Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review imagereview imagereview image
1818 comments| 3,040 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2525 comments| 2,690 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 416 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson January 13, 2017
LOVE this game!!!!! I originally bought this as a Christmas gift, but our plans fell thru and we didnt see the person whom it was intended for. I debated on returning it, but I am SOOO glad I didnt!! We had a small get together with a couple of friends and this game was a huge hit, I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. I am looking forward to purchasing the expansion packs, as everyone had so much fun we now have a once a week game night.
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,534 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 11, 2018
When I first played Cards Against Humanity it was one of the funniest nights of my life. It is such a huge upgrade to a game like Apples to Apples (which seems made for young children in comparison). I loved it so much that I bought the next six expansions and a special case to hold them all.

The writing is top notch, and when the game is fresh, you'll have a blast. However, I found that after years of play, the gameplay has grown to be more mundane - it feels like I'm just going through the motions. There are cards that will just win every time, and others that are almost always destined to lose. The black prompt card is usually irrelevant. Also, once the shock value of the funniest cards wears off, the game loses some of its enjoyment. If you heard the same joke 100 times, would you still think it's funny?

There are games that are still amazing and fresh to play after many playthroughs. I don't think this is one of them. If it comes up as a suggestion on board game night, I usually try to deflect with almost any other party game. Given the years of enjoyment I had with it though, I'd still say it's worth picking up. Just don't go too crazy with the expansions.
I purchased this to play with my friends and family. We have played it after cookouts and during get-togethers and always have a blast. It’s a lot of fun and a really funny game. In my opinion it’s pretty awesome.
I think of myself as a good but fairly strict parent who has three teenagers, “ages 14, 15, and 18” and have raised them not to swear or use foul language but I have enjoyed playing this game with my kids.
I think that’s part of what makes the game so fun. It’s not language anyone would normally use but is pre written on the cards and is just a part of playing the game.
It’s pretty funny watching people have to read these cards.

How the game is played:
There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of the game every player will draw or be dealt 10 White Cards. Then someone is selected to be the Judge for the first round. ( the rules state it’s the last person who went poo).
The Judge will select a Black Card from the deck of black cards. On these cards there will be an incomplete phrase or question that needs to be answered.
The Judge will then read off the Black Card and the other players will submit a White Card from their hand to the judge. The White Cards have an answer or response.
After each player (except for The Judge) has submitted the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, The Judge then reads aloud the Black Card along with the White Card of every player.
The Judge then reviews the question and the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets an awesome point (and that player holds onto the black card). And the players who submitted a White Card draw another White Card.
Then it’s the next person’s tern to be the Judge and goes clockwise or counterclockwise from there.
I found it’s best to determine and state how many awesome points you want to play too in the beginning to determine the winner.
We usually play to 6 awesome points in groups of 7 to 9 to determine the winner.
But you can make whatever number you like or what is the best number for the size of your group.

In my opinion Cards Against Humanity is a lot of fun and is an awesome game to play with friends and family members of an appropriate age. WARNING: This game has vulgar, sexually explicit, racially offensive questions and answers. You DO NOT want to play this game with children. You probably DON’T want to play this game with people who are VERY religious, or those who only like clean humor. If you fall into any of those categories this may not be a game you would enjoy.

I highly recommend this Cards Against Humanity, it’s a lot fun! It will defiantly make you laugh.
on July 11, 2017
This game is THE most uncomfortable game I've ever played! I kept hearing from a ton of people that I needed to get this game and play it ASAP! I searched all around the stores before I realized I couldn't buy it anywhere but Amazon (at the time). After I ordered it, I had it shipped to my parent's house because we were all going to be there for a family reunion.

BIG MISTAKE

No one told me this game was extremely raunchy and possibly inappropriate depending on age of players and such. From the very beginning of playing and trying to choose who would start the game to the questions that followed, we had several family members drop out after the first couple of questions because the questions were disgusting, disturbing, offensive, and uncomfortable to answer. I was not interested in playing every again.

FAST FORWARD

I decided to play this game with a small group of very close friends and we had a BLAST! We know each other very well, and the group of 10 or so of us made it fun because we knew we wouldn't judge each other for our frivolous answers and such. This would be the ONLY way I'd ever play this game in the future!
on June 20, 2016
So much fun if you don't take offense to the phrase combinations, and play it under the notion it's
just a game, and it's fun to "go there" because you only have so many card combinations to use.
By default, you have no choice but to play offensive phrases, but that's what makes it fun.
Not for everyone, that's for sure.
If you are sensitive to political and racial topics, it might not be for you.
It's like comedy, you know like Chris Rock type stuff.
The game is in no way trying to promote racism or hate of any kind.
I wouldn't be comfortable playing it if that were the case.
It's fun to laugh at random phrases that are normally taboo to use.
One of my favorites I used was Menstrul Rage.
Pretty funny phrase, because it's true for a lot of women-lol
There are others that may not ever be okay to say in a normal
setting, but that's the whole premise of the game. You have no
choice. You aren't writing the phrases, you're simply putting
2 pre-printed cards together in your hand to try to be the most obnoxious
phrase that's picked. No one knows each other's phrases unless it's picked as the
best/most obnoxious/funny one and you have to
try to guess who's it is, which makes it even more funny, because
people take light-hearted offense when it's not theirs.
It's kind of like a 1 or 2 times playing game because there are only
so many cards, and the shock value/hilariousness aren't there when
you see the same phrases.
There are new ones though, so that's good to remedy that problem.
on January 7, 2016
You need to know up front, this game is pretty filthy even for someone expecting it. Also, after you've played it once and seen all the cards, it's boring the next time unless you buy more cards. Though it was hilarious the first time we played, I would probably not buy this if I had it to do over. It could have been equally funny by just being bizarre without being quite so degrading.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.