Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

36,225

Showing 1-10 of 34,660 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36,225 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review image review image review image
1212 comments| 1,718 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
2323 comments| 2,297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
This game has got to be the funniest game I've played in awhile... Played it with friends at a BBQ and it was a huge hit... Game is played with fairly simple instructions, each round one player picks a black card and shares it with the other players, the other players each get (3) cards from the white deck and answer with their funniest card... the funniest add on to the black card wins that round... WOULD DEFINETLY not recommend playing around children though, the cards are funny, however not intended for little ones... I have attached some examples in my photos below!
* [...]... Have an awesome day!;)
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
106106 comments| 8,964 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2016

2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.

on January 13, 2017
LOVE this game!!!!! I originally bought this as a Christmas gift, but our plans fell thru and we didnt see the person whom it was intended for. I debated on returning it, but I am SOOO glad I didnt!! We had a small get together with a couple of friends and this game was a huge hit, I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard. I am looking forward to purchasing the expansion packs, as everyone had so much fun we now have a once a week game night.
on April 19, 2013
So much fun, this game works so well with the type of humor my social circle enjoys. Also, we are probably going to hell.
2020 comments| 1,386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2015
I bought this game way back in the day when EVERYONE was talking about it. Played it with my two brothers and had a blast. Played it again with my friends... significantly LESS fun. I thought, eh, maybe it depends on who you play with. Played it again with my brothers. Even less fun... so I bought an expansion.

I took the game to a party, expansion and all. I didn't laugh (genuinely) once. I'm not a buzzkill, so I pretended to enjoy the game for the sake of the first-timers... but honestly... this game is a "one-and-done" type deal.

Don't bother buying your own copy if you have a friend who has it. Definitely NOT worth the money.
on March 2, 2016
WE LOVE THIS GAME! This game is a great way to have a good laugh and learn more about your friends. We find that this game is more fun in groups bigger than 4 because it makes it a little more fun to pick a card. The quality of the product is great and came as described. We recently played Urban Dictionary and in comparison, this game makes a lot more sense and is a lot more crude. People are often concerned about if this game is 'inappropriate' but it is more offensive then 'dirty'. I would consider the Urban Dictionary game to be more 'dirty'. So if you are looking for a slightly offensive game to laugh about then this is the game for you! If you like to curse and enjoy the descriptions of Urban Dictionary then I would recommend that game.

Pros-Fun!
Great quality
Came as described

Cons-NONE!
on January 24, 2014
I'm sure this is a tired comparison, but this game is essentially Apples to Apples for cynics. I had never played it but only heard of it when I purchased it, and I actually gave it as a stocking stuffer to my boyfriend for Christmas. We opened it up and played it with friends at our Christmas party, and everyone had a really good time, laughs all around. I would highly recommend it if you have a slightly twisted sense of humor and are not easily offended, because it can get wild.

On a sidenote, the good thing about this game is that there are several expansion packs available for purchase, in case you play with a lot of people and tend to run out of the black cards early or have played so many times that you've seen them all. There is also an app available for free on the Apple Market called Black Cards (or something similar) that provides you with prompts to use; you could probably come up with some kind of system where the winner gets a piece of candy or an index card or something to hold in place of the physical card.

Great card game for friends or family game night. Highly recommended!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.