Industrial Deals HPC Holiday Gift Picks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 30, 2012
I actually purchased two of these items and it turned out that newer Sansa Clips have a micro connector and this one does not fit the newer Sansa Clips. I can commend CrazyOnDigital as they gave me a full refund. I purchased these off Amazon and the Amazon discription was not the same as the discrition on CrazyOnDigital. After I received the order and I found out the connector did not fit I went to CrazyOnDigital and their site noted these chargers were for BlackBerry phones. If Amazon had included this information on their site I would not have ordered them because I have a BlackBerry and I know the connector is different. Both Amazon and CrazyOnDigital should update their sites with information discribing the connector so other shoppers get what they really want.

The Charger with the micro connector for the newer Sansa Clip is:

Durable Flexible Black Silicone Skin Case + Car + Home Travel Charger for Sandisk SDMX22 Sansa Clip Zip Mp3 Player
on August 30, 2013
I bought a second Sansa Clip and this accessory pack for my wife to use, unfortunately she was only using it in our car and was using my car power cord. When my daughter borrowed it, she tried to use the new wall power adaptor and we discovered it was a mini usb plug, not a micro as required on Sansa Clip's. I have since found that the car adapter is also a mini usb. I contacted the company and informed them of their error. The product was listed as for a Sansa Clip. Their fault right! Well, I missed their time line for returns. So all I can do is warn Everyone that they may send You the wrong product and even if you meet their time line, who wants to deal with a return exchange anyway. So, like me best find another source for adaptors. I'm going to track down where I got my first set (it worked).
on May 29, 2008
I agree with the first two reviewers. This doesn't work unless I am missing something. The red light on the charger comes on and it will light up the MP3 screen, but it won't charge the battery. I have a 2gb Sansa Disk. Maybe it works with the 1gb. I noticed with the info I got with the player it indicated that some USB ports might not generate enough power to charge the batteries. Perhaps this is also the case with this charger. Amazon needs to take it off the list for this particular player. It was only $7 so not worth the hassle and cost of returning it but right now I am out $7 plus SH which is a total of nearly $15. Not worth another $6 to send it back. Don't buy this item unless there is some trick I am not aware of to get it to charge. I let the battery go completely dry and then connected the device to the charger. I checked it about 6 hours later, nothing. I then took the unit in to the computer to charge it. It immediately started to charge. I needed a charger for trips when I might not have a computer handy to charge the unit. Waste of money.
on August 10, 2013
Most of these reviews say it doesn't work, but I must've gotten lucky, because mine's rather helpful. I love that I can now charge my Sansa Clip from an outlet AND in the car. My main reason for buying this was the car charger, and it's a little beauty. Helps me keep my music with me everywhere.
The only complaints I have are that they're rather cheaply made (in fact, if I didn't know any better, they feel rather hollow they're so light), and you have to jam them into the Sansa Clip. It's a tight squeeze, and they get stuck sometimes so it can be a struggle.
I got this at a great deal, so if the price is right, you might just want to try your luck. Mine works great - yours might, too!
on November 17, 2013
The Griffin Wall Charger + Car Charge is very well made, sturdy and durable. Initially, I did not know how to connect it and thought it was not compatible with my Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player which has a micro USB connector. I was going to return it until I reread the "For:" comments on the package and noticed the little asterisk next to "Clip." The asterisked comment tells you to use the cable that comes with the player. Ah ha! You use THAT cable to connect to both the wall charger and car charger. It works beautifully. If you have a Sansa Clip Zip you do not need the shipped cable unless you want to charge another unit that may be compatible with it.
on May 26, 2011
One would expect a DC power plug intended for car use to have some durability. I plug it into my 12V port, the other end into my player, and gently brush the cord of to the side so it doesn't get tangled in my gearshift or center console. After a month of such behavior, the attachment point from the wire to the plug became loose and frayed, and a week or so after that the wires started to tear and it stopped working completely. If you have this item and it hasn't broken yet, secure the wire to the plug with some electrical tape to prevent this from happening to you.

The wall charger has fared better, probably because I don't expect to manipulate wires out of my way whenever I plug it in. I wouldn't recommend this item, but I can't really complain too much considering what I paid.
on November 28, 2011
I purchased this from **CrazyOnDigital**. I tried it out when I received it, but it was dead and wouldn't charge my Sansa Clip. I was going to test out the car charger, but didn't get around to it until recently (I assumed it would be dead as well). Interestingly enough, the car charger did work. I quadruple-checked the wall charger, but it was clearly Dead on Arrival. Apparently there's a 30-day return policy, so, if you're going to buy this, make sure to test it when it arrives--because there's a good chance that it'll be broken and waste your time and money.

There are 13 other 1-star reviews documenting how defective the wall charger is. Only buy if you want to use the car charger (and have faith in it actually working).
on May 10, 2008
When I got the chargers (wall and car) I rated the vendor 5 star for the delivery. However, I carried the two to Florida on vacation along with the Sansa 2 GB MP3 and plugged each in at various times. They do not charge - only light up with a solid battery on the screen. The battery is supposed to blink when charging and it does not. Since I didn't have my computer with me I had no player to listen to while there. Only $7 but I have junk here!
on July 25, 2013
I have only used the wall power charger but it is working great. I am using it now to keep my Clip charged up to either be on the go with me or to drive a I-Pod bucket player. Very happy.

On the original order, they forgot to ship one of the two chargers. After contact via email - they shipped the second charger with no question asked.

A very good deal - Charging the Clip by plugging it into your computer takes up a port and tend to be a pain.
on November 8, 2013
These items were no doubt good for their intended purpose and I should have researched them better first. I burnt out my Sans Disk trying to recharge it using the cigarette lighter adapter in my vehicle. I bought it because it was one of those articles that was under the heading, "People who bought this item also bought these items," when buying a Sans Disk.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.