Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 2,189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2323 comments| 2,419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2016
So much fun if you don't take offense to the phrase combinations, and play it under the notion it's
just a game, and it's fun to "go there" because you only have so many card combinations to use.
By default, you have no choice but to play offensive phrases, but that's what makes it fun.
Not for everyone, that's for sure.
If you are sensitive to political and racial topics, it might not be for you.
It's like comedy, you know like Chris Rock type stuff.
The game is in no way trying to promote racism or hate of any kind.
I wouldn't be comfortable playing it if that were the case.
It's fun to laugh at random phrases that are normally taboo to use.
One of my favorites I used was Menstrul Rage.
Pretty funny phrase, because it's true for a lot of women-lol
There are others that may not ever be okay to say in a normal
setting, but that's the whole premise of the game. You have no
choice. You aren't writing the phrases, you're simply putting
2 pre-printed cards together in your hand to try to be the most obnoxious
phrase that's picked. No one knows each other's phrases unless it's picked as the
best/most obnoxious/funny one and you have to
try to guess who's it is, which makes it even more funny, because
people take light-hearted offense when it's not theirs.
It's kind of like a 1 or 2 times playing game because there are only
so many cards, and the shock value/hilariousness aren't there when
you see the same phrases.
There are new ones though, so that's good to remedy that problem.
on October 20, 2017
To be successful at this game you have to be a horrible person and I absolutely love this game! Fun for all ages....er....ummm....adults only please. Great party game...alcohol not included though. Guess that would be the only drawback. If they could squeeze a 6 pack of good craft beer into the box I'd give it an extra 6th star reserved just for absolutely perfect products only. Play this game. Many expansion packs available so you don't get bored with it!
on September 24, 2017
This game is a riot! I played it with my family and with a group of girlfriends at a bachelorette party. Both times were a lot of fun! The game is easy to play and will have you cracking up. It is definitely not PG, but that's what makes it so much fun. It is structured just like Apples to Apples, but is the adult version. If you're looking for a great party game to spice up a party or family gathering, this is your game!
on July 27, 2016
What a fantastic game! It's hilarious every time we play! Although I don't recommend this game for children under 14, everyone with a good sense of humor and even a drop of clever creativity will have a great time. The game play is very simple, but the results can be fantastic with the right sense of humor. There are black cards with a situation or sentence that needs to have a word or phrase inserted to be complete. There are a lot of white cards with words or phrases that are meant to fill in the blank of the black card. All of the players are given a number of white cards and each round one person chooses a black card and lays it down for all the others to answer. The card that the one person chooses as being the best/funniest goes to the person who played it. When a player reaches a certain number of cards (meaning their answers were the best/funniest) after multiple rounds, that person is the winner. Pretty simple, yet really fun - especially if you think outside the box (and aren't easily offended).
Here's an example: the black card laid down says: " (blank to fill): Kid tested. Mother Approved." Someone lays down a white card that reads: "Oedipus Complex". The choices are hampered only by what's in your hand and how off-kilter you want to go - hence, not a children's game.
Disclaimer: I suggest not taking a drink of soda before the reading of each round, it may lead to sudden shooting from your nose.
on November 23, 2016
I was STOKED when this game finally arrived. The first time I played, I was at a friends house and we had so much fun I just HAD to get a set of my own. My friends and I get a kick out of this game and I'm looking into getting some of the expansion packs for some more fun and variation on gameplay. There are a few cards that can be quite offensive, especially to those who are averse to profanity, blasphemy, and all-around sick humor. But for those of us who know it's all in fun, *cheers*!
on April 19, 2013
So much fun, this game works so well with the type of humor my social circle enjoys. Also, we are probably going to hell.
1414 comments| 1,395 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.