Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 27, 2015
this rag's gone down the toilet.
filled with non relevant adverts and the new staff thinks the readers want a bunch of pointless graphics and useless graphs.
i'd prefer words and content.
on January 23, 2018
I have been a life time reader of Car and Driver.
I even had a subscription in prison .

No other magazine has the level of wit and intelligence that can put me behind the wheel with words.

In depth reviews. Testing .of everything from econo box cars to the most expensive and rare exotics.

One off tuner cars ( Shelby, Hennessy ect)
The politics of the industry
Trends
Technology

The annual Lightning Lap issue.

Plus some entertaining and interesting articles
A Detroit based magazine with a Detroit based view and very deep industry connections that never disappoints
on November 19, 2014
NO NO NO! I hate auto renewals! I had already extended my subscription another 3 years - an offer I received directly from Car and Driver - when I got a VERY last minute notice of this auto renewal. Thing is, they send the notice when it is already too late to cancel it. As a matter of fact, I believe it was already processed, and at a rate I would not have consciously paid. Well, it's cancelled now, for good. I won't make that mistake again!
on December 11, 2017
First of all, the writing staff of Car and Driver over the past 30 years has been exceptional. This review has nothing to do with the quality of the writing, and everything to do with the quality of the Magazine.

If you're happy with random billing without notice, this is the company for you.

The statement above "If you purchase the auto-renewing offer, your subscription will renew at the end of the current term. Before it renews, we will send you a reminder notice stating the term and rate then in effect. Cancel anytime." IS FALSE.

I was just billed a month early without any kind of notice or warning. And their customer "service" is laughable.

Cavet Emptor.
on December 17, 2017
Issues have been pretty bad. Last one was deplorable. Just a lead up to their 10 best issue. No in depth reviews.
on August 16, 2013
I remember when magazines used to have strong covers that made them endure several months of reading by several people (ahhh... the barber shop...). This one came with covers almost as thin as the inner pages and therefor the magazine gets wrinkled very fast, in fact, I received the first one all marked and with corners folded. I will cancel subscription and stay with the digital version instead. Now, the content of the magazine... very scarse compared to advertising.
on October 30, 2017
My husband and Dad read this magazine from cover to cover. Always a pleaser!
VINE VOICEon February 22, 2007
I've subscribed to C&D reasonably consistently for about 10 years. I've periodically let my subscription expire for a few months at a time (mainly because I'm too lazy to renew) and have periodically subscribed to (or picked up at the mewstand) other US car magazines like Road & Track, Motortrend, Autoweek, etc., but keep finding myself coming back to C&D. C&D is clearly superior to those I just mentioned, in my opinion.

There are, however, a few magazines out there - like the UK's EVO and CAR, that may be better than C&D from some points of view (better photography, great reviews of a lot of exclusive sports cars I'll never get my hands on), but those publications are very pricey and they don't have as much information on mainstream cars you can buy in the US.

What I like: Good all around magazine. The road tests and comparison tests are generally very good, and reviews are generally chock full of tables of data (acceleration times, pricing, etc.). It's reasonably well written and, generally speaking, when you read a review you get a sense that the editor/reviewer knows what he's talking about (this isn't the case for some of C&D's competitors, unfortunately).

What I don't like so much: The comparison test results aren't always, ahem, all that unbiased (or at least they sometimes don't come across that way). Also, C&D is a car magazine - too many pages are spent on booooring SUVs and Crossovers. One other negative is that C&D just recently (a few months ago) changed their format somewhat - I liked the old format much better and there really was no reason to change, but this is just a minor gripe.

I give C&D 4 stars. Right now I subscribe to C&D and EVO, and I think that's a great combo - EVO for the great photography and articles about high end sports cars, while C&D provides good general information about more mainstream cars you can buy in the states. I doubt I'll ever not have a C&D subscription for any length of time.
on July 1, 2012
For years I subscribed to Car and Driver, and it was my favorite automobile magazine. Then the quality started going downhill, so I let my subscription lapse during the dog days of the auto business from 2008 through 2010. The quality and page count of C&D was at its lowest point. Last year (2011) I caught a few issues on the newsstand and noticed that the quality was getting better. I subscribed at Amazon's cheap price, and it has been well worth it. I plan to let the auto-renew continue. If they screw me on the autorenewal price, I'll update the post.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2017
Too many exotic cars in this magazine.Some useful info but mostly fluff.