Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jordan Davis GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2525 comments| 2,707 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review imagereview imagereview image
1818 comments| 3,090 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 5, 2014
I purchased this game because I was told it was extremely funny.. One night when the kids were over for dinner I decided to bring the game out. Kids age range from 35 - 42, anyway my husband pulled out a couple of cards and looked a bit surprised. The 1st card said `jerking off in a pool of childrens tears' - as others around the table sat with a puzzled look on their face he passed that one around and a couple of others before he said "I'm not playing that game" - we all agree it wasn't our kind of game. I decided to read the rest of the pack the next day. Though I might have been ok with some of the vulgar sayings there were some I simply could not tease or laugh about, for instance -
Kids with ass cancer
Holding children down and farting all over them
Pedophilia - etc----
Muhammad as praise be onto him
The unstoppable tide of Islam
The Blood of Christ
The Crucifixion -etc------ anyone want to make a joke about these??
Not me!! I returned the game.
I guess it just depends of how desperate you are for a possible laugh.
2222 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2013
Love this game. Seriously. Love it. I played the original with some friends and family and was in TEARS half the time because the combinations were just so hilarious/politically incorrect/awful. Many people were rolling and/or crying with every single round.

But there is where the high octane hilarity ended.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game but after the shock value has worn off it just becomes an adult Apples to Apples.

Other things I've noticed:
The game doesn't have the desired effect with high brow sense of humor people. It seems like half of the cards are poop/sexual in nature which is fine but could cause quick burnout with your play group depending on their humor. What ends up happening (in my experience) is that people who have played the game more than once start to go for the deeper more obscure combinations that are funny to most but never win against the brute force of cards such as "pooping back and forth. forever."

I've come across another group who, unfortunately, went with the most shocking or dirty card to them even if it didn't make sense in the context of the black card played. This could be an undesired consequence of a few experienced people playing with completely new people. Just laying it out there so you wont be surprised when it happens to you.

Quality of the cards are pretty good but I've noticed several where it seems like the black ink on the back of the card is just too visible from the other side. It hasn't bled through, but the coloring on the mostly white cards just doesn't seem quite right.

Overall, I would recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a fun party game with friends who aren't offended easily and are equally gutter minded. Highly recommend using the "Lando Cardrissian" rule which can be surprisingly good at times. The other rules about manipulating the number of cards in your hand is aslo worth it because more options can only be a good thing.
2121 comments| 844 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 25, 2014
Played once and the vulgarity of the game made my wife question my morales and reverence to an almighty God. My parents were playing with us and in less than two hands announced my part in the will would be changed immediately the next business day and left our house for their home, a seven hour drive away, at 10:00pm. My wife hasn't called in several days now, but the box works well for holding up wine bottles with which to pretend to be my friends.
2525 comments| 381 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2014
Product arrived in good condition, but the examples on the back were a little too crude for my taste. Definitely not a good game for a young, adult bible study game night. I'll stick with Apples to Apples. If the back of the box was pictured online when I bought this, I would not have bought it.
2323 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 17, 2013
This game caused me to spiral downward into a deep, dark depression from which I have been unable to recover. Before playing, I was a kind, loving person with many friends and a supportive family. I had a strong sense of self and pride in my morals. My friends misled me into thinking the game was just a more entertaining version of Apples to Apples - little did they know the devastating consequences for my mental health. At first, I was horribly offended by the cards' content - what repulsive person could ever find these entertaining? But then... it happened. A black card reading "What's that smell?" was played. In response, a friend played the card "Auschwitz". And I laughed. In that moment, I felt my world crumble. I was not a good person like I thought - I was one of the horrible people this game appeals to! I had to remove every mirror from my house because I can't stand the sight of my reflection anymore. I even had to replace my iPhone - the temptation to snapchat was overwhelming, but each glance at my image would send me into a sobbing episode that could last weeks.

Do not buy this game. It will ruin your life.
2828 comments| 720 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,548 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 16, 2012
once i read the review saying there's a card where someone has to read "jerking off into a kiddie pool full of childrens tears" outloud to the rest of the group. I new the game wasnt for me or my family or my real friends. If your imagination is so lame that this game excites you then I only pray you find something that can turn your ignorant mind around. Burn this game..
3939 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2012
Pretty much Apples to Apples, created by people with the maturity of a 13 year old teenage boy. If dead baby jokes and toilet humor are your cup of tea, you'll enjoy this game. For those of us that eventually grew out of puberty, you'd be better off finding something else to play.
2020 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.