CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Cardinal Wood Checkers & Tic Tac Toe
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.00 (7%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Solid Wood Reversible Game Board
- Wood Playing Pieces
- 2 Games on 1 Gameboard
- 5 Years + Up
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The unusual feature is the fact that they are black and light brown instead of the ususal black and red.
Some cons about this set: the included instructions are not very detailed, about one paragraph long, so hopefully you already know how to play the game. (For what it's worth, it contain several typos, too.) Clearly the company didn't invest a lot of effort in the instructions.
The checkers have an embossed pattern on one side, but in my set, one of the checkers wasn't embossed. It's not a big deal, but I think shows some lack of quality control on the part of the manufacterer.
One more thing to throw out: the gameboard smells like -- and I am not making this up -- barbecue. Maybe it's made of mesquite or something. It's a fairly strong scent, pretty much detectible the whole time while playing the game. It's not a bad smell. Who knows, it might even be a selling point if you like barbecue.
I think it will serve our purposes well, and last for years. Good set for the cost. Only drawback is I thought it would be oak board and it is not. Also it is just a tad small (square) I believe 10x10 inch.
Things to improve:
1) Quality control. As usual with anything made in China, there was no quality control on this product. One of the pieces was missing the swirl design used to "queen" a piece. Another reviewer had this same problem.
2) No spare pieces. I have never seen a checkers board not come with a few spare pieces. Especially since this is such a small board and set of pieces not coming with at least one or two spares is kind of a rip off.
3) I wish I bought a Checker / Chess combo board. My daughter is 5, so I thought that Chess was too far off to warrant buying a Chess and Checkers combination board. I was wrong.
My recommendation to you is not to make the same mistake I did. Spend a little money to get something nice, preferably made in America (or Europe). If you do buy this, you will be assured that you will get what you paid for.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this to teach my grand daughter how to play checkers. I liked the idea of a wooden board and checkers something a little better then the card board one I had 65 years... Read morePublished 3 days ago by T. Martin
When I took the item out of the box the checker board had scratches all over it!!!Published 1 month ago by John
The checkers weren't all the same and don't stack on each other.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
It's a cheap MDF board that the pieces are small and plain and its basically pretty crummy. Buy it if you still think it's cheap enough. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Chaz
This will last a very long time. The cardboard ones break after awhilePublished 2 months ago by Monica Mathews