Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35,389 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36,990 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 2,129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2323 comments| 2,403 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,089 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2016
I happened to find this card games by accident and learned that one of my family member also bought the same products for Christmas gifts. This is very fun ( if you have very dry sense of humor and does not get offended by anything for fun) game for older teenager to adults. We played this card game on the date of Christmas and two adult family members ( They are mid 50's) withdrawed because they are so offended with the words on playing game. However, all young adults ( age 17, 21, 23, 27 and three 50's) laughed so hard while playing this game. Famiy members who are just watching us playing this card game got to laugh as well and felt embarrassed what kind of answers we pick while playing. Here are one examples, the question was "What is ruining my current relationships?" Players pickeds answers like, "my ex-wife", "Herpes", "Sean Penn", "AIDS", and etc. If you have a horrible, mean sense of humor that you can joke with your friends, this is "THE ONE". You should buy this and have fun with it. That does not mean that you are a bad person! It is just a game to play how bad we human can go. After playing this game, we all felt like we will go to hell on Christmas night. Have fun with it.
on July 13, 2017
Older kids have a really good time playing this game. If you start getting the same cards, you can buy expansion packs from the manufacturer, and can purchase other third party expansion packs such as "crabs against humidity" . We have several sets of each.

The game is a bit like Apples to Apples, but more entertaining for teens and adults. I don't suggest kids play this due to some of the content.
on February 10, 2014
Cards Against Humanity is a game best broken out at a party, preferably accompanied by alcoholic beverages. It's always a hit at parties, and I've never met anyone who didn't love it.

If you're the type who is easily offended by crude, raunchy, sexually graphic, etc. types of humor, then this game probably isn't for you.

It's very simple to play and can be picked up and understood by the dimmest and drunkest of your friends. It's very flexible as well. You can pretty much play it for as long or as short a time as you feel like, so no need to worry about having enough time to play. Rules can be created, added or altered to suit your play style or time restraints. We usually just play until most of us have passed out.

Keep in mind, there are multiple expansion sets available to change the game up if you get bored with the base set's cards and if you're in a pinch, the cards are always available to download for printing from the official site, free of charge.
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2015
Since replacing Apples to Apples and Monopoly our holiday after dinner family game play has been reinvigorated. Younger family members who should not be exposed at such a tender age to the true perversity of those they should customarily be expected to look up to enjoy the time as well since they are shuffled off to entertain themselves or just run wild while game play is in progress.

We find cross-generational play is the most revealing as the facades we all construct over the years are demolished by the responses submitted to consistently provocative cards. If you never wanted to think about what mom and dad may have been up when their bedroom door was locked you really don’t want to think about how much that saintly grandmother of three seems to know about BDSM.
on September 13, 2016
Cards Against Humanity
I heard a lot about this game and wanted to try it. I bought it for the family for family game night, but when it came in and I started reading the cards, I decided not to use it for that! It is very crude with a lot of sexual references and is not a family game but it is marketed more for a group of friends and I can see it being really fun in that setting. The game does look very fun and if you have a bunch of couples sitting around drinking it would be a perfect game in that setting. I would not use it for a family game night though lol.
I hope this review helps! We really enjoy Amazon and it is somewhat of an addiction, most of our shopping is done online and we find it is a wonderful way to shop. It is very easy to be able to search for the perfect item and send it right to someone as a gift without the hassle of going to the post office. We really enjoy trying and testing different products and reviewing them. When we are purchasing items the first place we look is the review section to see what experiences other shoppers have had with a particular item. This has been a big part of our decision to purchase an item or not. Because of this, we like to leave detailed reviews of the items we purchase to help others make the same decision. If this review has been helpful to you, please let me know!
on July 11, 2016
I've been hearing so much about this game, and I love opportunities to do things together with a good group of people. So, I finally decided to buy this game. It was everything I hoped and more! The rules are fairly simple, and it didn't take long for the group of us to understand the premise of the game and then to truly embrace it. The game doesn't tell you when a person has, "won" so we decided after playing for over an hour that we should stop when someone reached 10 points. We had a small group this time, just four of us. And because it was our first time, we didn't use any of the recommended variations to the game. And I don’t currently have any of the many expansion packs. The rules are simple, find the best (or worst possible) words to fill in the blank for a phrase, or to answer a question. The power to decide who provided the best answer is in the hands of one person and it rotates each turn. There are lots of possible answers, and a decent amount of “questions” which is where I think all of the expansion decks must come in handy. The cards are the same stock as a good set of playing cards. So, that makes shuffling them fairly easy to do. In all, it was definitely worth the money and I can’t wait to play again. We even had a laugh over the inspection tag that was located in the box. It’s NOT your standard tag. I’m already planning a get together so I can get friends together to play. I paid full price for this game, and did not receive any discount. These are my unbiased opinions.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.