Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 12, 2012
Love this book. It is very easy to follow this program. Will see weight loss without exercising. Can eat a lot on this plan
on March 9, 2013
Haven't had a chance to read the book but am looking forward to it and hopefully losing some weight soon.
on January 18, 2010
Compared to other carb cycling diet type books, I did not find this one impressive. It seemed dated. Not many interesting recipes. I feel you can do better with other books.
on February 4, 2006
This progam is so complicated it is nearly impossible to understand. The author is a physician and exercise physiologist, and the book is written in technical lingo, making it extremely difficult to understand. The instructions frequently seem incomplete. For example, there are some good sounding recipes in Chapter 6, in which the author notes that he has included more Level C recipes than Level A recipes since they can be eaten during any phase of the diet. However nowhere on the recipe pages is it noted which recipes belong to which phase, and the reader is left to look over the carb content of the recipes and try to decipher which level they apply to.

Calling for six small meals a day, as well as keeping track of calorie consumption, you will need to devote large amounts of time spent in the kitchen cooking and packing the food you will need to carry with you so you can eat something every couple hours to maintain steady blood glucose levels. This is another one of those diet books with menu plans that call for things like "a slice of pizza", that always make me wonder what the dieter is meant to do with the rest of the pizza?

In my opinion, this book could have benefitted from more mindful editing. The information presented in it is potentially useful for a good many individuals, if only we could understand it.
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2007
This book is so much better than other diet books! I think this is because the author gears it towards helping the reader/dieter understand the real reasons behind why we gain weight and lose energy as we get older. As a middle-aged woman, I immediately saw the sense in everything Dr. Malkov explained, and have begun to implement it. Also, he is a very clear writer: in a very few pages he explains the reasons why I'm always gaining back the weight I work so hard to lose. He also does a great job of explaining the connections between refined carbs and weight gain. He gives information I haven't read anywhere before about how the muscles are affected by Atkins' style diets, and why the carb cycle method is more friendly to the body, and will not age the body like the low-carb diets do. I really recommend this book to anyone who is trying to diet and stay healthy at the same time. It's a great source of knowledge and motivation to live a more healthy lifestyle, and it gives a lot of practical advice about how to stay healthy, once you reach your goals. I'm extremely glad I read it and recommend it highly.
on August 14, 2007
In this book Dr. Malkov explain us in an easy way what we should do to have a healthier life by the process called "carb cycling diet". He explains it based in two principles: the anabolism, the process by which your body builds mascle, and catabolism, the process of burning fat. Different foods function for different purposes in your body, and controlling the food intake with knowledge of these two principles makes it easier for everyone who wishes to lose weith without giving up their favorite foods. He also gives many recipes for foods and easy hints for doing exercises even when you're completely out of time to do so. I recommend this book to everyone who would like to lose weigth and have a healthier life exploiting the foods in the best way.

(Portuguese) Nesse livro Dr. Malkov ensina de um modo fácil como levar uma vida mais saudável através do processo chamado "dieta do ciclo do carbono". Ele explica baseado em 2 principios: anabolismo, processo pelo qual seu corpo constrói massa, e catabolismo, o ato de queimar a gordura.
Diferentes alimentos funcionam para diferentes propósitos no corpo, e controlar a alimentação com o conhecimento desses processos torna mais fácil perder peso e ganhar massa muscular sem abrir mão das comidas favoritas. O autor tambem fornece diversas receitas e dicas fáceis para exercícios mesmo para quem tem pouco tempo durante o dia. Recomendo esse livro a todos que desejam perder peso e aproveitar o que os alimentos tem a oferecer de melhor.
on August 31, 2006
I bought this book a few months ago and it has been a tremendous help. I really do have more energy (no more 3pm caffeine/sugar cravings!) and look and feel better. Finally, I have learned the best way to consume carbs. Over the summer I have gained new, lean muscle and dropped fat. Everyone says I look great - people have really noticed. I also found the program very easy to follow and simple to understand. I read another user review that said it was complicated. It's not. Even my mother (who has never followed a diet in her life!) has been able to figure it out and she is also looking and feeling much better. It's perfect for people who are new to dieting (like my mom!)or just need to get better results after years of dieting and exercising (like me!)Great Book!
on April 5, 2006
This diet is an amazing blend of science and practical advice. I lost fat in areas where it was hanging all my life. None of the diets I tried before were able to do this for me. I tried WW, Atkins, South Beach, Body for Life but fat on my thighs never went away until I started this diet. And the amazing part is that I am eating sweets( I have a big sweet tooth!). The recipes with whey protein are quite interesting. They don't taste great but they are okay for carb restricted days. I do not feel hungry for a long time after eating them. I feel healthier and happier with my body. This diet is my light at the end of the tunnel. Many Thanks to Dr. Malkov !!!!
on February 1, 2006
i started a trial of the carb cycling, so far it's been an easy progress for the last week, i feel great...concept is very logical and to me the book was easy to read - this is a diet program after all...although the recipes are quite sophisticated, i get a good idea of the type of foods i should be eating...simple, there are no carb allowed days and carb allowed days!
on October 24, 2014