Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review imagereview imagereview image
3,159 people found this helpful
|1919 comments|Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2,736 people found this helpful
|2626 comments|Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson January 13, 2017
LOVE this game!!!!! I originally bought this as a Christmas gift, but our plans fell thru and we didnt see the person whom it was intended for. I debated on returning it, but I am SOOO glad I didnt!! We had a small get together with a couple of friends and this game was a huge hit, I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. I am looking forward to purchasing the expansion packs, as everyone had so much fun we now have a once a week game night.
15 people found this helpful
on November 16, 2017
This game is so much fun. I played it with 3 generations family last weekend. I've been fearful of us drifting apart. Usually the adult nephews are bored and ready to bolt. Everybody has to be "someplace." I had reservations about playing this game w my mom and her grandsons so I pulled maybe 30 of the most "horrible" cards but after about 20 min I started shuffling them in. We as a family haven't laughed and enjoyed each others' company in a VERY long time. After 2 hours flashed past more than one face hurt from laughing.
We like to think highly of ourselves but by the end the consensus was yup, we really are horrible people. Funny but THAT bonded us. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and I'm not the only one.
9 people found this helpful
on December 31, 2015
Ok game to play a few times. Gets old fast though. Fun but WAYYYY overrated, don't expect too many playthroughs. Impossible to buy used or sell thanks to Amazon policy on this game.
18 people found this helpful
on June 2, 2016
Excellent entertainment!! We laughed so hard our sides hurt and we weren't even drinking any booze!!
review image
14 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2016
It's fairly common knowledge that this game is very offensive. So if you're easily offended, it's a no brainier that this is not the game for you. Lots of sexual cards, a bit of Holocaust 'humor' cards, and there are even a card or two in there mentioning pedophilia. My husband has a pretty obscene sense of humor, but even we had to take out some cards (mostly the pedophilia cards, and he doesn't like the ones mocking God or Jesus.) The game is amazing, though, so it's not really a big deal at all to toss 5 or 6 cards that go to far for us. There are PLENTY more to chose from that are still ridiculous and entertaining, especially if you go into the expansion packs.

All we have to do is mention having this game at a party or get together and immediately dozens of hands fly up when we ask if anybody wants to play, or tons of "I WANT TO PLAY!"s are shouted at the simply mention of having the game. It's especially entertaining to play with normally more reserved old ladies... because then the truth really comes out, and you find their just as disgusting a person as you are haha
4 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
9,570 people found this helpful
|5150+ comments|Report abuse
on December 23, 2016
I played this game about 2 weeks ago with a group of about 10 people. Ages ranged from 21yrs of age to about 30. Although some of the phrases were indeed funny, after a few "rounds," the game became somewhat dull and slow. At one point, we made the game into a drinking game. Even then, most individuals lost interest and we decided to move on to other games.
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 11, 2016
I've been hearing so much about this game, and I love opportunities to do things together with a good group of people. So, I finally decided to buy this game. It was everything I hoped and more! The rules are fairly simple, and it didn't take long for the group of us to understand the premise of the game and then to truly embrace it. The game doesn't tell you when a person has, "won" so we decided after playing for over an hour that we should stop when someone reached 10 points. We had a small group this time, just four of us. And because it was our first time, we didn't use any of the recommended variations to the game. And I don’t currently have any of the many expansion packs. The rules are simple, find the best (or worst possible) words to fill in the blank for a phrase, or to answer a question. The power to decide who provided the best answer is in the hands of one person and it rotates each turn. There are lots of possible answers, and a decent amount of “questions” which is where I think all of the expansion decks must come in handy. The cards are the same stock as a good set of playing cards. So, that makes shuffling them fairly easy to do. In all, it was definitely worth the money and I can’t wait to play again. We even had a laugh over the inspection tag that was located in the box. It’s NOT your standard tag. I’m already planning a get together so I can get friends together to play. I paid full price for this game, and did not receive any discount. These are my unbiased opinions.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.