Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Captured Live At Carnegie Hall
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on March 27, 2000
When this recording was first released in the 1980s, it was a stupendous example of Peter Allen's skills as a songwriter and a performer. Unfortunately, this re-release is something of a hatchet job. Several sections of Peter Allen talking to the audience, explaining songs or just demonstrating his charming personality, have been mysteriously deleted. The songs are brilliant and deserve a good listen, because Peter Allen remains a sorely underrated musician. But the omission of Peter's interplay with the audience is a real disservice both to Peter Allen and his fans.
on December 26, 1999
I first met Peter at the Colonial Tavern in Toronto on my 18th birthday ( I was legal in Ontario .) I'd first heard him on Riener Swartz's TVO show in March of 1975 and was very impressed at the jazzy/ broadway/ camp quality of his work soooo, I ventured down with a buddy of mine for a few drinks and some tunes. Paul Drake, the pianoman at the hotel Peter was staying & a long time, well respected jazzman was there and INSISTED on singing along. I insisted that he be quiet as I could hear him ANY time and Peter was only here for the week. I met Peter that night - we had a few jars, he sang 'Happy Birthday ' to me and we became friends - something you can't have enough of in this life! It was Wonderful! Peter was and is something that MUST be experienced live! He was new, fresh and exciting! His show, his presentation and his tunes were " new, deft little tunes that are both interesting and happy." Live at Carnagie Hall delivers some of what you would have seen. A performer at his best - live, up close and personal.To anyone that might consider purchasing this album - I strongly suggest that you do! Sadly, the Colonial is gone and so is Peter but they will both be remembered by those of us who had the pleasure of seeing him and knowing him.
on November 16, 1999
I remember when I first heard that Peter Allen had what was initially diagnosed as "throat cancer". After I got over the initial shock, I thought how sad that I would never be able to hear that voice again! When he died - I was shocked that his recording labels "scooped up his albums" from the stores for future gain. (can you say greedy?) That is what makes this album - MOST IMPORTANT. I had worn out most of Peter Allen's albums over the past years so I was pleased to see that this wonderful Peter Allen album was available. He was truly at his best - providing the ambiance of what made him a performer exrtodinaire and a songwriter par excellance. If you can only own one Peter Allen album (and why would you only own "ONE"?) - this SHOULD be it! It's fun, it's serious, it's melodious - and it's campy - in short - it is all of the wonderful things that made Peter Allen - Peter Allen....and boy is he missed!
on May 1, 2003
I had this cassette, but lost it and have been looking everywhere for a replacement. I ordered the CD and, although I agree with a previous reviewer that too much banter with the audience had been cut, the music is still so wonderful. It's hard to believe that he's gone. What an entertainer. His ballads are his specialty. I am so happy to once again have this in my collection.

I'm editing my last review about this product, because I pretty much wore out my CD and was going to order another. Well, there were cassettes available, too...so I ordered one and the banter is on this one. So good to hear his stories again.
on September 6, 2012
Look i'm gonna tell it short and sweet.
This album is chock full of glitter and gold all rolled into one with one of the greatest entertainers at the peak of his powers dishing out his one of a kind sweet and fun personality with a batch of tunes made of tin pan alley, broadway, pop standards, and superlative songwriter songcraft.
Peter Allen was the real deal and you will find yourself dancing and singing along to such infectious melodies like "Everything Old is New Again" then you will be deeply touched by his tribute to Judy Garland, "Quiet Please There's A Lady Onstage" which begins as a quiet ballad which transorms itself into a rollicking showstopper.
Other highlights include the Legs Diamond duet "Come save me" featuring Nikki Gregoroff and the tender beautiful "Somebody's Angel" with Dian Sorel.
Captured Live at Carnegie Hall is a treasure of heartfelt artistry brimming with an infectious passion and will bring joy and happiness to anyone who encounters its magic.
on October 19, 2014
This live recording captures in the most contagious way Peter Allen's personal magic and his joy for performing. He is funny and heartbreaking. His "Once Before I Go" is hauntingly beautiful. A rare gem was he.
on December 7, 2014
I was fortunate to see Peter live at Carnegie Hall, the Copacabana, on Broadway (in Up in One), and a number of other occasions. This concert was a definitive event; a performance by someone who is still missed. But, even as good as it is, seeing him live is even better.
on November 13, 2014
I had a cassette called It's time for Peter Allen and I search EVERYWHERE to re-buy it. I am absolutely worn it out - well this is actually that CD! - I checked all the songs on the CD before buying and they were there - and I thought that since the old one and this one were LIVE - that at least I would have the Peter Allen - I loved.... but I did expect that it would be that CD!! I AM THRILLED!!
on May 15, 2006
Sometimes consumers get exactly what they deserve. The big record companies are greedy individuals who would love nothing more than to charge all you Peter Allen fans $21.98 for ALL 82+ minutes of this two LP set. So a record company compromises the best way they can to give you ALL the music and SOME of the banter between songs and you all still complain.

The BIG labels did not even want to deal with this release so give Buddha credit and thanks for releasing it in the first place. Next, who in the world told you all to get rid of every LP or cassette that you owned. If you dumped all of them you quite likely got rid of some music that will never come out on CD. Listen to those if you want the entire thing.

The banter was excised so that YOU, the consumers, could get this worthy performance and ALL the original MUSIC at a fair price, like Amazon's 10.98. Despite the fact that Peter Allen is one of the few performers whose banter even mattered you have the essence of the performance. So enough with what is not there. Be thankful for what is there and buy it now before it disapperas forever.
on December 27, 2013
packed full on energy that entertains for a long time!i miss his unique voice and ability to wear his emotions on his sleeve.