Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 150 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 204 reviews
on January 30, 2013
Nobody writes characters like Tess Thompson. It's like she looks into our lives and creates her characters based on our best friends, our lovers, and our neighbors. Caramel and Magnolias, and the authors debut novel Riversong, have some of the best characters I've ever had a chance to fall in love with.

I was lucky enough to receive an advanced readers copy and could not put it down. I don't like leaving spoilers in reviews so just trust me, Nicholas Sparks has nothing on Tess Thompson, her writing flows so smoothly you can't help but to want to read on!

There is a twist in there that I did not see coming AT ALL that ties everthing together! Genius!

I'm already looking forward to Tess Thompson's next novel!!!
on August 13, 2017
What a pleasant surprise! This book was downloaded over a year ago and, like many others, go lost in my library. I'm so glad I came across it to give it a chance. I found I really enjoy Ms. Thompson's writing. I also enjoyed the characters, story line and the romance aspect without the explicit romance some authors feel the need to write. There were a lot of emotions going on throughout the book and the flawed characters were refreshing.

If you want to know what happens in this book, be sure to read some of the other reviews since they pretty tell you what happens. Even after you read those reviews, take a chance on this story. Hopefully you'll like it. I thought this was a very well written book and a very good story.
on April 1, 2013
I would give this story a five star rating for carefully written and edited work, and a one star for content, so I decided three stars is fair.

The content was too light, and I skipped over the gooey parts, but I liked that the characters found true love. The plot was great, although I would like to have had it more well-developed. Because Cleo had to ask where Simon was buried, I gather she didn't attend his funeral. I thought this was unrealistic, as this happens to many, many people, but they still manage to attend the funerals of their loved ones. And I think the cemetery scene was unnecessary. The story didn't need that drama, as Cleo had already moved on.

It was so refreshing to read a story that was free of editing errors. I had read four in a row before this one that were seriously damaged because of poor/no editing.
on January 30, 2013
I love Tess Thompson's books because I love good writing. Her prose is clean and tight, which are increasingly rare qualities, and manages to evoke a full range of emotions with both subtlety and power. Her fiction goes well beyond art imitating life. Thompson's characters are alive and fully-realized, the action is believable, and the story unfolds with the right balance of tension and exuberance. CARAMEL AND MAGNOLIAS is a pleasure to read.
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2017
Cleo is a teacher and a friend of Sylvia and Malcolm. Sylvia wants desperately to have a baby, but is unable to conceive. There is an adoption agency that actually sells babies to wealthy families and Sylvia wants to try them with Cleo's help. When Sylvia learns that a baby is available, Malcolm tells her he has found someone else. The baby making business is very alive in Legley Bay, Washington.
on March 6, 2017
5 star quality reading that was very realistic. I remembered the news about pregnancy pacts which is what made this storyline real to me. The characters where will rounded as was the story. Welk done. I'd love to see a follow up story on the other brothers
Love comes to he who waits, isn't just a phrase. It is so true so be there aware! Fate has many twists and turns, get to know neighbors and friends. We are all connected in so many ways .
on November 5, 2015
This was such a good story. The characters are so real. The story is so believable. You can put yourself in the story in so many ways, as a mother, as a girl from a bad home, and as the girl who lost someone she loved
on June 18, 2014
This is a good story. There are really two romances going on here. It definitely has an interesting premise - teenage girls paid to get pregnant and give up their babies for adoption. When Chloe's friend unknowingly adopts one of these babies and may lose it, Chloe goes undercover. It's one of those stories that shows you the twisted minds of people and the poor reasons for what they do.
on January 24, 2016
I can only tell you that I love Tess Thompson's books. He characters and stories are warm and inviting. I wish I new how to do a half star so it would be 4.5. That's only because I will review the others I've read and a couple are special. I know this is probably a strange comment but it would be nice if her book fronts were more interesting. Weird, I know.