Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review imagereview imagereview image
1818 comments| 3,086 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2525 comments| 2,707 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 422 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson January 13, 2017
LOVE this game!!!!! I originally bought this as a Christmas gift, but our plans fell thru and we didnt see the person whom it was intended for. I debated on returning it, but I am SOOO glad I didnt!! We had a small get together with a couple of friends and this game was a huge hit, I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. I am looking forward to purchasing the expansion packs, as everyone had so much fun we now have a once a week game night.
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
5150+ comments| 9,545 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2016
I've played this game so many times with friends and family. Nearly everyone I know owns it so I didn't bother buying my own deck until now. I'm so glad I did though. Building your own deck up with expansions is pretty amusing. As soon as this game was released, it became an instant classic. If you haven't played it, have a good sense of humor, and like to cross the line, buy it. And every expansion you can find. Because the laughs and time spend with friend and family is worth it. There aren't any cards I think are "too much" in the original. So expansions are completely necessary. I will say I won't let the kids play with us though. I think 15+ is appropriate (with expansions) The core game is probably fine for like 13+ imo.

Other than that, its a quality made game on good, heavy weight card stock. A slightly laminated feel to it, so go ahead play it with your alcoholic friends/family with no worries.
Don't play this game with your parents. You will hear them say things you can never un-hear. Nobody wants that.

If you do have a group of friends, Card Against Humanity can offer a hilarious couple of hours. While some people may be offended by the subject matter in the cards, as long as the group you are playing with are relatively open-minded and not quick to embarrass, it should not be a problem. The game is simple enough to pick up and play, with a few alternate sets of rules provided should the standard version start to feel stale. Our personal favorite is to play by the "Rando Cardrissian" rules (I love that name) wherein a random white card is played as if by an imaginary player. The cards "Rando" plays make an absurd game even more off the wall.

At this point with all the expansion packs that are offered, it might be a better idea to try and buy a bundle containing the original game with expansions, however if you just want o give it a try or hear what all the fuss is about, this is a great place to start.
on August 15, 2016
A great game for horrible people. I probably don't have to explain what this card game is as it has skyrocketed in popularity but for those who don't know the basics are these:
Everyone draws a hand full of white cards, these will have phrases or a word on them. Then one person (dubbed the "Card Czar") draws a black card that has either a question or a partially completed phrase.
Each person other than the Czar will then play one of their white cards that they think best fits the black card. These cards are shuffled up then read out loud by the Czar and they then pick the one that they think is the best.

Expect lots of laughing and finding out just how offensive you and your friends can be. Just keep in mind that this probably isn't a game for young kids as there are a lot of cards with adult content.
on June 20, 2016
So much fun if you don't take offense to the phrase combinations, and play it under the notion it's
just a game, and it's fun to "go there" because you only have so many card combinations to use.
By default, you have no choice but to play offensive phrases, but that's what makes it fun.
Not for everyone, that's for sure.
If you are sensitive to political and racial topics, it might not be for you.
It's like comedy, you know like Chris Rock type stuff.
The game is in no way trying to promote racism or hate of any kind.
I wouldn't be comfortable playing it if that were the case.
It's fun to laugh at random phrases that are normally taboo to use.
One of my favorites I used was Menstrul Rage.
Pretty funny phrase, because it's true for a lot of women-lol
There are others that may not ever be okay to say in a normal
setting, but that's the whole premise of the game. You have no
choice. You aren't writing the phrases, you're simply putting
2 pre-printed cards together in your hand to try to be the most obnoxious
phrase that's picked. No one knows each other's phrases unless it's picked as the
best/most obnoxious/funny one and you have to
try to guess who's it is, which makes it even more funny, because
people take light-hearted offense when it's not theirs.
It's kind of like a 1 or 2 times playing game because there are only
so many cards, and the shock value/hilariousness aren't there when
you see the same phrases.
There are new ones though, so that's good to remedy that problem.
on January 2, 2016
It's fairly common knowledge that this game is very offensive. So if you're easily offended, it's a no brainier that this is not the game for you. Lots of sexual cards, a bit of Holocaust 'humor' cards, and there are even a card or two in there mentioning pedophilia. My husband has a pretty obscene sense of humor, but even we had to take out some cards (mostly the pedophilia cards, and he doesn't like the ones mocking God or Jesus.) The game is amazing, though, so it's not really a big deal at all to toss 5 or 6 cards that go to far for us. There are PLENTY more to chose from that are still ridiculous and entertaining, especially if you go into the expansion packs.

All we have to do is mention having this game at a party or get together and immediately dozens of hands fly up when we ask if anybody wants to play, or tons of "I WANT TO PLAY!"s are shouted at the simply mention of having the game. It's especially entertaining to play with normally more reserved old ladies... because then the truth really comes out, and you find their just as disgusting a person as you are haha

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.