Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review image review image review image
1717 comments| 2,648 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2525 comments| 2,562 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 376 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 10, 2017
Raunchy game that’s a whole lotta fun! It does say, “for horrible people” on the box and I admit that sometimes while playing I felt that way. Haha I must say, that I love this game. It’s an icebreaker for certain and gives you some interesting insight into the minds of your peers.

I purchased some expansions and a carrying case for the game and I’d highly recommend the same. It makes it way more fun, fresh, and you can tailor the game to your tastes and likes.

I definitely recommend this game, but be aware that you need at least 4 friends to play with that are not offended by much and can take a joke!
review image
on December 12, 2017
Got this to play at NYE with our neighbors. It was alot of fun! Fast forward a year and a half and I brought it to my parents house. Played with my sister, husband, cousins and my 58 year old FATHER on Thanksgiving! Let me tell you, not only was it extreme laughs and embarrassment it was the best time! The only thing is, I feel like when you play it alot the cards are the same and then you have to invest in the expansion packs. Overall loads of fun.

If you have no sense of humor and are easily offended, this game is NOT for you!
on April 10, 2016
So after hearing so much about this game and playing it at a friends house, we had to have it. It doesn't really matter who you play with, there will always be some good laughs, and the possibility of offending someone at any turn. Luckily, my friends are all sick like I am so we don't have that issue. After playing a few rounds of this game, I ordered all of the expansions to keep the fun coming. CAH is a blast!
on August 10, 2017
Best. Party Game. Ever. Learn more about your friends and family than you ever wanted to know, find out who knows the dark secrets of your heart better than you're really comfortable with, and enjoy an evening of evil, mean-spirited, and sexually explicit banter with the ones you love. I've bought a set for everyone I know so that no matter whose house we're at we are always able to play a few hands to remind ourselves what base, terrible human beings we are.
on October 19, 2017
To begin with the game is a little perverted but of course what would you expect when the title is “ cards against humanity “ .. it was such a fun time . Played with my friends while having some drinks and another while on a girls night out . The instructions are clear and make it super easy to play and get started
on October 29, 2017
So fun! If you like Apples to Apples and you're over 18, you'll love this game! My family tends to be rather non-PC and that goes a long way in this game. We are in tears when it's time for the judge to read the different submissions. I HIGHLY recommend this game, not your typical board game.l
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.