adventure game in which players take up the fight, as well as the shield of America's original comic book super soldier, Captain America. The game features an exciting blend of free-flowing combo based combat and acrobatic platforming against the backdrop of an original storyline set in the universe of the major motion picture release of the same name. Additional features include: the full list of Captain America's greatest villains and superior graphics that bring the adventures of the iconic hero to life.
Become Captain America, the ultimate Super-Soldier, in the darkest days of World War II as you face the Red Skull and his army in this epic third-person action adventure. Wield Captain America's legendary shield to take out multiple enemies at once, deflect incoming fire back at your enemies, solve puzzles, and scale walls. Above all, hurl yourself shield-first into the fray, with the superior force of the world's first Super-Soldier at your fingertips. Engage in free-flowing combat and acrobatic platforming to infiltrate Hydra's massive and mysterious castle complex and battle the infamous Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra, and a host of nefarious enemies serving the Red Skull in an all-new Captain America story and adventure.
Captain America: Super Soldier combines an acrobatic combat system with fluid platforming and a highly tuned suite of shield attacks including melee combos. In addition, the completely original story for Captain America: Super Soldier is penned by noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage. The primary writer for the Marvel's Avengers: The Initiative series of comics, Gage has written numerous books for major Marvel characters, including Siege: Captain America, Iron Man, X-Men, Spider-Man, Civil War: House of M, and Union Jack.
Key Game Features
- Become Captain America - Engage in combat against enemies bent on world domination during World War II. Use your abilities as the ultimate Super-Soldier to infiltrate Hydra's Castle and annihilate the forces of evil.
- Wield Captain America's legendary Shield - Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies.
- Capture the Castle, Save the World - Infiltrate a huge castle complex that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn.
- Acrobatic Platforming - Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions.
- Free-Flowing Combat - Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him. Execute punches, kicks, grabs, vaults, and shield throws to unleash the power of Captain America.
- Face Fearsome Foes - Face off against Captain America's greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more.
- Original Storyline Set in the Movie Universe - Experience the stirring tales of Captain America's world with an original story by noted Marvel scribe Christos Gage created specifically for the video games and set in the movie universe.
- Comic Book Legend - Created by the legendary team of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby in 1941, the iconic hero actually predates the Marvel name by 20 years, first being issued by the company's predecessor, Timely Publications. Over 200 million Captain America issues have been sold in 75 countries, and the shield-wielding hero is a key member of the Avengers alongside comic book icons The Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor starting in The Avengers #4 in 1964.
Face fearsome foes.
An original storyline.
Top Customer Reviews
Let me start by saying that I am absolutley loving Super Soldier! When it comes to combat the developers have done a fantastic job, anyone that has played Arkham Asylum will feel right at home. Cap controls great, combat is fast and brutal, it uses the exact same counter attacking that was found in AA as well as the slow motion zoom in for that final bone breaking punch or kick. Cap of course does not have all of Batman's gadgets he does have his trusty shield which can be thrown, block enemy bullets right back at them and used to melee the enemy into submisson. It's so satisfing to be surounded by 10 enemies and to effortlessly dispatch them without a scratch on you. Boss fights have been a lot of fun, i'm really enjoying the story which is all contained within one giant compound and the voice acting is solid with Chris Evans and several other actors from the film providing their voices.
Now Super Soldier is a movie tie in which means a shorter development time because they have to have it out in time for the film which is a shame because with a little more time and polish Captain America could have been a truly great game rather than just a really solid one. Obviously it is a little rough around the edges graphics wise.Read more ›
Sure, the environmental details could have been better, but they aren't bad enough to actually ruin your experience...not anywhere close. And as for the fighting, I actually quite enjoy it. The shield adds a welcome change to what I feel was a little monotonous in Arkham Asylum. For my "run & gun" style playing, having a shield to reflect bullets works quite well. My only complaint about the combat would be that it is not as fluid changing between targets during combat.
As for game length, for not being an RPG, it's really about standard length.
Is it the best game out there? No...but it's a lot better than it's being given credit for.
And let's not forget it RELEASED at under $40!!!
Graphically this game is average, i'm not wowed, but they aren't bad. They seemed to have put most of the detail work into Captain America himself, he looks quite good, even up close. I particularly like the shield, it looks right and is oh so satisfying when you give it a toss.
I've heard some comparisons to Arkham Asylum and Prince of Persia and i have to agree. The combat is heavily influenced by the recent Batman game and I'm happy about it. I really enjoy the simple yet satisfying combat, which consist of a standard attack, a grab attack, the counter button and a dodge function. The combat is the most polished aspect of the game. The attack and dodge animations are tight and just plain fun to watch. The moves are easy to pull off and make you feel like a patriotic badass. The platforming section looks very much like a prince of persia game but you don't really have much control over the Cap at these points. All you do is hit one button to make him jump and swing around and there is no finesse required on the player's end, just hit the button over and over and watch Cap do his acrobatic thing. Some people will not like this, but it didn't bother me.
The shield itself really steals the show. It can be used to block all manner of attacks including gunfire.Read more ›
The game is a blast. Im about halfway finished and I think it is much better than some of these folks are giving it credit for. The fighting is great, the challenges are fun and frankly I'm glad I bought it. Well worth the 40 bucks, period.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
OK, so I know Sega doesn't exactly have a history of releasing great games based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Read morePublished 14 months ago by jemlem82
My nine year old son really enjoys this game it is not to hard nor to easy for him.Published 15 months ago by ChristinaBell
Nice game action, very much like the Batman Akhum series of game. Fun to play.Published 20 months ago by Lance Lemke
I loved this game! The combat, story, and platforming were all done really well. It really is Captain America's Arkham game. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Sara C.
This game was an extraordinarily positive surprise for film tie-in games. The game stands on its own with a story separate form the film franchise and plays very well. Read morePublished on August 22, 2014 by J.D.K.