Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants #9)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Dav Pilkey delivers another fun-filled story in the ninth Captain Underpants novel. In this funny adventure, the boys have no choice but to face Kipper Krupp, the big bully, on their own. Tormented by Kipper in the past, the boys create a clever plan to defeat the bully, and this plan is filled with many unexpected upcoming events to finally seek revenge. 'Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers' will have any child laughing-out-loud as it entertains throughout. A triumph in this hilarious series, enjoyable, and Recommended for young readers!
on February 21, 2013
I read this book aloud for my tween sons. We're fans of the series, and we all enjoyed it very much. The pranks were pretty funny and elaborate, and the story could be used as a jumping off point for a conversation about bullying. Do Harold and George go too far in bullying the bullies? What can you do when the principal (or another grown-up) ignores bullying in real life?

This book (#9) is by far the longest of the series at 303 pages. By comparison, "Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman" (#5) is the second longest book we own in the series, at 170 pages. Perhaps that's why we didn't like #9 quite as much as usual - it seemed in any case that the first 10 chapters were a little slow.

I must add: don't judge a book by its title. As a mom, I was very negative to the series before my boys got their first book of the series as a gift. We read it, and I liked it a million times more than I expected.
on March 3, 2016
Started buying this series for my husband to read to our toddler on his nights to read! My husband was griping that he only had a few books that he would read to our son because of his own preference so we got a captain underpants and haven't looked back! My husband enjoys reading these to our 3 year old son and our son loves daddy's enthusiasm, voices and excitement reading them! Wonderful buy for any dad's looking for books they enjoy reading as well!
on June 26, 2016
I didn't even know these books existed until my nine-year old son asked me to buy the Kindle book. He must really love this book, because he finished it within a day. He then proceeded to tell me an entire summary of the book. If this series is getting him to summarize the stories, then I'm a new fan. It is a pretty hilarious story. We will definitely order more in future.
on January 25, 2015
My 7 year old son loves Captain Underpants & was just missing two books. This and the other one we ordered arrived in perfect condition and on time. It was actually cheaper for us to order the hard cover books using our prime membership.
on March 23, 2016
Great books for readers who are around first and second grade. My little boy who is 7 has read all the books up to this one with help from his sister and I. It encourages imagination and sounding out of rediculously funny words. He looks forward to reading the next one that we just recently ordered!!
on November 28, 2015
My son loved the book. He is 7 and I downloaded the book and he had it read by the end of the day. He is a very good reader, so I don't know if most 7 year olds would read it that quickly, but he loved it. Normally I would not give such a high rating to a book that he read so quickly, but the series keeps him reading, so that, by itself, deserves 5 stars!
on July 22, 2015
I bought this as a gift for a friend's son, age 8. I don't know him very well and picked it because of how much my daughter enjoys the books in this series. It was a huge hit. The hardcover made it a nice gift, and this kiddo dove right in as soon as he unwrapped it! Turns out he's already a fan of the series and he hadn't read this one. A great response for a reasonably-priced gift. This is not the first time I've given a hardcover book from this series as a gift and it won't be the last!
on August 2, 2016
I gave my nephew 4 of these for his birthday. My brother let me know they were a huge hit. Kids love these books. Especially if you have a child or relative or loved one who might like a story that is a little silly and irreverent, take the chance and buy at least one of these. Have some fun! I know that my brother also has some fun reading these with his son.
on August 31, 2012
After being bugged for a couple of weeks, it finally arrived, the end of august, after just being published. This book must be good! My son finished it the same day when it arrived, and is reading it again, the next day. It seems like fun to read, and interesting by the pictures of the book. When you love your kids, and they are interested in reading, get it!