Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
Great option for moderate power LED lights
on January 6, 2013
First off - these are NOT for 'turbo' power lights. They state that explicitly. Do not use them for incandescent bulb lights either - same issue.
I received these in an attempt to reduce my usage of non-reusable batteries in my 100-200 lumen LED lights. That's really what they are best for in the flashlight realm. I cannot speak to other uses as that is my only purpose for this size battery.
- Exactly the same size as the CR123 batteries they were purchased to replace. When you compare them side by side they have the same diameter and length. I don't know where some are coming from when they say they are a different size.
- Relatively quick charge time - 1.5 to 3 hours depending on charge when put into the charger.
- Pack comes with car charging option - very cool and makes for extreme convenience when camping, travelling.
- Run my surefire G2 and Streamlight Polytac LED lights just fine - no overheating, no problems!
- protected and regulated to 3v
- These hold about 2/3 the energy as rated compared to the non-rechargables - this means you will get less run time in your lights.
- They should not be used to run high power lights as they apparently won't work.
Overall I am very pleased. They fit in the lights I want to use them in and run just fine. I fully expect to buy fewer batteries now that I have a good rechargable set.
Hope that helps....