Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35,369 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36,969 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 2,122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2323 comments| 2,400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 302 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,085 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2017
This is a super funny game to play with the right group of people. The cards are meant to be very crude and "against humanity" so know what you are buying. I did take out some cards that were a little over the top for me and my wife, but you get to choose for yourself what to keep and what to remove. I will say that the replay ability is limited in that once you go through the deck once, then you tend to find certain cards less funny, however, the expansions and playing with new groups of people help in this regard.
on January 13, 2015
This game was very entertaining to pass some time at a large family gathering. The cards seem to be high quality and printed well though very basic in their printing (no designs, fancy colors, not that you need that). We definitely had a few good laughs playing with about 10 people for maybe 90 minutes or so. But even in that short of a time span we were already running across repeats. This could could get old very quick with large groups or playing it frequently, thus the numerous expansion packs for sale. The expansion packs are more than twice as much per card so expanding the game could get expensive. So it is a great game that if you got it out once a year or less for family gatherings/parties could be blast, but if you played this weekly or monthly it would get old fast.
Cards Against Humanity is a game I'd heard of over and over again, but up until recently had been reluctant to buy due to the ages and stages of family members in my household. I finally caved and bought it as a gift for my teenage daughter. Much to my surprise she went through the cards and categorized them (she has OCD so this was not unusual to me...) to eliminate certain cards when playing with her grandparents. (I taught her well.)

A tad spendy, I thought I'd never consider buying it. Now I am looking at bonus card collections. Go figure.

A fun game rated age 17+, I'd tend to agree with that rating. Too much explaining would have to happen otherwise, and that takes away from game play. Or maybe it's just inappropriate, but if you're worried about that - you won't wan to buy this game anyway.
on December 28, 2016
I happened to find this card games by accident and learned that one of my family member also bought the same products for Christmas gifts. This is very fun ( if you have very dry sense of humor and does not get offended by anything for fun) game for older teenager to adults. We played this card game on the date of Christmas and two adult family members ( They are mid 50's) withdrawed because they are so offended with the words on playing game. However, all young adults ( age 17, 21, 23, 27 and three 50's) laughed so hard while playing this game. Famiy members who are just watching us playing this card game got to laugh as well and felt embarrassed what kind of answers we pick while playing. Here are one examples, the question was "What is ruining my current relationships?" Players pickeds answers like, "my ex-wife", "Herpes", "Sean Penn", "AIDS", and etc. If you have a horrible, mean sense of humor that you can joke with your friends, this is "THE ONE". You should buy this and have fun with it. That does not mean that you are a bad person! It is just a game to play how bad we human can go. After playing this game, we all felt like we will go to hell on Christmas night. Have fun with it.
on July 13, 2017
Older kids have a really good time playing this game. If you start getting the same cards, you can buy expansion packs from the manufacturer, and can purchase other third party expansion packs such as "crabs against humidity" . We have several sets of each.

The game is a bit like Apples to Apples, but more entertaining for teens and adults. I don't suggest kids play this due to some of the content.
on February 26, 2016
I bought this as a gift for my daughter and her fiancee' and they loved it! It is like a twisted version of the game Apples to Apples. It is definitely a game for adults only. This game can be played for hours & hours and you still want more! This is a great game to play when you want to have a game night with friends. I personally like to play this after a couple of drinks. This game is not for the easily offended, but that is exactly why it is so popular! We all laughed until we cried... or wet ourselves lol. I myself am grandmother and I love it and so does my dad. It's not just for twenty-somethings.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.