Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Platform: Xbox 360|Change

Showing 11-20 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on December 18, 2011
I can't say this is better than Batman: Arkham Asylum, but it is similar, in the sense that there are lots of hidden items and enemies to beat up. There are things to explode and secret areas to uncover.

Like Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, this is a video game based on a movie of the same title character.

The graphics in CA: SS are very good, but the story of the game could use a bit of tweaking. The final boss should have been Red Skull, but at least he is in the game.
on September 12, 2012
I went into the game thinking that it was going to suck. It turned out to be pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be. I only have two small complaints about the game. It was a a little short, which was expected. And after you beat the game you cannot go back and replay chapters, you can only start completely over, and lose all of your upgrades. Other than those two things I found it to be a pretty decent game.
on January 21, 2012
I love this game. The combat is simple and fun to use. But there is a draw back.(If you are a person who gets all the achievements then you should be warned), There is a achievement which is impossible to get and I've been trying to get is for over a month and have not goten it, it is (And They All Fall Down)
4 Enemies KO'd with a single Focused Shield Throw. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET!!!!! But if you have gotten it please write a review so I can get it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
After playing through Sega's Thor movie game, which was on the verge of embarrassingly bad, I had extremely low expectations for this. To my delighted surprise, CA: Super Soldier was actually a very enjoyable play-through. The combat is definitely the highlight here, and very much like Batman: Arkham Asylum--fluid, a big variety of moves and attacks, weighty, and fun to watch. The graphics stand head and shoulders (several times over) above Sega's Thor, and are on par with what's expected in a 2011 release. Sure, there are things that could have been improved (platforming seems undeveloped, and the game isn't incredibly long), but this is a good, solid third-person action/adventure game with a good story (nothing fancy), and a fair amount of replayability with the "challenge" modes. I think this game has been getting a bad rap simply due to the fact that it's a movie game and it was released by Sega--two characteristics that have rarely resulted in anything worth purchasing. While it's not game of the year by any means, if you can pick this up for under $40 like I did, I think it's a good buy, especially for Marvel fans who've been looking for a solo adventure with the good Captain. If a sequel materializes for the same studio, after this solid first go-around, I think they have a chance at developing something that can compete with Rocksteady's Batman franchise.
on October 14, 2011
An excellent game that is fun and offers great graphics! Very similar to Arkham Asylum with the added advantage of utilizing the shield. Stages are unique and challenging but not too overbearing. A few delve to far into the mythos of Captain America, offering ridiculous expectations but as with anything, you can not satisfy everybody but this game will satisfy those wanting an engaging video game!
on October 4, 2011
I'm not gonna say much in this review. It feels like a cheap version of Batman Arkham Asylum, but yes it was a fun game overall. Too bad it was extremely short. I got a gold medal on every challenge, got every unlockable, got 1000 gamerscore, and beat the story in just about 10 hours. Short, but fun. Would wait for the price tag to go to 20. I purchased at 30.

7/10
66 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2014
Playing the game and going through all the levels was an experience like watching the movie. I really enjoyed going through all of the trials and puzzles. It was a challenge for the serious player.
on March 13, 2014
Everyone knows all the SEGA/MARVEL games have been horrible. However...Someone didn't get the memo and made a pretty rocking game. its a llittle rough on the edges, but otherwise a super great game.
on October 11, 2015
One of the best superhero games since the Batman Arkham series.
on August 26, 2011
Very fun game. Wish it was a little easier to earn moves. But I am only a casual gamer. I find the action very entertaining and challenging. Timing for bouncing bullets etc. I like that he has lots of moves, I just wish I didn't have to work so hard to earn more of them so I could use more of the moves.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.